Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• No chance. It was always going to be 1 in and 1 out. Bowyer was hoping a striker on loan to replace Clarke, now it will be a striker on loan to replace Grant and Clarke will stay.

Slightly less balanced then we hope but enough personnel just. The new striker will need to hit the ground running. Still an outside chance of going up but not as confidence as I was last week. Roland really likes to fuck things up.
  • No chance. It was always going to be 1 in and 1 out. Bowyer was hoping a striker on loan to replace Clarke, now it will be a striker on loan to replace Grant and Clarke will stay.

Slightly less balanced then we hope but enough personnel just. The new striker will need to hit the ground running. Still an outside chance of going up but not as confidence as I was last week. Roland really likes to fuck things up.

But its not is it.
    If we only bring 1 in its 2 out and 1 in
    Ajose and Grant
  • Swisdom said:

No chance. It was always going to be 1 in and 1 out. Bowyer was hoping a striker on loan to replace Clarke, now it will be a striker on loan to replace Grant and Clarke will stay.

But its not is it.
    Ajose and Grant

I never counted Ajose as a player. I thought he was just some cocky bloke that won a competition.
    best description of Ajose EVER!
  • Grant and Ajose out

Vetokele, Clarke and a loan in
  • Valley11 said:
    I can't remember the last time we had a late evening signing. It either happens during the day or just fizzles out...
  • edited January 2019

No chance. It was always going to be 1 in and 1 out. Bowyer was hoping a striker on loan to replace Clarke, now it will be a striker on loan to replace Grant and Clarke will stay.

But its not is it.
    Ajose and Grant
    No doubt we are still paying part of Ajose's wages.
    Grant was on a relative low wage here.

It's about budget. Combine the savings from 2 players departed from the squad = budget for 1 new signing.
  • Our late signing will be just after the window closes.
  • Anyone keeping an eye on what Bernie is cooking Chris for tea tonight?

So as to be flexible, I've heard she'll be putting on a cold buffet for him mainly consisting of her favourite seafood and puff pastry delicacy.
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

Grant and Ajose out

whelmed, not

But its not is it.
    Ajose and Grant
    In - Maxwell, Purrington, Williams and New striker today
    Out - Steer, Ward, Grant and Ajose
  • sam3110 said:

Grant and Ajose out

RD also counting Kennedy 😂😂

But its not is it.
    Ajose and Grant
    Out - Steer, Ward, Grant and Ajose plus Clarke
  • Scoham said:
    Which would free up his wages from our budget?

Perhaps there's a permanent coming in, after all?

• Oggy Red said:

Valley11 said:
    It's Joe Dodoo again, isn't it?

There won't be anyone else left available at five to eleven tonight.

Actually he didn't play too badly up at Blackpool Oggy, vast improvement, apart from his debut at Oldham.
  • _MrDick said:

Come on @DOUCHER throw us a bone ...

JaShea99 said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Not caught up in thread but can confirm grant is going - it’s done - 2 new signings being worked on - should know more tomorrow pm

Nothing new there, we have already garnished this from various reports.
    Quite a few ifs on this page, I’ve just confirmed
    Serious question - is DOUCHER for real or is it a parody?
    both
  • Oggy Red said:

Scoham said:
    Which would free up his wages from our budget?

Perhaps there's a permanent coming in, after all?

3 or 4 years ago I might have thought the same in this situation...
  • RedChaser said:

Oggy Red said:

Valley11 said:
    It's Joe Dodoo again, isn't it?

There won't be anyone else left available at five to eleven tonight.

Actually he didn't play too badly up at Blackpool Oggy, vast improvement, apart from his debut at Oldham.
    I was trying to do irony. I'm not very good at irony, am I ? :neutral:

• Sponsored links:

But its not is it.
    Ajose and Grant
    Personally don't think Clarke will leave.
  • Doucher, where are you?

The baying crowd need to be thrown a bone.

But its not is it.
    Ajose and Grant
    Tweet now deleted

But its not is it.
    Ajose and Grant
    You know that or just "think" .....?
  • it should never have got this late. Should have had a player in the building before they let Grant leave.

We all no how its going to pan out............at best it will be a Premiership U21 loanee whose never played a league game before. Which is not that far short of where we are atm. Currently we have no fully fit striker that has actually scored a league goal.

beyond a joke.

Totally agree, but this quote could have been used in just about every January transfer window since the transfer system changed,
  • Oggy Red said:

But its not is it.
    Ajose and Grant
    You know that or just "think" .....?
    Just my belief. We replaced Steer and Ward, and needed a left-back. Bowyer decided Clarke was the one who could make way from the squad for Purrington. That would have created a balanced squad. We would then have to been able to replace Ajose.

Grant leaving gives us the problem then we now need 2 strikers in, but because we can only sign 1 on loan I do believe Clarke will fill the gap in the squad.
  • Clarke is an odd one.

Fit and sometimes on the bench but not getting on. Yet ideal to play at the tip of the diamond.

Will be on relatively high wages.

He will also want to secure his own future with a perm move up north closer to his family if possible.

But who wants him?

Scunthorpe was the whisper but can they afford him?
  • it should never have got this late. Should have had a player in the building before they let Grant leave.

We all no how its going to pan out............at best it will be a Premiership U21 loanee whose never played a league game before. Which is not that far short of where we are atm. Currently we have no fully fit striker that has actually scored a league goal.

beyond a joke.

Totally agree, but this quote could have been used in just about every January transfer window since the transfer system changed,
    To be fair, the same applies to half the clubs in the country! Unless you are a top club and can afford to splash the cash early to get your target, there's a lot of brinkmanship going on everywhere, or clubs waits for another club to bring someone in before letting your target go etc

And to be fair our other 3 signings did all come in early
  • One or two of Jason Euell's‎ development squad may go out on loan before the deadline, and it would be no surprise if Billy Clarke secured a move back to a northern club.

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/972122990?-11197:833