Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• I think Bristol C are waiting to get in Assombalonga or someone else, before allowing Eisa to go on loan to us.
  • Oggy Red said:

Doucher, where are you?

The baying crowd need to be thrown a bone.

had no further updates - will report in when I do
  • I think Bristol C are waiting to get in Assombalonga or someone else, before allowing Eisa to go on loan to us.

It seems likely we’re waiting on other parts of the chain to be done so we can make our signing. We’ve had plenty of time to get our deal done so are surely just now waiting on others to put the final signatures on everything.
  • Oggy Red said:

"Manager Karl Robinson believes that new signing Joe Dodoo will excite our supporters."

Just a reminder to you all how lucky we are to have Lee Bowyer.

Well I certainly saw and heard a few fans getting quite animated with Dodoo, although I’m not sure it’s what Karl had in mind.
  • Oggy Red said:

"Manager Karl Robinson believes that new signing Joe Dodoo will excite our supporters."

We were excited after he scored on his debut. And again when he finished his loan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:

Why is it that other clubs won't let a player go until the replacement has signed, but we just wave Karlan off then start looking around hopefully?

Because other clubs aren’t owned by Roland who merely wants to squeeze every penny from our club before leaving us worse off than when he arrived
  • Uboat said:

Why is it that other clubs won't let a player go until the replacement has signed, but we just wave Karlan off then start looking around hopefully?

Like Sunderland and Maja?
  • Looking like no Mo......

• Uboat said:

Spotted - Igor getting changed ready to resume training.

Looking trimmer than usual, all that extra running Bowyer has him doing is obviously working.
  • edited January 2019

Uboat said:

Exactly.

I keep saying this, yes Roland is useless and we all want him gone, but you cant blame him for every little detail.

Whoever our owner was would have sold Grant and more than likely before a replacement was brought it as the offer was there, they cant wait incase he got injured or Huddersfield found another target.

People who wait for replacements are usually loans not permanent deals.

• Only another 9 hours to go - keep pressing that F5 button.

• Ricky Holmes' loan at Oxford cancelled because of injury.
  • Champs85 said:

He’s got 81 pace on fifa as well

Thomas Driesen style scouting that! Enough for me though
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:

Ricky Holmes' loan at Oxford cancelled because of injury.

...and let's leave that one there everyone.
  • I always think of Clarke as an attacking Midfielder. certainly wouldn't count him as a striker.

which leaves Taylor and Vetokele as our only senior strikers. and one of them is on the blink.
  • Oggy Red said:

Only took Karl less than a month to start digging Dodoo out in public
  • Macronate said:

Thanks for the list of striker targets.
  • Uboat said:

Exactly.

I keep saying this, yes Roland is useless and we all want him gone, but you cant blame him for every little detail.

Whoever our owner was would have sold Grant and more than likely before a replacement was brought it as the offer was there, they cant wait incase he got injured or Huddersfield found another target.

People who wait for replacements are usually loans not permanent deals.
    I can blame Roland for not having a proper CEO in position and allowing about 8 players contracts to be running out this summer.
    Had Grants contract not been about to expire we could of either kept him or sold him for more money
    I agree and have said before he should have been offered the contract in the summer,

What I am saying is you cant blame Roland for selling amd taking the money now and not letring him go for a minimal fee in the summer and you cant blame him for selling before a replacement was bought in as stated above Sunderland did the same with Maja
  • I see Mike Ashley, despite wanting to sell Newcastle, has sanctioned a club record signing. Over to you Roland...
  • I see Mike Ashley, despite wanting to sell Newcastle, has sanctioned a club record signing. Over to you Roland...

Well, of course ....... Newcastle are worth more as a Prem club, then they would be if relegated to the Champ.

Protecting the value of your investment. No brainer.

Same if you're funding a club promotion bid. See how it works, Roland?