Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Options
    Forest have a few forwards, Appiah is an 18 year old who has just signed another 4.5 year contract extension.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I get the similarity with the Joe Dodoo link. I do think that Leko has more ‘potential’ than Joey doodo though. Certainly has been highly rated as a prospect.

I know thats not what we need though.
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

I get the similarity with the Joe Dodoo link. I do think that Leko has more ‘potential’ than Joey doodo though. Certainly has been highly rated as a prospect.

We currently need somebody ready to come in and lead from the front, a relatively inexperienced youngster is not the answer. Although he might be amazing.
  • Options
    Before anyone starts waxing lyrical about our wonderful deadline day signing from the Baggies reserve team... do you all realise how draughty it is bent over here with my kecks round my ankles, waiting for uncle Roland to arse rape us again?
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Dizzle said:

We currently need somebody ready to come in and lead from the front, a relatively inexperienced youngster is not the answer. Although he might be amazing.
    Daryl Murphy hasn’t played all season for Forest, or is that a bit too experienced?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

cfgs said:

Dizzle said:

Daryl Murphy hasn’t played all season for Forest, or is that a bit too experienced?
    Someone like him would be ideal, but we'd still need a replacement for Grant, so that would mean a loan and a short term permanent.
  • Options
    George Miller has left Middlesbrough and signed for Barnsley for £200,000.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I fancy anyone we bring in to get goals alongside Taylor.
  • Options

Gills have just got a striker in on loan for rest of season..... eaves to us on loan with option to buy at end of season would be my shout

He is out of contract in the summer so no option to buy. Gills are either selling him or he’s staying with them.
  • Options
    Goals win games and with no cover for Taylor we went into a winnable match at Peterborough with only Grant up front and 5 in midfield and never looked like scoring.

We needed strengthening up front before the window and have now sold our top league scorer it's a typical shit cash in on selling the best silver January as usual under the rat.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

cfgs said:

Dizzle said:

Soz my old brain doesn't get the Murphy mention?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

D

CAFCDAZ said:

@DOUCHER has been quiet today.......

Just trying to catch up - still could be 2 in I’m told - as of half hour ago
    It’s happening!

It’s happening!!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

D

CAFCDAZ said:

It’s happening!

It’s happening!!
    What snowing?
  • Options

Uboat said:

Why is it that other clubs won't let a player go until the replacement has signed, but we just wave Karlan off then start looking around hopefully?

Like Sunderland and Maja?
    Exactly.

I keep saying this, yes Roland is useless and we all want him gone, but you cant blame him for every little detail.

Whoever our owner was would have sold Grant and more than likely before a replacement was brought it as the offer was there, they cant wait incase he got injured or Huddersfield found another target.

People who wait for replacements are usually loans not permanent deals.
    I keep saying this, yes we can blame Roland for allowing Grant to have months left on his contract.

A better owner would have ensured he was on a longer contract - along with many other players we will possibly lose for free in the summer - and therefore had Huddersfield still come for Grant we would have been paid a better fee too.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

D

CAFCDAZ said:

I do so hope you are right. First bit of positivity all day. Thank you.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

D

CAFCDAZ said:

@DOUCHER i hope your source isnt selling you a dead donkey mate, i really hope your right. Be over the moon if it's true even if it was doodoo and doodooodooo be better than fuck all
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cfgs said:

Dizzle said:

That’s why I added a disclaimer at the end of my post. I know that an inexperienced youngster with potential is not what we need. I just wanted to state that this guy is rated a lot higher than Doodoo
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

Oggy Red said:

I have got a lot of respect for Bowyer and I like him as a manager on Chris Powell levels. But if our replacement for Grant is an inexperienced loan signing from West Brom and Lee tries to sugar coat it I'll be fucking fuming.

I have to stop falling for this shit, lapped up the takeover gossip let down, took on board what Cawley said about a permanent and a loan and it's looking like we will be let down again.

Shit show, best chance of us going up in 3 seasons and we are not taking it

Leko is only someone's wild guesswork.

Doesn't mean it's true.

This guys?
    Account less than 500 followers, says he works for two sports websites that don't exist, never links to any stories on websites that he claims to write for (because they don't exist). Think you've been had chaps. Fake news.

(I'll look a bellend now if we are signing him and this guy got lucky)
    Not quite all of us.
  • Options
    Keep calm everybody. Still time yet. Leaving it late, but Bowyer and Gallen's patience paid off in the summer with the quality of signing we were eventually able to make. The season hangs in the balance, perhaps, but it won't tip one way or the other until 11 pm GMT, at the earliest, and even then we won't really know what the effect on our season will be until we see Taylor and his new partner play a few games together.

I'd rather we sign no one and place faith in Igor and Reeco, than get any old striker in just to be able say we signed somebody... anybody.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

You heard anything @LouisMend?

Charlton, not Palace.

Zaha suspended.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Account less than 500 followers, says he works for two sports websites that don't exist, never links to any stories on websites that he claims to write for (because they don't exist). Think you've been had chaps. Fake news.

(I'll look a bellend now if we are signing him and this guy got lucky)

Can I just say I wasn’t the first person to mention this Leko character.
  • Options
    One has to be that Elsa... there has been so substantial link anywhere for him and not signed for anyone..