Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

I have got a lot of respect for Bowyer and I like him as a manager on Chris Powell levels. But if our replacement for Grant is an inexperienced loan signing from West Brom and Lee tries to sugar coat it I'll be fucking fuming.

I have to stop falling for this shit, lapped up the takeover gossip let down, took on board what Cawley said about a permanent and a loan and it's looking like we will be let down again.

Shit show, best chance of us going up in 3 seasons and we are not taking it

Leko is only someone's wild guesswork.

Doesn't mean it's true.

This guys?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Wish we went for tyrese Campbell at stoke..very pacy and knows where the goal is, only been playing youth level though.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

I have got a lot of respect for Bowyer and I like him as a manager on Chris Powell levels. But if our replacement for Grant is an inexperienced loan signing from West Brom and Lee tries to sugar coat it I'll be fucking fuming.

I have to stop falling for this shit, lapped up the takeover gossip let down, took on board what Cawley said about a permanent and a loan and it's looking like we will be let down again.

Doesn't mean it's true.

This guys?
    He’s a well connected midlands journo
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Uboat said:

Why is it that other clubs won't let a player go until the replacement has signed, but we just wave Karlan off then start looking around hopefully?

Like Sunderland and Maja?
    Exactly.

I keep saying this, yes Roland is useless and we all want him gone, but you cant blame him for every little detail.

Whoever our owner was would have sold Grant and more than likely before a replacement was brought it as the offer was there, they cant wait incase he got injured or Huddersfield found another target.

People who wait for replacements are usually loans not permanent deals.
    I can blame Roland for not having a proper CEO in position and allowing about 8 players contracts to be running out this summer.
    Had Grants contract not been about to expire we could of either kept him or sold him for more money
    Thirteen first-team players, plus four loans.

Young players

Joe Aribo, Good player, valuable asset, should've been tied down.
    Tariqe Fosu Good player, valuable asset, should've been tied down.
    Reeco Hackett-Fairchild Young player, unproven
    George Lapslie Young player, unproven before this season
    Dillion Phillips (24 in June) Young player, unproven before this season

Senior players

Nicky Ajose Not wanted at club
    Patrick Bauer Refused to sign new deal agitating for move that never happened. Doubtful he'll resign unless we get promoted.
    Billy Clarke Badly injured, possibly not rated by Bowyer, higher earner.
    Jake Foster-Caskey Badly injured, although very likley wanted and probably should've been tied down before his injury.
    Mark Marshall Getting on, struggled to make an impact, higher earner, always likely to released.
    Ben Reeves Struggled to make an impact, higher earner, jury was out at start of season.
    Igor Vetokele Always injured, big wages, always likely to released.

New short-term deal

Jonny Williams Only signed in January.

To be fair, only a handful of those should clearly have been on new deals before the start of the season, for a number of them it is as much in the club's favour to potentially be able to release them at no cost in the summer. Tying players down on long contracts is great when everything goes according to plan, but as we've seen many times since getting relegated from the PL, you can quickly get lumbered with a lot of deadwood you can't shift off the wage bill, which in turn can seriously hamper efforst to bring new player in.
    Fair comment but then we have the loans and the contracted player who would be released if he could be because of wages - Sarr - and one who probably only got a two-year deal to suppress his wages - Pratley.

Duchatelet is unlikely to spend any money on fees whatsoever, so we are left with what, exactly, beyond Solly, Dijksteel, Page, Pearce and Taylor?
    Well Sarr is a classic example of the perils of giving out long term contracts for unproven players. To be fair, at least he is now making a positive contribution, although it has been a long time coming and has not yet paid back the financial burden his contract has put on the club (not blaming him in any of this, btw). KM got burnt by the Poyet situation, which to be fair she inherited from the Spivs, and then her knee-jerk reaction was to give out excessively long deals which was swinging the pendulum too far the other way. However, now we're back to the situation we had with Poyet, only it's Grant and, particularly, Aribo now. Like so much with this regime, even when they are actually trying to do the right thing they just can't find that sweet spot.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Doesn't mean it's true.

This guys?
    So it is true!

I'm so excited! :smile:

The sports journo alsoposted a bit laterr:
    #WBA sterling loan agreed. Player travelling for medical

Prepare to be underwhelmed.

In Bowyer we, erm .... trust.
  • Options
    JFH and Marcus Bent spotted in the Valley cafe.
  • Options

Along with Astrit?
  • Options
    How are our two Special Agent's getting on at Sparrows Lane and The Valley?

Any sign of Scarfy?

• Options
    Has Delort been mentioned yet?
  • Options
    Dear Lord

**Blows raspberry and logs off**
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd happily take Leko and another loan striker and let Clarke go.

Yes we would have 6 loans but with injuries etc wouldn't be the end of the world.
  • Options
    A bit of a veiled message.

What does that Journo know that we don't?
  • Options

Pretty sure Jimmy spent most of his time there before kick-off.
  • Options

Dear Lord

**Blows raspberry and logs off**

No, it's Delort! There's a 't' on the end. I know he's foreign but it's not that hard!
  • Options
    Scoham said:

“Grant’s not that good”

“Grant can easily be replaced”

“Taylor put all of Grant’s goals on a plate for him”

“Taylor made Grant look good”

We’re now left hoping Wilberforce Ocran’s performances will be as impressive as his name.

It's not like you to despair so quickly, Scoham. :smile:

• Options
    Scoham said:

“Grant’s not that good”

We’re now left hoping Wilberforce Ocran’s performances will be as impressive as his name.

Give us a w
    Give us an i
  • Options
    Roland you c#nt
  • Options
    They are on the button with that tweet.

I started the day hoping for a permanent and a loan of players with experience, quality and good scoring records. Now just happy with anyone that gives just a glimmer of hope that the season has not just ended.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's their standard pre announcement-announcement!!!

Go on then...
  • Options
    Have we got our new striker to replace Grant yet?

Tick Tock
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

A bit of a veiled message.

What does that Journo know that we don't?
    Fuck all
  • Options
    Where has the Grant fee gone?.
  • Options

Where has the Grant fee gone?.

Roland's trouser pocket,
  • Options

Scoham said:

“Grant’s not that good”

Give us a w
    Give us an i
    Quitter!
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Yes we would have 6 loans but with injuries etc wouldn't be the end of the world.

You're easily pleased I won't be happy until the old scroate has sold the club and we have owners who are serious about running a successful football club
  • Options

You're easily pleased I won't be happy until the old scroate has sold the club and we have owners who are serious about running a successful football club
    Well obviously not but that's a seperate issue to getting a squad capable of getting promoted right now.
  • Options
    @DOUCHER has been quiet today.......