Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Options

I'd happily take Leko and another loan striker and let Clarke go.

Yes we would have 6 loans but with injuries etc wouldn't be the end of the world.

You're easily pleased I won't be happy until the old scroate has sold the club and we have owners who are serious about running a successful football club
    Well obviously not but that's a seperate issue to getting a squad capable of getting promoted right now.
    Went into this window needing to strengthen particularly up front as we had no cover and apart from getting an LB we are now looking weaker - playoffs our only chance now
  • Options
    I still believe Bowyer/Gallen want Eisa. Perhaps Leko is a back up in case Bristol City don't get a replacement for Eisa and don't let him leave.
  • Options

Valley11 said:

Oggy Red said:

I have got a lot of respect for Bowyer and I like him as a manager on Chris Powell levels. But if our replacement for Grant is an inexperienced loan signing from West Brom and Lee tries to sugar coat it I'll be fucking fuming.

I have to stop falling for this shit, lapped up the takeover gossip let down, took on board what Cawley said about a permanent and a loan and it's looking like we will be let down again.

Shit show, best chance of us going up in 3 seasons and we are not taking it

Leko is only someone's wild guesswork.

Doesn't mean it's true.

This guys?
    He’s a well connected midlands journo
    So it's a genuine rumour then, wow, fantastic.

Not one to write a player off before playing a game but to replace one of the league's top scorers for a fringe championship player who hasn't scored is a disgrace
    Yup. It’s Joe Dodoo all over again
  • Options

Yes we would have 6 loans but with injuries etc wouldn't be the end of the world.

You're easily pleased I won't be happy until the old scroate has sold the club and we have owners who are serious about running a successful football club
    Well obviously not but that's a seperate issue to getting a squad capable of getting promoted right now.
    Went into this window needing to strengthen particularly up front as we had no cover and apart from getting an LB we are now looking weaker - playoffs our only chance now
    Strikeforce wasn't the priority before the window IMO. Left-back was way more important. It's important now obviously because of Grant/Ajose leaving.

If we bring in Eisa then we aren't any weaker then before the window IMO and would still stand a chance of going up.
  • Options
    Doesn’t look good
  • Options
    Jacob Murphy is having a medical at West Brom so if he signs i'd imagine we'll get Leko in.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Leko does sound like this season Dodoo.

Time to sit in a dark room and headbutt the wall.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    5hours to go.
  • Options
    Leko
    Leko
    Oh...Leko
  • Options

Strikeforce wasn't the priority before the window IMO. Left-back was way more important. It's important now obviously because of Grant/Ajose leaving.

If we bring in Eisa then we aren't any weaker then before the window IMO and would still stand a chance of going up.
    Big assumption there that Eisa will get the goals that Grant did.

If he even signs.

WIOTOS
    Except that's not what I said is it. I said I don't think we would be weaker then before the window. We have balanced our defence and Williams is a better player then Ward who we hadn't seen for some time anyway.
  • Options
    all the teams around us are bringing in 3/4 players and we have let one go - typical Charlton transfer window
  • Options
    Be fucked off if its Leko. Still think we will sign someone completely left field that hasnt even been mentioned but will be quite good. Bowyer and Gallen have previous on that front
  • Options
    Here you go, the dreaded You Tube video. He looks like an out and out winger. Pacey. Not a striker.
    Leko: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3T4-zlRMqus
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    IF Leko is it, it definitely smacks of the cheapest option available. I would rather play Fosu or one of our own players.
  • Options
    Gills have just got a striker in on loan for rest of season..... eaves to us on loan with option to buy at end of season would be my shout
  • Options

If he even signs.

WIOTOS
    Except that's not what I said is it. I said I don't think we would be weaker then before the window. We have balanced our defence and Williams is a better player then Ward who we hadn't seen for some time anyway.
    Well, you did.

If we are to be not weaker then Eisa will have to be at least as good as Grant, our top scorer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gallen said it would be a late one. They’ve got just under 5 hours to go...
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Here you go, the dreaded You Tube video. He looks like an out and out winger. Pacey. Not a striker.

Already posted.

But I remember the Ajose video.
  • Options
    At least we gave ourselves enough time before the deadline for Grant to complete his transfer. No last minute "buy whilst stocks last" purchase there. Unlike who we may or may not bring in.
  • Options
    #team123
  • Options

If he even signs.

WIOTOS
    Well, you did.

If we are to be not weaker then Eisa will have to be at least as good as Grant, our top scorer.
    Well, I didn't because strikers aren't the only position in the team. Being weaker upfront doesn't mean the whole squad is weaker.
  • Options
    We’ve just got to hope that Jim White takes his place in the chair on SSN soon, surely he’ll be the first to know about any Charlton incomings.
  • Options
    No point buying a winger for a 4-4-2 diamond formation
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    That can't be him he is actually moving around the pitch and not sulking.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Yeah, the couple times I've seen him he has looked decent, but he's definitely a winger or wide forward, not a center forward.

It might be that with our talented midfielders getting fit, Bowyer is planning to play more 4-3-2-1/4-3-3 second half of the season. Think Taylor would work well in that role, or Williams as a false 9. I'm wondering if that's the thinking here.

The fact of the matter is we're unlikely to replace Grant in a like-for-like. So then it becomes about getting in the best players and retooling your system accordingly.