Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Options
    Richard J said:

Looked at possible experienced left backs who might be available

Declan John (Swansea). Moved there in the summer from Rangers. Welsh International. Was preferred to Morgan Fox and Rhoys Wiggins.

Conor Townsend (West Brom). Vastly experienced. Only played four times since his moved from Scunthorpe. Has failed to dislodge Keiran Gibbs.

Josh Tymon (Stoke). Not played as many games as the other two. Was at MKD on loan last season. England U20 International.

All three of those would be good options!!

Think Conor Townsend would be the best seeing he's got good knowledge of competing at the right end of this Division
  • Options
    I'd rather get someone in midfield. Page will be back soon & before then we have Stephenson & Sarr as cover. What we are lacking is a creative midfielder (we have too plenty of defensive ones)

And a decent striker to come off the bench.....Recco, Ajose & Weirdo aren't good enough.
  • Options

I'd rather get someone in midfield. Page will be back soon & before then we have Stephenson & Sarr as cover. What we are lacking is a creative midfielder (we have too plenty of defensive ones)

And a decent striker to come off the bench.....Recco, Ajose & Weirdo aren't good enough.

Sarr is a centre back covering at left back. Stephenson probably isn't ready to play regularly at left back.

My money's on a left back being the first signing made in January.
  • Options
    A left back is definitely coming in on loan.

A lot depends on Ward, if we resign him or not. If we don’t, we will bring in another midfielder, probably of similar ilk. We were after Alan Judge and he hasn’t played much, but that may depend on if Brentford bring anyone in.

As usual, it will be dependent on other teams doing business. But a left back will come in.
  • Options

Sarr is a centre back covering at left back. Stephenson probably isn't ready to play regularly at left back.

My money's on a left back being the first signing made in January.
    It would be pretty disappointing if one wasn't lined up to come in during the first week of Jan. Bowyer has been talking about the need for an LB since Oct. They must know who they want by now. Page is quality but his injury proneness has been known for over a year now....so plenty of time to line up support.
  • Options

Any striker we sign will surely be on loan, but who is going to come to us...........to sit on our bench? Their parent club would probably want a guarantee that he'd start games.

And in any case, RD isn't going to sanction a striker signing when we're paying god knows how much a week for Ajose and Igor.
  • Options

Any striker we sign will surely be on loan, but who is going to come to us...........to sit on our bench? Their parent club would probably want a guarantee that he'd start games.

And in any case, RD isn't going to sanction a striker signing when we're paying god knows how much a week for Ajose and Igor.
    We'd need to offload Ajose first but absolutely should be looking to do that to in order to bring in a third forward who can get us promoted. If Taylor gets injured long term our season is over. We need to remember that Karlan has never done full L1 season.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    🚨 Random Twitter rumour alert 🚨

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:

Hope cullen injury will not involve him in any deal. Its one of the risks tho of taking players on loan in august, when they impress then they can be sold in jan
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Fake news I expect.......bloke's obviously not aware that Cullen is currently injured or are Blackburn willing to take a crock in exchange ??
  • Options
    We will end up signing Noone & it won't be a Craig...:(
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Sage said:

A lot depends on Ward, if we resign him or not. If we don’t, we will bring in another midfielder, probably of similar ilk. We were after Alan Judge and he hasn’t played much, but that may depend on if Brentford bring anyone in.

As usual, it will be dependent on other teams doing business. But a left back will come in.

I would take Alan Judge over Ward any day. More creative, more clever.
    Yeah that'd be a real coup.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Davo55 said:

Sage said:

I would take Alan Judge over Ward any day. More creative, more clever.
    Yeah that'd be a real coup.
    Or co op
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Has Cullen not already played for us and west ham meaning he can’t plsy for a third team in a season?
  • Options

Has Cullen not already played for us and west ham meaning he can’t plsy for a third team in a season?

Only an unused sub for them.
  • Options
    @Redhenry who was the LB you alluded to on the match thread then?
  • Options
    Greg Leigh could be the left back being linked this morning
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    FAVADDICK said:

Linked where?

Leigh was a decent attacking left back in league 1
  • Options

FAVADDICK said:

Linked where?

Now at NAC Breda so might fit with our MO.

• Options
    Redhenry said:

@Redhenry who was the LB you alluded to on the match thread then?

Just trying to make the point that we are trying hard to get a left back in. I am aware of one LB very keen to come but I don't think Charlton are. Sounds like we have somebody else lined up.
    RD up to his old tricks again
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Played 90 plus games in two seasons at Bury in two seasons prior so that’s positive.

Seems he struggled to make an impact in Holland until the most recent game where he got two assists. Looks like a very attack minded player.

https://youtu.be/11Bs0XBPSj4
  • Options
    I think Leigh would be a decent signing, plenty of League one experience.
  • Options

FAVADDICK said:

Linked where?

Now at NAC Breda so might fit with our MO.

That will only be the case if he is injury prone.