Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Options
    Probably waiting for Aribo cash. Aribo won’t be on massive wages yet so it’s not going to free up much cash I guess.
    Hopefully I’m completely wrong.
  • Options
    An attack minded LB means we could play 3 at the back properly, as we have 4 CBs plus Dijksteel (and Pratley) who can play there
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:

Probably waiting for Aribo cash. Aribo won’t be on massive wages yet so it’s not going to free up much cash I guess.
    Hopefully I’m completely wrong.

Still waiting for the Lookman cash
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Sounds like Leigh is the one mentioned by RedHenry where he's keen to join Charlton yet we're looking elsewhere first
  • Options
    What about Oshilaja at Wimbledon? - Didnt we put in an "offer" for him on deadline day?
  • Options

My guess is Beckles from Shrewsbury - played very well against us on multiple occasions last year.

I mean that would be great but he would almost certainly cost a decent fee. He's highly rated there it seems and he's been a regular in the side until he picked up a niggle a couple weeks ago. Can't see that happening, don't know why Shrews would want to sell unless there's something I'm not aware of.
  • Options
    We need to get our business done very early. Squad is so depleted we need bodies in just to compete. I hope the club has identified and done the groundwork on the players we want. If we are waiting until the end of the window our playoff place could be in jeopardy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2018
    I don't think a fee involved
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

My guess is Beckles from Shrewsbury - played very well against us on multiple occasions last year.

I mean that would be great but he would almost certainly cost a decent fee. He's highly rated there it seems and he's been a regular in the side until he picked up a niggle a couple weeks ago. Can't see that happening, don't know why Shrews would want to sell unless there's something I'm not aware of.
    We've not payed money for a new signing in 18 months since Clarke and Fosu joined in June 2017.

I don't see any money changing hands from our end.
  • Options
    Beckles looked very useful against us every time we played Shrews. Be a great signing if not injured or dying.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Redhenry said:

Some clubs are trying to get their wage bill down. I think we are looking at players in the last year of their contract who clubs will let go now.

That works both ways. We have 13 of those
    I did wonder about that.

An example could be Billy Clarke. His family home is in the north and he now has six months left on his contract.

Alan Judge has six months left at Brentford. He was the main target in the summer.
  • Options
    Billy Clarke is not yet ready to play. Would t surprise me if it took him a good month to get back to full fitness
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Redhenry said:

Some clubs are trying to get their wage bill down. I think we are looking at players in the last year of their contract who clubs will let go now.

And no doubt we are looking only at players who will fit specifically into Bowyer's system and ways of playing.

• Options
    Rumour has it that we're after Burke from the Baggies. Haven't seen anything of him since his unsuccessful move from Forest to Germany.

Can't see it happening myself.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Rumour has it that we're after Burke from the Baggies. Haven't seen anything of him since his unsuccessful move from Forest to Germany.

21 years old bought for £15m a year or two ago. I’d be astonished

Yeah, I'm taking it with a pinch of salt to be honest.

That said, if they want him to get game time but not at a promotion rival then, well, you never know.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

@Redhenry who was the LB you alluded to on the match thread then?

Just trying to make the point that we are trying hard to get a left back in. I am aware of one LB very keen to come but I don't think Charlton are. Sounds like we have somebody else lined up.
    Not Powelly is it?
  • Options
    not a rumour, a 'must get'... A1 priority is an experienced keeper
  • Options

Swisdom said:

21 years old bought for £15m a year or two ago. I’d be astonished

Yeah, I'm taking it with a pinch of salt to be honest.

That said, if they want him to get game time but not at a promotion rival then, well, you never know.
    He looked very promising at Forest. If I remember correctly he really struggled to settle culturally and tactically at Leipzig. And then just seemed to knock all the confidence out of him from what I can tell.

It's one of those, from the little I know about the situation, might make sense where he can go somewhere and play regularly. He hasn't really had a whole lot of that. So perhaps somewhere where he's not in the spotlight and has the quality to get in the team regularly might be good for him.
  • Options

not a rumour, a 'must get'... A1 priority is an experienced keeper

Trust you to mention the road which takes you home :smile:
  • Options

Get down to the Gills and sign Holy and Eaves who are both out of contract in the summer and have said they will not sign new contracts.
    Bloody good investment RD you tosser. Speculate to accumulate . Lol

Holy is not what we need. Just a big dollop
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Get down to the Gills and sign Holy and Eaves who are both out of contract in the summer and have said they will not sign new contracts.
    Bloody good investment RD you tosser. Speculate to accumulate . Lol

Holy is not what we need. Just a big dollop
    I've seen him half a dozen times and he was excellent. The only bad mistake I've seen him make was the poor kick which resulted in us scoring at the Valley this season.