Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Options
    Or was it Roland who rejected it?

Maybe it was the new owners... lol
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

Absolutely no way has anybody bid 2 million for any of our players.

...and how do you know that?
    3 reasons:
    1 - None of our players are worth 2 million
    2 - Roland wouldn't have rejected 2 million
    3 - The only prat out there who would bid 2 million for one of our players (as their not worth that) is Katrien, and Roland wouldn't have rejected her offer.
    Do you really believe that Taylor is not worth £2m?
    Nobody will be paying 2 million for Taylor.
  • Options
    To a premier league club £2m is absolutely nothing. Aribo would be well worth a punt.

Hope he stays
  • Options
    Thanks @DOUCHER here we are hoping you are right because no sales and 3 decent in would be amazing work by Gallen and Bowyer and also from Duchâtelet tbf.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Young, English striker in scoring charts with England Youth pedigree. If it was not for the 6months left on his contract I could see someone taking a punt on Grant at between 2-3M.

Ollie Watkins left L2 Exeter for £1.8M to Brentford a couple of years back
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

3 reasons:
    3 - The only prat out there who would bid 2 million for one of our players (as their not worth that) is Katrien, and Roland wouldn't have rejected her offer.
    I agree because I don’t think we will sell. But they would given half a chance.
    Wigan, Millwall and Brentford (in particular) etc. Going down cost more.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

To a premier league club £2m is absolutely nothing. Aribo would be well worth a punt.

Hope he stays

He is also out of contract in a few months. Roland would accept 1-1.5 mil maybe less.

I don't think Aribo would get a Prem move Personally, quite a few Champ would be interested though.
  • Options

Young, English striker in scoring charts with England Youth pedigree. If it was not for the 6months left on his contract I could see someone taking a punt on Grant at between 2-3M.

Ollie Watkins left L2 Exeter for £1.8M to Brentford a couple of years back

I agree. Being a striker I do believe we could fetch at least that for Grant but not with 6 months on his contract.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

3 reasons:
    I agree because I don’t think we will sell. But they would given half a chance.
    Wigan, Millwall and Brentford (in particular) etc. Going down cost more.
    Don't think relegation costs much more then 2 million. The Scum don't have that anyway, isn't Bradshaw going to cost around 1 million this month when his loan becomes permanent. And that's their record buy!

Matter of opinion but don't think anyone would bid 2 million for Taylor just yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2019
    As a player Williams would be excellent . He has only ever previously played in the top two Divisions . At this level he could be a quality signing .

There are unconfirmed rumours that he was at the Valley today .

My only concern is the Palace link . Kaikai was a flop and a Nigel loanee almost needs to be twice as good as others to be accepted

My concern is didn't Williams turn a previous loan here down and go to Ipswich because he didn't want to feature for one of Palace's main rivals .?

What is it about the modern game ? We have had Palace legends here who did a good job for us . Mark Bright played in the epic Play Off Final against Sunderland and even laid on the first goal for Mendonca . John Salako even scored for us against them and was part of a promotion squad . Even Alan Pardew ( the player not the manager ) did well for us .

Personally if fit I would take the chance .
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Richard J said:

As a player Williams would be excellent . He has only ever previously played in the top two Divisions . At this level he could be a quality signing .

There are unconfirmed rumours that he was at the Valley today .

My only concern is the Palace link . Kaikai was a flop and a Nigel loanee almost needs to be twice as good as others to be accepted

My concern is didn't Williams turn a previous loan here down and go to Ipswich because he didn't want to feature for one of Palace's main rivals .?

What is it about the modern game ? We have had Palace legends here who did a good job for us . Mark Bright played in the epic Play Off Final against Sunderland and even laid on the first goal for Mendonca . John Salako even scored for us against them and was part of a promotion squad . Even Alan Pardew ( the player not the manager ) did well for us .

Personally if fit I would take the chance .

We all know who the best player we had on loan from them to us. And he's none of the above
  • Options

Redrobo said:

3 reasons:
    None of our players are worth 2 million, Grant and Aribo are worth more given form, age and potential for growth.
    Taylor would be worth about that too given his form and talent, a goalscorer that can hold the ball up like him and play attritional football is a rare commodity
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Redrobo said:

3 reasons:
    None of our players are worth 2 million, Grant and Aribo are worth more given form, age and potential for growth.
    Taylor would be worth about that too given his form and talent, a goalscorer that can hold the ball up like him and play attritional football is a rare commodity
    Grant and Aribo are out of contract in a few months time, nobody will bid 2million for them unless they are complete idiots.
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Redrobo said:

3 reasons:
    Grant and Aribo are out of contract in a few months time, nobody will bid 2million for them unless they are complete idiots.
    Grant and Aribo have had a good 6 months. Both would be stupid to leave a club that both respects and plays them. They would not be the first.

One can only hope that the potential sale puts a hold on all sales.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

sam3110 said:

Redrobo said:

3 reasons:
    Grant and Aribo have had a good 6 months. Both would be stupid to leave a club that both respects and plays them. They would not be the first.

The same club/owner that offers Aribo a contract then a month later rips that up and then given a new offer with half the original wage.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

sam3110 said:

Redrobo said:

3 reasons:

Dont agree with that. Depends on the player. Poyet was stupid to leave, but Gomez, Shelvey and Konsa are doing ok. Why stay if you can get a pay rise with a better club? If they believe they can play in the Championship why would they reject that move?
  • Options
    The same club owner who totally fails to have any discussion with Patrick Bauer about renewed terms.

Selll up and fuck off
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Redrobo said:

sam3110 said:

Redrobo said:

3 reasons:

Dont agree with that. Depends on the player. Poyet was stupid to leave, but Gomez, Shelvey and Konsa are doing ok. Why stay if you can get a pay rise with a better club? If they believe they can play in the Championship why would they reject that move?
    Of course it does. The players you quote ie Gomez, Shelvet and Konya were clearly ready to play every game at a higher level. I am not sure that either would go straight into a team at the higher level.

Unless of course they are on the way down anyway.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

sam3110 said:

Redrobo said:

3 reasons:

Of course it does. The players you quote ie Gomez, Shelvet and Konya were clearly ready to play every game at a higher level. I am not sure that either would go straight into a team at the higher level.

Unless of course they are on the way down anyway.
    And I agree with you, I would suggest both players should stay in League one until the summer at least. But if a Champ club comes in for Aribo, a player who we offered a contract to and then replaced it with a worse offer, then he should go if he believes he can step up. I certainly would.
  • Options
    5’7”. Big issue there.
  • Options
    Was Williams not the twat who spent a whole half giving it to the away fans when we played at Shithurst a few years ago
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

5’7”. Big issue there.

When I said big issue, I didn’t meam selling them, OK?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Scoham said:

A screenshot on Facebook shows Taylor, Marshall and Clarke are following Greg Leigh on Instagram.

Excellent detective work.