Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Pitcher - RIP

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Such sad news. As a lot of people have already said, gave me one of the best memories scoring that goal at Blackburn. What a night, what a tough tackler and a good person.
    RIP Pitch thanks for the memories.
  • Options
    I remember the Blackburn game. We sat in the home end as guests of my dads old boss a season ticket holder. My dad had to push me down when we scored as I leapt out of my seat then looked around at the locals showing confusion and annoyance. If I remember rightly they were second in the prem and we were second in Championship. What a night. Thanks for the memories young Darren.
    Two years older than me...fuck.
    Goodnight to a Charlton hero.
  • Options
    Sad sad news, rest in peace Darren
  • Options
    Thanks Darren for the shift you put in for us week in week out which I saw first hand. Charlton through and through. I wish we had someone like you in out current side. God love you. Legend.
  • Options
    Terrible news . RIP Darren .
  • Options
    RIP Pitch, will never forget the day at Blackburn, god bless you.
  • Options
    I'm shocked. RIP Darren. :(
  • Options
    Tragic news. RIP.
  • Options
    Terrible news, played in the time I started going to games on my own as a teenager, RIP Darren,
  • Options
    Such sad news. Always devastating when any member of the Charlton family departs. RIP Darren.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shocked and saddened.

Requiescat in Pace
  • Options
    RIP Darren.

Such a shock.

Condolences to your family and friends.
  • Options
    RIP much to young very sad.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Heart attack so I’ve been told.
    Had also been suffering for some time with a severe liver complaint.
  • Options
    RIP Darren
  • Options
    Shocked. Awful. So young.

Will never forget seeing him at Ewood Park. RIP.
  • Options
    Just found out about this. I can't believe it. The Blackburn game stands out of course as his moment of glory but he was otherwise a reliable, hard-working member of the team for several years, back when I used to go home and away. I am shocked. Very sad. Sorry to see you go Darren.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not that it makes any difference one way or the other but, out of curiosity, does anyone know what Darren died of?
  • Options
    Soundas said he heard it was a heart attack.
  • Options
    Shame the minutes applause when his pic came up on the screen yesterday was missed by most due to Nabys red