Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Doncaster - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    I love the FA Cup, but I was expecting that type of line up. Saved my money for Portsmouth away instead.

However, I hope we win as much I hoped we would win on Tuesday against Burton.

COYR.
  • Options
    Piss poor lineup that. We played a stronger side v Mansfield!

What's the point in getting through, 1 game away from a potential big game...........and then put that side out. Joke.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Added this to my last post
  • Options
    Had a strong suspicion it might be a weak line up and this also wasn’t making much effort to go, particularly with the East closed
  • Options
    C'mon you rip roaring fa cup devouring Addicks... your exploits are legend, well me grandad told me once that we won it!

6-4 we take a 4 nil lead in 20 minutes...

Roland cheering from the stands...

Er
  • Options

This has gone too far. That's more or less a full reserve side. LB should realise that no matter what he might think, the FA Cup, and the prospect of a glamorous tie in the 3rd round IS still very important to the fans.

Colour me BLOODY ANGRY.

Why not wait and see if they win first before you start your moan?
  • Options
    There surely could've been some middle ground with the selection.... Rest the likes of Solly, Bauer, Taylor etc. but KAG has never had any injury problems to my knowledge & that bench is a disgrace
  • Options
    Another thing, what message does it give to Ajose, Marshall and Sarr, everyone else gets the weekend off but you have to play with the kids and half fit Clarke and Reeves?

Should be 5 or 6 changes, with those dropping to the bench. Fine give Solly and Ward the week off but do the others really need it?

I would have picked, and expected him to pick some thing like.

Philips
    Dijksteal
    BFG
    Sarr
    Stephenson

Aribo
    Lapsie
    Clarke
    Fosu

Ajose
    Grant

And have Taylor, Pearce, Reeves on the bench.
  • Options
    Is that a weaker line up than the first round?
  • Options

There surely could've been some middle ground with the selection.... Rest the likes of Solly, Bauer, Taylor etc. but KAG has never had any injury problems to my knowledge & that bench is a disgrace

Spot on. And why only name 5 subs, one of whom is a kid who hasn't played for over a year?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    Totally excited.
  • Options

Exactly if you want to win and rest players surely u change your 11 but put big names on the bench incase u need them.

We go 1-0 down with 30 to play you have noone on your bench, whats the issue with putting Steer, Solly, Pearce, Fosu and KAG on the bench just incase they are needed
  • Options

I’ll let you know after the match...
  • Options

Looks like it, certainly a weeker team than the replay. Why bother trying to win that only to do this.
  • Options

Hackett-Fairchild > Grant
    Clarke > Ward
    Reeves > Pratley

Are the only differences to the starting eleven
  • Options
    Queue Donny at home to Man U. in the 3rd round then. Glad I didn't bother!
  • Options

Exactly if you want to win and rest players surely u change your 11 but put big names on the bench incase u need them.

We go 1-0 down with 30 to play you have noone on your bench, whats the issue with putting Steer, Solly, Pearce, Fosu and KAG on the bench just incase they are needed
    Solly has only played one FA Cup game since 2011 though so think there is a guarantee that he'll never be involved
  • Options
    Unless they have injuries we don't know about, i see absolutely no reason why the likes of Fosu, Grant and Taylor couldn't have at least been subs.

He felt the need to play Taylor in a 1st round replay..............but not even put him on the bench for the 2nd round game?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Looks like it, certainly a weeker team than the replay. Why bother trying to win that only to do this.
    Or are we trying to ensure a replay so that we dont have two away games against Blackpool and Portsmouth within a matter of days

Would be no different to Southgate avoiding the harder route in the World Cup over the summer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Unless they have injuries we don't know about, i see absolutely no reason why the likes of Fosu, Grant and Taylor couldn't have at least been subs.

He felt the need to play Taylor in a 1st round replay..............but not even put him on the bench for the 2nd round game?

Fosu is the only one not involved that should be!!...

His form has been so shite this season he should be part of the Cup teams along with Marshall and Ajose to kick him up the arse and get into some form!!
  • Options
    Come on you Reds!!
  • Options
    Dissapointed at that. Surely have one of Taylor or Grant starting and the other off the bench? Why is Fosu not involved?
  • Options
    Mike said:

Lee Bowyer knows he is judged on League results. Anyone turning up today expecting a stronger team are totally deluded.
    Doncaster away is my nap today.

Charlton players to a man struggle with fitness ? It a shame but we need a positive result on Tuesday.

We aren't playing Tuesday are we?
    ross1 said:

Lee Bowyer knows he is judged on League results. Anyone turning up today expecting a stronger team are totally deluded.
    Doncaster away is my nap today.

Charlton players to a man struggle with fitness ? It a shame but we need a positive result on Tuesday.

Not playing on Tuesday
    Tuesday week is the rearranged game against Portsmouth. My mistake.

Just confirmed that LB feels the cup is getting in the way of the league.

Would be great if the youngsters could step up but Doncaster haven't rested too many today and they want revenge for the league defeat.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Bowyer, love the job he’s doing, pretty much faultless what with Roland still being here.

But he could of stuck some game changers on the bench at the very least today ffs, annoyed already.

I mean that starting XI with Taylor, Fosu and Aribo on the Judy I would be happy.
  • Options

Cafc43v3r said:

Or are we trying to ensure a replay so that we dont have two away games against Blackpool and Portsmouth within a matter of days

Would be no different to Southgate avoiding the harder route in the World Cup over the summer
    Charlton 2nd 11 v Donny 1st 11

That does not ensure a replay
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!