Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Doncaster - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2018

Weak line up but hopefully we squeeze something out of it, wouldn't be able to make any glory 3rd round tie myself due to living out the country but it'd be good to have something to be excited about.
  • Options

Cafc43v3r said:

Is that a weaker line up than the first round?

Looks like it, certainly a weeker team than the replay. Why bother trying to win that only to do this.
    Or are we trying to ensure a replay so that we dont have two away games against Blackpool and Portsmouth within a matter of days

Would be no different to Southgate avoiding the harder route in the World Cup over the summer
    Charlton 2nd 11 v Donny 1st 11

That does not ensure a replay
    Have you the lottery numbers too mate?

Yes we might lose but there is no guarantee of that at this stage of the day
  • Options

Anyone know why iFollow doesn't have a video option on the donny website? Only giving me the option to listen or is it the same for everyone else too?

Weak line up but hopefully we squeeze something out of it, wouldn't be able to make any glory 3rd round tie myself due to living out the country but it'd be good to have something to be excited about.

iFollow games are only available to actually watch in the League, not the cup
  • Options
    If Bowyer doesn’t care about the cup, why play a strong team against Mansfield in the 1st round replay? Surely it would have made sense to play the same line up from the initial game.
  • Options

Cafc43v3r said:

Looks like it, certainly a weeker team than the replay. Why bother trying to win that only to do this.
    Or are we trying to ensure a replay so that we dont have two away games against Blackpool and Portsmouth within a matter of days

Would be no different to Southgate avoiding the harder route in the World Cup over the summer

I never said it was guranteed but u said he is trying to ensure a replay, but surely there is more chance with a few 1st team players rather than 0.

I dont see how a 2nd 11 ensures a replay
  • Options

Anyone know why iFollow doesn't have a video option on the donny website? Only giving me the option to listen or is it the same for everyone else too?

iFollow games are only available to actually watch in the League, not the cup
    Ah okay, didn't realise.. Thanks.
  • Options
    Rob said:

I'm also surprised by the 'surprise reaction' to this line up. Bowyer has made it perfectly clear that the league is his priority. He's doing ok up to now with his meagre resources so I have no reason to doubt his decision. On the positive, it gives a good run out to Maloney and Hackett-Fairchild so it'll be interesting to see how they do. We've already seen what Toby Stephenson can do because of the chances he's been given so who knows with them.

Personally, I have total faith in Bowyer's approach. For me , the league is the priority and why risk players considering we have such a small squad and they can do with the recuperation time.

COYR!

Ultimately these are all lads in a Charlton shirt, find it disappointing that people dont give them a hope in hell even before a ball has been kicked

Karlan Grant was written off for years by many on here yet has proven EVERYONE wrong!! - Whats to say Maloney / Hackett-Fairchild wont do the same?
  • Options
    Hoping most of you are wrong and Bowyer is right, will be interesting to read comments after the game if we win. How many times I have read in cup games, this team is not good enough and we have won, alternatively, how many times I have read in league games, this team is great we will win easily and then lose. I am prepared to back Bowyer and wait until the end of the game, but if we lose, I hope next Saturday we win to make it worth while
  • Options
    Rob said:

I'm also surprised by the 'surprise reaction' to this line up. Bowyer has made it perfectly clear that the league is his priority. He's doing ok up to now with his meagre resources so I have no reason to doubt his decision. On the positive, it gives a good run out to Maloney and Hackett-Fairchild so it'll be interesting to see how they do. We've already seen what Toby Stephenson can do because of the chances he's been given so who knows with them.

Personally, I have total faith in Bowyer's approach. For me , the league is the priority and why risk players considering we have such a small squad and they can do with the recuperation time.

COYR!

I doubt Doncaster have a massive squad either, and they're playing their first team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If Bowyer doesn’t care about the cup, why play a strong team against Mansfield in the 1st round replay? Surely it would have made sense to play the same line up from the initial game.

Yes. Why play Taylor in that game and not this one?
  • Options

Cafc43v3r said:

I never said it was guranteed but u said he is trying to ensure a replay, but surely there is more chance with a few 1st team players rather than 0.

Wasnt there dismay at the squad that Bowyer fielded against Norwich in the final pre-season friendly though?

Phillips, Solly, Bauer, Pearce (C), Page, Lapslie (Pratley, h/t), Forster-Caskey, Aribo, Marshall, Hackett-Fairchild (Ajose, 75), Grant (Maloney, 83)

Those in bold are being utilisied again today, yet again apparently dont stand a hope in hell by the majority on here and as I've pointed out, there are only three changes to the team that drew @ Mansfield with Hackett-Fairchild in for Grant being the only one that weakens us in my opinion - All Im saying is give these goddamn kids a chance
  • Options

Rob said:

COYR!

Ultimately these are all lads in a Charlton shirt, find it disappointing that people dont give them a hope in hell even before a ball has been kicked

Karlan Grant was written off for years by many on here yet has proven EVERYONE wrong!! - Whats to say Maloney / Hackett-Fairchild wont do the same?
    Btf Recco is only a few months younger than Grant, I think. Grant played for England age levels, played in the championship at 17 and scored loads of goals at u23 level and at Crawley last season. What has Recco done?
  • Options

Cafc43v3r said:

Wasnt there dismay at the squad that Bowyer fielded against Norwich in the final pre-season friendly though?

Phillips, Solly, Bauer, Pearce (C), Page, Lapslie (Pratley, h/t), Forster-Caskey, Aribo, Marshall, Hackett-Fairchild (Ajose, 75), Grant (Maloney, 83)

Those in bold are being utilisied again today, yet again apparently dont stand a hope in hell by the majority on here and as I've pointed out, there are only three changes to the team that drew @ Mansfield with Hackett-Fairchild in for Grant being the only one that weakens us in my opinion - All Im saying is give these goddamn kids a chance
    Thank you for proving my point, look at that squad it had a a mixture a few reserve players and a few 1st team players.

Today is just reserves with no 1st team even on the bench
  • Options
    Rob said:

COYR!

The possibility of drawing a big club in the next round and making shed loads of money, the excitement of a Cup run and an away trip to Man Utd etc.

Recuperation time? No-one is suggesting our more injury prone players should play but most of the squad are young men in peak physical condition. There's no game for a week after this.

No, that line-up is taking the piss with every supporter going today who has paid hard earned money to be there.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

I thought RCF was on a season long loan at Bromley

That’s Josh Umerah at Boreham Wood
  • Options
    And those comparing this squad to Mansfield, we struggled to get the replay against Mansfield who are worse than Doncaster and when we put a proper squad out in replay we eased to a 5-0 win.
  • Options
    Even if we win and draw a big money spinner in the next round, has everyone forget where the money will go :wink:
  • Options

Cafc43v3r said:

Thank you for proving my point, look at that squad it had a a mixture a few reserve players and a few 1st team players.

Today is just reserves with no 1st team even on the bench
    Surely you can only prove your point @ 5pm?

Either this team is good enough to get a result against Doncaster or it isnt
  • Options
    It’s a shocking line up, but at the same time having the majority of our first team rested should give us a better chance of points with the two upcoming big league games.

Still feel that we could have had a slightly stronger line up today though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    GAME TIME!

Come on you Addicksssss! #cafc

• Options
    Expected a weakened team but this looks too many changes to me. We have only played 4 league games in the last month and there are players who haven't played in all of them eg Fosu.
  • Options

And those comparing this squad to Mansfield, we struggled to get the replay against Mansfield who are worse than Doncaster and when we put a proper squad out in replay we eased to a 5-0 win.

Yet could have been 3-0 up after about 15mins...
  • Options
    We are not going to win this cup it is not important to our season. Bowyer has made the right call with Selection. The next 6 games in December are far more important
  • Options
    Consequences of a very young squad and promotion so, so important for club & Bowyer, let's see what the youngsters can do.
  • Options
    Can’t find commentary on valley pass. Just me?
  • Options

Yet could have been 3-0 up after about 15mins...
    Could have
    But wasnt thats the difference.
  • Options
    Doncaster Rovers FC

Verified account

@drfc_official
    34s34 seconds ago
    More
    iFOLLOW ROVERS | Audio commentary is on air now. We cannot show live streams of non-EFL competitions.. #DRFC #CHADON
  • Options
    Doncaster Rovers FC

Verified account

@drfc_official
    17s17 seconds ago
    More
    0' Both sets of supporters are joining in a minute's applause in memory of former #CAFC player Darren Pitcher who passed away last Sunday aged just 49. #CHADON
  • Options

Can’t find commentary on valley pass. Just me?

Its on now. try again
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!