Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peterborough allocation (ed. SOLD OUT)

Comments

• Options
    redbuttle said:

SE7toSG3 said:

And now we have no excuses, this should sell out comfortably given the distance and our current form.

Exactly, no excuses. However, bet there are some good ones.
    I think I have a pretty decent excuse.
  • Options
    Only been on sale 45 minutes and there’s just 785 left...cue a lot of moaning on CL come tomorrow morning...
  • Options

redbuttle said:

SE7toSG3 said:

And now we have no excuses, this should sell out comfortably given the distance and our current form.

No the old “ I live the other side of the word “ nonsense again ?

;-)
    Exactly 10 hour overnight flight on Friday and return straight after the game leaving a relaxing Sunday afternoon before back to work Monday :wink:
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

redbuttle said:

SE7toSG3 said:

;-)
    Exactly 10 hour overnight flight on Friday and return straight after the game leaving a relaxing Sunday afternoon before back to work Monday :wink:
    I work weekends :disappointed:
  • Options
    edited January 2019

RedChaser said:

redbuttle said:

SE7toSG3 said:

;-)
    I work weekends :disappointed:
    That's a shame I thought you might have queried the flight times because that's how long I thought it took me from Hong Kong but on reflection it was nearer 12 hours.
  • Options
    The only downside with additional tickets is we will now miss out on the traditional CL pantomime of a desperate 'any spares' thread, and as soon as one is offered is followed swiftly by a,

Gutted was 100% up for this but something has now come up
  • Options
    Just got 4, got the feel of another Pompey this one, except we probably won’t be far off outnumbering the home fans.
  • Options

JohnnyH2 said:

Source within the club tells me that they did ask for more tickets but were refused as Peterborough have some form of youth promotion.

Correct. They've filled most of that new stand behind the goal with tickets for local schools.
    Where are the local schools sitting now. Good to see common sense has occurred
    The sensible thing to do is move all the charlton fans to sit behind the goal and move the schools to the side where the charlton fans were going to be. They just need to stick a sign up and have a steward with a megaphone directly away fans. They can tell the schools that have got the tickets they have been moved. Doesn’t need allocated seating for either stand so the seat number and the name of the stand in the ticket isn’t an issue.
    Too easy a solution.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Probably will only sell a few of the extra 900 tickets....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

clive said:
    Probably will only sell a few of the extra 900 tickets....
    143 sold so far this afternoon.
  • Options
    cazo said:

Just 113 left come on let’s get rid and get some more

I know the current position regarding tickets since the weekend but it's exciting reading through this thread watching the ticket numbers going down!

Beats masterbating over the Jim White rumours.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:

cazo said:

Just 113 left come on let’s get rid and get some more

I know the current position regarding tickets since the weekend but it's exciting reading through this thread watching the ticket numbers going down!

Beats masterbating over the Jim White rumours.
    Fcuc it .
    I wish you had told me that ten minutes ago.
  • Options
    Does anyone know how the split between the two stands is determined when buying tickets? Or is it just random?
  • Options
    JtR said:

Does anyone know how the split between the two stands is determined when buying tickets? Or is it just random?

I think if you buy a ticket now you will be behind the goal.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    JtR said:

First 200 would be in the main stand. Other 700 behind the goal. Would be my guess going by the above twitter conversation.
  • Options

should sell out now although i am sure most that wanted a ticket have now got one, so don't know who will be buying the remaining 900.

am now looking at getting the 10.46am thameslink as can see the pubs being busy went to the boat last time but it was a nice day and could stand outside. the early ko that day is accrington stanley vs derby/southampton so not too interested in that, means a spoons could do a job.

It becomes like operation Riverside/Ewood or football for a fiver, it snowballs with momentum. And if we're seriously challenging for automatic promotion with an intact squad after the transfer window I'd expect us to sell out.
  • Options
    Can i be the first to moan that we have too many tickets?
  • Options
    taking my 8 year old son for his first taste of an away game. we have booked to go on the Valley Away Coaches, can anyone let me know where the pick up point for Eltham is?
  • Options
    All set up for us to lose 3 nil, with Solly sent off, and Taylor and Grant both stretchered off after colliding with each other
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

JohnnyH2 said:

Source within the club tells me that they did ask for more tickets but were refused as Peterborough have some form of youth promotion.

Correct. They've filled most of that new stand behind the goal with tickets for local schools.
    The sensible thing to do is move all the charlton fans to sit behind the goal and move the schools to the side where the charlton fans were going to be. They just need to stick a sign up and have a steward with a megaphone directly away fans. They can tell the schools that have got the tickets they have been moved. Doesn’t need allocated seating for either stand so the seat number and the name of the stand in the ticket isn’t an issue.
    Good luck getting that past the licensing authority.
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:

taking my 8 year old son for his first taste of an away game. we have booked to go on the Valley Away Coaches, can anyone let me know where the pick up point for Eltham is?

Used to be down by the Well Hall Roundabout, about fifty yards up if going towards Shooters Hill.
  • Options

CAFCDAZ said:

Used to be down by the Well Hall Roundabout, about fifty yards up if going towards Shooters Hill.
    cheers large that the first bus stop heading up towards shooters hill i am gathering?
  • Options

JohnnyH2 said:

Didn’t their owner tweet to HI that if we can sell 3,000 tickets we can have them and any tickets given to local kids wouldn’t affect our allocation ? If tickets have been given to local kids for that stand he must be thinking about moving them out of the way. Far better for everybody if alll the away fans were put together surely
  • Options

JohnnyH2 said:

Didn’t their owner tweet to HI that if we can sell 3,000 tickets we can have them and any tickets given to local kids wouldn’t affect our allocation ? If tickets have been given to local kids for that stand he must be thinking about moving them out of the way. Far better for everybody if alll the away fans were put together surely
    No, he didn't tweet to me.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

JohnnyH2 said:

No, he didn't tweet to me.
    I think we know who it was though Henners :wink:
  • Options

JohnnyH2 said:

It’s not his decision, and quite rightly he said that their safety team were looking at whether they could accommodate Charlton behind the goal, which in practice means asking police for permission. The least change the better will be their view.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    CAFCDAZ said:

CAFCDAZ said:

cheers large that the first bus stop heading up towards shooters hill i am gathering?
    Yes that's it. Always picked up there for 30+ years & probably longer.
    You can park in the side streets if you're driving to Well Hall.