Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2019

Comments

• Notts' last two are both rabbits, so really all you have to do is break this partnership. Simple
  • edited June 2019
    Chris Nash top-scored for Notts yesterday with 67, before being caught behind off Harry Podmore's bowling - but he was left unhappy with his dismissal after a rather unusual incident.

As Podmore came in to bowl, a white towel fell from his waistband behind him. Nash played the ball and was caught by wicket-keeper Ollie Robinson, but reacted angrily to being given out, gesticulating to the umpire about the towel, which he clearly felt had distracted him.

“It was a real shame for Chris to get out at the end like that. It was a funny one, in that a towel flew out of the bowler’s pocket, so he’ll be disappointed but can take a lot of credit in how he played,” said head coach Peter Moores.

“We were asking the question there, at the end, on what happens in incidents like that. Does it become a dead ball or not, as it was certainly a distraction. We’ll ask the umpires about it at the end but it’s unfortunate for Chris.”

Gutted for him  :)
  • 255-9

The worry now is that conditions are horrible and we'll be bowled out for 85!

• 255-9

I was thinking just the same. At least we may have a tiny lead!?
  • Only one player in the top six got into double figures, first dig. Ominous. 
  • 267 all out. Now the "fun" begins
  • 267 all out.

Lead 42
  • CHG said:
    Only one player in the top six got into double triple figures, first dig. Ominous. 
    No worries.
  • Sponsored links:

• may as well get it out the way. 

dickson out for a score under 10. 

in all seriousness, fingers crossed we dont get skittled out again, heard the pitch is providing assistance to the bowlers. pattinson  could be very dangerous

• edited June 2019
    may as well get it out the way. 

dickson out for a score under 10. 

in all seriousness, fingers crossed we dont get skittled out again, heard the pitch is providing assistance to the bowlers. pattinson  could be very dangerous

19-1 and yes Dickson out for 1

EDIT: 19-1 at lunch
  • Amazing call re: Dickson, who would have thought? ;)
  • Currently 43-1
  • 75-1

117 lead
  • 94-2

136 lead

Denly 40 n.o.

Crawley just out for 37
  • Denly hits 50. 52 no.

128-2

170 lead with 8 wickets left.
  • 141-2 at tea

lead 183
  • LenGlover said:
    141-2 at tea

lead 183
    Tunbridge Wells is usually a reasonable place to bat. It'll be interesting how long we bat for. 
  • Weather looks good tomorrow, have a dash in the morning then try and skittle them, shouldn't lose from here...
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2019
    LenGlover said:
    141-2 at tea

lead 183
    Tunbridge Wells is usually a reasonable place to bat. It'll be interesting how long we bat for. 
    350 is gettable in a day in good conditions there so I reckon we need 300 plus  before declaring  assuming we don't collapse first of course!

If things go our way after tea the lead should be 280 plus by the close.
  • Chris Nash top-scored for Notts yesterday with 67, before being caught behind off Harry Podmore's bowling - but he was left unhappy with his dismissal after a rather unusual incident.

As Podmore came in to bowl, a white towel fell from his waistband behind him. Nash played the ball and was caught by wicket-keeper Ollie Robinson, but reacted angrily to being given out, gesticulating to the umpire about the towel, which he clearly felt had distracted him.

“It was a real shame for Chris to get out at the end like that. It was a funny one, in that a towel flew out of the bowler’s pocket, so he’ll be disappointed but can take a lot of credit in how he played,” said head coach Peter Moores.

“We were asking the question there, at the end, on what happens in incidents like that. Does it become a dead ball or not, as it was certainly a distraction. We’ll ask the umpires about it at the end but it’s unfortunate for Chris.”

Gutted for him  :)
    I had one like that last weekend; first time it happened it was behind me so the ball stood, but soon after the towel fell out just as he bowled and I called dead ball immediately. Really, Nash should have pulled away and not hit the ball...
  • edited June 2019
    141-2......oh sorry, didn’t realise that has already been posted.
  • 200 lead, 8 wickets remaining
  • edited June 2019
    200-2

lead 242
  • 210-2......Joe 84 no!
  • 255-9

May I reverse my concern, which is now that the pitch is so flat that if we declare Notts will knock off 350 tomorrow easily  :)
  • 237-2 Joe 98* D B-D 75*

lead 279