Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2019

Comments

• 10 partnership. The wicket is flattening out.
  • Bloody hell.

The last time I checked in on this Essex had just been rolled over. I turn my back on this for less than a couple of hours and it's been more carnage than an England innings against the convicts!

Effectively 145-8 which on today's evidence is probably plenty!
  • We're taking the piss out of them with this partnership of 12.
  • Sam Cook 8.2 - 2 - 19 -7

Dismissals (almost spelt that dismals) this innings: 5 lbw, 2 caught keeper, 2 caught other.

Couple that with Stevo's and Podder's hauls this morning and that's a lot of reward for bowling straight at the stumps.
  • Geez.

40 all out.

Dismissals (almost spelt that dismals) this innings: 5 lbw, 2 caught keeper, 2 caught other.

Couple that with Stevo's and Podder's hauls this morning and that's a lot of reward for bowling straight at the stumps.
    I wonder if the pitch will be questioned? 

Having said that it seemed okish on day 1
  • In Stevo's 15 overs there have been only eight scoring shots (three boundaries and five singles) with 82 dot balls. That's good control.

Meanwhile, at the other end, Mitch joins the party with his third delivery.

Essex 67-7, still 10 runs short of making Kent bat again.
    Even if they make the follow on, if we bat for the rest of today we should have enough runs to set a very challenging target
    Rest of today, ha ha. Until tea would have been nice though
  • I think we batted too long. It's always tempting when you have Rayner on the point of going into doublé figures, but we could have declared. We'll look silly if Essex bat out the remaining sessions now.
  • From the BBC website's coverage of today's County Championship matches:

Division One leaders Essex need 153 to win at Canterbury after bowling out Kent in just 18.1 overs.

Jamie Porter flattens Matt Milnes' off stump to end the innings - but the plaudits go to Sam Cook, who sent down nine overs for career-best figures of 7-23, giving him 12-65 in the match.

To put Kent's innings into some sort of historical context, it's their lowest total since being all out for 32 against Hampshire in Southampton in 1952.

We should also point out that none of their batsmen reached double figures, and Essex did not give away a single extra.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/49308597
  • Sponsored links:

• they are pissing it 2 without loss
  • podmore 2 no balls in first over, just what you need defending 150

I wonder if the pitch will be questioned? 

Having said that it seemed okish on day 1
    If this mayhem had occurred on Day 1 then you can guarantee we'd have been docked points (probably enough to take us below Notts in the table).

We're now into Day 3 and there have been plenty of interruptions for rain over the first couple of days - I suppose that's helped to make the pitch a bit "sporty".
  • Is it too early for "Top of the league, you're having a laugh?"
    OK, OK. You've made your point ...

:(
  • Stevo with first wicket
  • Stevo with first wicket
    You can always rely on the young'uns ...
  • 19-1 off 4

Stevens 1-0 off 2
    Podmore 0-19 off 2 including 6 no balls!!!
  • 19-1 off 4

Stevens 1-0 off 2
    Podmore 0-19 off 2 including 6 no balls!!!
    Are they front foot? If so, then bloody hell, just start your run up a foot back. Won't make that much difference.
  • Sponsored links:

• 28-1 at Tea.
  • What happened to the pitch? Did someone drive a tank over it?
  • 50 up for Essex.

51-1, Cook (Sir Alastair) 29*, Westley 13*

This will be over today and I doubt with the correct result :(
  • edited August 2019
    And as I hit "post" Chef edged Matt Milne's first delivery of the innings to Ollie Raynor!

51-2.

Kent require another 8 wickets to win, Essex need 102 more runs for victory.

Game back on ... ???

EDIT: 51-3 Dan Lawrence bags a pair in less than a day, Milne strikes twice in the over.
  • Boom get in there 51-3 let's go 
  • DI Stevens gets another wicket!

Ravi Bopara is the second Essex batsman to bag a pair today, Essex have gone from 51-1 to 52-4!

GAME. ON.
  • edited August 2019
    82-5. Essex need 71 runs to win
  • Tom Westley leaves a ball from Mitch ... and watches his stumps get re-arranged.

82-5
  • With Sam Cook taking 12 wickets and when Alistair Cook was looking set it was a case of too many Cook's spoil the Kent.

Now at Essex 82/5 it still game on.

• Fingers crossed that wicket sparks another bout of carnage ...