Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2019

Comments

• MrOneLung said:
    We are  not gonna qualify are we? 
    Still in our hands, but looking more shaky than it did a week ago...
  • Unless our form improves we wouldn't win the QF even if we do qualify
  • edited August 2019
    The run chase was huge.....exactly what Bell-Drummond was playing at faffing around like he was playing on the first morning of a five day test match I will never know?
    I was shouting at the screen in frustration for him to pull his finger out.
    Milne dropping a dolly of a catch which would have dismissed Banton on 57 was a massive moment.....his bowling was shyte as well!
    The real killer though was Sabi for 0 first ball and Blakey for just 9.....once Blakey went it really was all over and I switched channels in disgust.

• The games we have won have been as a result of our tight bowling and one or two of our batsmen coming off - mainly Nabi or Blake. Despite his return, it may not help that Billings hasn't played all season and is going to have to find form in what is the shortest and hardest form of the game to do so.
  • Delayed start tonight. Although it must be doubtful whether there will be any play tonight. Frustrating particularly as it's against winless Glamorgan.
  • Abandoned

The Essex Middlesex game is off as well
  • Trying to see the positives one point is better than none and with 13 points another win SHOULD see us qualify. Two wins might give us a home quarter final.
  • LenGlover said:
    Trying to see the positives one point is better than none and with 13 points another win SHOULD see us qualify. Two wins might give us a home quarter final.
    And Adam Milne was injured today (his form seems to have slipped anyway)
  • LenGlover said:
    Trying to see the positives one point is better than none and with 13 points another win SHOULD see us qualify. Two wins might give us a home quarter final.
    Think 1 win is being optimistic to get us through
  • LenGlover said:
    And Adam Milne was injured today (his form seems to have slipped anyway)
    In the nets or with a sweegy mop in the outfield ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    I'd just like to congratulate our friends at The Oval for their resounding win against our close neighbours in Sussex tonight.

In fact, I'd go as far as saying I hope that both those lovely Curran lads are in the England squad for next week's Ashes' Test which starts in 7 days time......

I mean that most sincerely , folks .

:-)
  • Looks like tomorrow will be a washout
  • omg Durham with maybe the worst choke in T20 history against our brave Pears!! they required 39 off 51 with TEN wickets in hand, lost by 3 :D
  • Lose to Sussex tonight, and us next Friday and we are creeping up on you 
  • Looks like tomorrow will be a washout
    Yes, 2 in a row. Unfortunate that our 2 games this week have been on the wet days Wednesday and Friday as if we have played yesterday it would have been fine
    If, as seems probable from the various weather forecasts, the game is rained off we will get a point.
    Creeps ! 
  • LenGlover said:
    Lose to Sussex tonight, and us next Friday and we are creeping up on you 
    If, as seems probable from the various weather forecasts, the game is rained off we will get a point.
    Lucky Kent 
  • LenGlover said:
    Lose to Sussex tonight, and us next Friday and we are creeping up on you 
    Lucky Kent 
    P'raps as Curbs would say
  • Complete washout in tonight's T 20 I believe. Helps Kent overall as one less game for the others to catch us but not really the way we want to do it.
  • Sponsored links:

• 2 wins from the last 3 games will guarantee qualification for QF. 
  • Kent struggling at 49-3 in the first innings against Essex on a rain interrupted day in the County Championship
  • 93-4 D B-D 49*
  • I suspect the crowd affected by people staying at home and watching the test match. Forecast decent for next 3 days though. 
  • 118-5 D B-D out for 55
  • 118-6 Robinson out for 35
  • 125-6 at the close
  • LenGlover said:
    125-6 at the close
    Not an easy day to bat first. I think this rule that the away team can tell the home team to bat is ridiculous.
  • 211-9  rain
  • Half century for Harry P , bless him ! 

Rain holding off at Canterbury but monsoon like here in Wadhurst.