Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2019

Comments

• Allan Donald to leave Kent at the end of the season. We aim to recruit both bowling and batting coaches who will be available for 12 months a year.

Having seen Jonathan Trott at work recently I would hope that the latter might be him.
    I know Trotty was a good player , but any good as a coach ? 
    He will be. But not just a batting coach. He's gone through a lot as we know mentally and he will be a great person to go to if and when things aren't going right in the middle.

Recently my son played against him - he was batting and my son was keeping. During the course of the innings both he and he other batsman, Luke Wright, were trying to help the bowlers to set their field as they were making it to easy for the pair to score runs.

Anyway, in the final over of the innings and after he'd reached his hundred Trott said to my son "the next ball I am going to hit, in to out, over extra cover". Which he did - for a maximum. For the rest of the over my son had to tell him, before the bowl was bowled, where he wanted him to hit it. And each and every time the requested shot was executed perfectly.

On the basis of that, I am sure he will be a "do as I show you" as opposed to a "do as I say" type coach.

• A shame to lose Donald, young bowlers like Podmore and Milne have really come on under him, and I'm sure he's been a big help in the recruitment of excellent overseas bowlers like Milnes and Henry
  • Seems a bit weird to say it, but I don't think we play enough games at this time of year. The last home T20 was the 4th August, then we don't play at home until the 14th, that's a massive gap considering how short and physically undemanding T20 games are
  • good news, sam billings is back playing for the seconds today. wonder if they will involve him in the game tomorrow? cox will make way in my opinion. 
  • edited August 2019
    These Gloucs commentators are driving me mad !! 
    Aren't they horrific? I listened to them when Sussex played at Bristol last Sunday. One over from the end, Sussex were awarded 6 bonus runs as Gloucestershire bowled their overs too slowly. It rather fortunately turned the game in Sussex's favour. The commentators went beserk. "This has been a wonderful game of cricket, but it now it's been spoilt by the umpires", "This ruins cricket games", "Gloucestershire had almost won this game" and "Sussex wouldn't want to have won with this like that" (oh yes, we would!). They really needed shooting, particularly as they mispronounced half of the Sussex team. Idiots.
  • edited August 2019
    Will be good to have Billings back. Especially as form has dipped a bit of late. Denly might be available too?
  • Seems a bit weird to say it, but I don't think we play enough games at this time of year. The last home T20 was the 4th August, then we don't play at home until the 14th, that's a massive gap considering how short and physically undemanding T20 games are
    Yep Yep Yep.

Said this many many times. Its the summer holidays lets pack it with cricket and make it Kids for a quid. 

The opportunity was there to update the T20 blast. Put it in one 4 week block in the middle of summer holidays (Would need to be 3 groups rather than 2 in order to fit it in). A game on every day (obviously all on free to air TV). Important to have a full international break and make sure that the best English stars (particularly all our world cup winners) are available to play in it. Allow 3 overseas players and the rest Eligible for England. Allow all the cheerleaders/gimmicks you want, play finals day at the Olympic stadium with a drop in pitch. and BANG suddenly you have a world class T20 competition to rival the big bash and the IPL. Genius! and the best part? its based around the existing county system so we don't lose any great tradition and most importantly - ITS ACTUALLY STILL A FORMAT OF CRICKET!

No need for that hundred bullshit.
  • good news, sam billings is back playing for the seconds today. wonder if they will involve him in the game tomorrow? cox will make way in my opinion. 
    Is he keeping wicket.....I would be surprised if he is?
    Is he keeping wicket.....I would be surprised if he is?
    No, Rouse is
  • These Gloucs commentators are driving me mad !! 
    Aren't they horrific? I listened to them when Sussex played at Bristol last Sunday. One over from the end, Sussex were awarded 6 bonus runs as Gloucestershire bowled their overs too slowly. It rather fortunately turned the game in Sussex's favour. The commentators went beserk. "This has been a wonderful game of cricket, but it now it's been spoilt by the umpires", "This ruins cricket games", "Gloucestershire had almost won this game" and "Sussex wouldn't want to have won with this like that" (oh yes, we would!). They really needed shooting, particularly as they mispronounced half of the Sussex team. Idiots.
    They were really getting on my nerves the other night. Gloucestershire were untouchable in their eyes yet are quite a way down the table. The only time they went quiet was when they started losing wickets. Even then they didn't think a couple of them were out!! 
  • Sponsored links:

Yep Yep Yep.

Said this many many times. Its the summer holidays lets pack it with cricket and make it Kids for a quid. 

The opportunity was there to update the T20 blast. Put it in one 4 week block in the middle of summer holidays (Would need to be 3 groups rather than 2 in order to fit it in). A game on every day (obviously all on free to air TV). Important to have a full international break and make sure that the best English stars (particularly all our world cup winners) are available to play in it. Allow 3 overseas players and the rest Eligible for England. Allow all the cheerleaders/gimmicks you want, play finals day at the Olympic stadium with a drop in pitch. and BANG suddenly you have a world class T20 competition to rival the big bash and the IPL. Genius! and the best part? its based around the existing county system so we don't lose any great tradition and most importantly - ITS ACTUALLY STILL A FORMAT OF CRICKET!

Might not have been a bad idea to have a few CC matches this week as well. If they were scheduled Wed to Sat, a few of the England players who need red ball practice could have played, while candidates for the team would have had a chance to impress. Crazy that the only red ball being played is by the Aussies
    Yep Yep Yep.

Might not have been a bad idea to have a few CC matches this week as well. If they were scheduled Wed to Sat, a few of the England players who need red ball practice could have played, while candidates for the team would have had a chance to impress. Crazy that the only red ball being played is by the Aussies
    Totally agree
  • Anyone got some idea of the weather down there?
  • Milne has been poor again!
  • Not a great start
  • edited August 2019
    Banton, the Somerset opener, is 6 feet 10 inches tall!
    Has got 50 off 27....Mmmmm.
  • They’re taking the piss here. 
    Gawd help us. 
  • Crikey Somerset are smashing our bowlers all over Taunton.
  • Milne dropped Blanton with an easy chance when he was on 57........we are getting stuffed.
    134-2 off 13......carnage!
    65 off the last 5 overs!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    What’s up with Milne ?? Last three games he hasn’t looked anywhere near as good as we all known him to be. 
  • We will win with 4 balls to spare...
  • Thank feck for that. 
    Collapse please. 
    Lol
  • What’s up with Milne ?? Last three games he hasn’t looked anywhere near as good as we all known him to be. 
    Knew this would work. Welcome back Adam ! 
  • Milne splays middle and off stumps 
  • Not looking so good; what's changed?
  • Banton looks a good player.
  • Banton looks a good player.
    yet another talented keeper batsman, the English game seems to have a glut of them at the moment, when you consider Kent have 3!
  • Oh well
  • We are  not gonna qualify are we?