Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2019

Comments

• Laurie Evans a surrey academy product dies the business against kent
  • Amazing what a move to a big club can do
  • Anyone going today?
  • Marcus O'Riordan called up to replace Qayyum who has an injured hand

• Anyone going today?
    Sadly no, will be weather too
  • Hampshire are 29 for 2 with 16.1 overs left
  • edited August 2019
    122 -7 off 17......not bad!
  • 135 ao, nice
  • 135 all out with 4 balls left.
    Very gettable......come on the lads!
  • Sponsored links:

• Bowler injured again??
  • 36-1 off 6

100 off 14 overs required 
  • Kent need 24 off 3 overs.
  • Kuhn & Blake at the wicket.....should do this!
  • We we need 10 off the last over Mmmmmmm!!!
  • edited August 2019
    Won it off the penultimate
     ball!

• Kent win.
  • Jesus Christ.....we only did it!!!!!
  • Had me sweating at the end there. 
    Phew!
  • Sponsored links:

• Milne of all people doing the business for us in the last over, after Stewart retired injured!!!
  • Pulled a hammy apparently 
  • edited August 2019
    We seem to have a few walking wounded. Stewart retired hurt, Klaassen didn't finish his final over and Qayyum missed the match today.
  • Credit where it's due. 
    Kent have been very good in this competition. 
    Unlike my lot.
  • Low scoring match for Beckenham which is normally a good batting surface
  • edited August 2019
    Got my mojo back with Charlton and Kent. Always fight to the end. 100% effort unlike the recent barren years.
  • You'll never believe this .....

Arrived home circa 4.45 this afternoon after a torturous , slow drive from Blackburn, which we left at 10.30am.

Test match on Five Live en route although transmission kept fading in & out, but no access to Radio Kent, of course.

Made a cuppa , sorted a few bits whilst trying impatiently to log on to the BBC Sport website for audio coverage of the end of our match ....but having NO luck at all. The fates were definitely conspiring to keep me in suspense! 

By the time I finally managed to find the scorecard, we needed 10 off the last over....and then Kuhn went ! 

Still no audio , so kept refreshing the page, to find we needed 2 off the last 3 balls.....nails bitten, lucky crossed foot pose, mantra of " Come on you boys!" over & over and finally Milne cracked a boundary ! We'd won again !!!!!

Mind you, following my question after Lords as to whether the lads could win in our absence AND the defeat in the first of the 2 matches on Friday, I wasn't surprised to find a huge banner across the front of Fanackapan Towers on our return today stating , in stark black capitals " WE NEED OUR FANNY !!!" 

I HOPE it was from the Spitfires.....
  • Bit worried about the number of injuries. Next game Weds
  • Do we only play 15 group games and not 16 ?

looking at fixtures we have 2 away games, then 5 home games then 1 more away game. 

Am I going mad?