Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2019

Comments

• Only 15 from last 4.3 overs
  • MrOneLung said:
    Only 15 from last 4.3 overs
    12 of those off the last 5 balls?
  • MrOneLung said:
    27 off those overs
  • Gonna be tough!
  • supaclive said:
    Has anyone had a refund for the game at the Oval due to the significantly reduced overs? Thought I read it would be automatic and take 2 days? Maybe it's been done and it takes a while to show by the card issue as they always say refunds take longer than debits (typical!)?
    There was a result so no refund.  Check out The Oval's website.
    I read the conditions and wondered when less than 24.5 overs would be bowled and no result? So it could go down to a single over per team and a result and no refund? What do they do if the first team gets 20 overs but the second only 4.5?
  • supaclive said:
    Has anyone had a refund for the game at the Oval due to the significantly reduced overs? Thought I read it would be automatic and take 2 days? Maybe it's been done and it takes a while to show by the card issue as they always say refunds take longer than debits (typical!)?
    I read the conditions and wondered when less than 24.5 overs would be bowled and no result? So it could go down to a single over per team and a result and no refund? What do they do if the first team gets 20 overs but the second only 4.5?
    If there's a result, there's no refund. 
  • ross1 said:
    Archer gets a wicket
    He should be playing for England instead of Anderson
    Alex Carey should be playing for Australia instead of Paine!
  • Chizz said:
    supaclive said:
    If there's a result, there's no refund. 
    Yes but my I asked how you'd get less than 24.5 overs would be bowled and no result? And could it go to just one over per team with a result and you get no refund?
  • 43-1. 5 overs
  • MrOneLung said:
    27 off those overs
    WTF was I looking at ????
  • Sponsored links:

• Ah the last wicket was 19.1 overs and I took the score from that not the final score. 
  • Not looking too clever

64-1 off 8
  • Has anyone had a refund for the game at the Oval due to the significantly reduced overs? Thought I read it would be automatic and take 2 days? Maybe it's been done and it takes a while to show by the card issue as they always say refunds take longer than debits (typical!)?
    We got no refund but were offered four tickets to go and watch a Surrey County Championship match towards the end of August for free 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • LouisMend said:
    We got no refund but were offered four tickets to go and watch a Surrey County Championship match towards the end of August for free 🤷🏼‍♂️
    By email? Not unless it is against Kent!
  • LouisMend said:
    Think it was by email yes, went to my mate who ordered the tickets. And it’s against Hampshire!
  • Is that the Surrey who have just failed to defend a 200+ score? 
  • supaclive said:
    The latter can easily happen if one team bats the full 20, but then no further play was possible. Indeed it's possible then that the audience would prefer a complete abandonment rather than the second team having a DL 5 over bat, which would then exceed the 24.5, though presumably if the second team only takes 4.4 overs you would still get a refund, which if anything seems a bit generous!

It does seem very harsh though when you have an incredibly truncated but finished game (14 over max) that no official part refund is given, especially as Surrey will no doubt have benefited from copious food and drink sales when everyone was waiting
  • Don’t think I will be posting the league table tonight. 
  • Stewart said:
    Don’t think I will be posting the league table tonight. 
    We'll still be top!
  • I see Surrey posted a decent 203-4 but still managed to lose with Somerset getting 207-2 in 18.4 overs!
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't see us winning this evening. At least we won against Surrey even if we don't get out money back. I couldn't go as was ill but my partner contribited to their drinl sales!
  • How did Surrey get on tonight?
  • We lost by 9 wickets with 4 overs to spare. We were always going to struggle with that sort of target on a small ground like Hove.

More of a worry was the fact that DBD had to bowl the last 5 balls of Qayyum's over presumably because he was injured. 
  • We lost by 9 wickets with 4 overs to spare. We were always going to struggle with that sort of target on a small ground like Hove.

More of a worry was the fact that DBD had to bowl the last 5 balls of Qayyum's over presumably because he was injured. 
    We had to lose sometime and after five successive wins I'd sooner do it in a relatively meaningless group game.

Another couple of wins should ensure qualification and hopefully we can do better than that and get a home quarter final.

15.1 | Imran Qayyum leaves the field after a nasty blow to the hand from his own bowling

Does leave us very thin on the spin bowling front if he's out on Sunday
  • LouisMend said:
    That game was in July. Kent won  :)
  • Just remembered. I must check the score.
  • LouisMend said:
    That game was in July. Kent won  :)
    Yes I know it was against Kent; gutted I missed it. I might have half been interested in the alernative game if it was against Kent. I think we will make the T20 quarters; just a case of where and when

15.1 | Imran Qayyum leaves the field after a nasty blow to the hand from his own bowling

Does leave us very thin on the spin bowling front if he's out on Sunday
    Jaa. Jas. Wake up. You are nreded....

• Oh ok, it still looks good.