Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2019

Comments

• LenGlover said:
    We seem to have a few walking wounded. Stewart retired hurt, Klaassen didn't finish his final over and Qayyum missed the match today.
    Klaasen isn’t injured, he was withdrawn because of the 2 high no-balls 
  • craigcafc said:
    LenGlover said:
    We seem to have a few walking wounded. Stewart retired hurt, Klaassen didn't finish his final over and Qayyum missed the match today.
    Didn't realise that. Thanks for letting me know.
  • LenGlover said:
    craigcafc said:
    LenGlover said:
    Didn't realise that. Thanks for letting me know.
    Was a bizarre over!
  • edited August 2019
    MrOneLung said:
    Do we only play 15 group games and not 16 ?

looking at fixtures we have 2 away games, then 5 home games then 1 more away game. 

Am I going mad? 
    For some reason, I'm guessing time, we play all but 2 teams twice and 2 teams only once I think. So 14 games in total
  • edited August 2019
    Another exciting finish against Hants once again winning it with the penultimate ball. Hope Stewart is Ok, looked a bit innocuous when he slid in at the end there. For a moment I was worried the thick edge off Milnes bat was surely landing in Woods hands before it plunked and span off for a four right in front of us.
  • Following the amazing stat that Jason Roy has never batted for longer than 3.5 hours in any form of cricket, ever(!), Kent sign a bowler as a pro who has only once taken more than three wickets in an innings in his entire club career!  Good luck Marcus!
  • On the telly Saturday v Somerset.
  • Any other west country lifers going to Nevil Road tonight?
  • Struggling a bit this evening 29-2 off 5.
  • Sponsored links:

• 73-3 off 12
  • edited August 2019
    93-5 off 15......bit of a struggle here.
  • Going to be tough to win this I reckon.
  • Oh dear. 

Reminding us not to count our chickens....
  • edited August 2019
    DBD can't bat for 20 overs and only get 62 !
  • 125-8 off 20.
    We are up against it here!
  • Not a good score -anyone know why?
  • Crawley out first ball didn’t help!
  • bit breezy here slow outfield they fielded exceptionally however think we would have needed 20 more
  • These Gloucs commentators are driving me mad !! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Genuinely think we are still in this, such a tacky outfield. Couple more wickets they'll freak out
  • Cider maybe flew too much for that opinion...
  • We looked like we was in it near the end but Milne bowled horrendously tonight
  • Not seen anything, but that seems a weak batting performance against a workmanlike bowling attack (other than Tye)
  • Sounded pretty poor all round tonight .

Are we losing the plot ?

Won't be at Taunton or the next 2 at Canterbury as will be in the New Forest with family.

The lads will have to cope without Fanny again. 
  • If you'd been given the option back in June after 8 group matches to have won 6 and lost 2 you'd have bitten their hand off.

Tonight was annoying but we are still well placed.
  • Leicestershire captain took world record 7-18 tonight

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/49226917
  • MrOneLung said:
    Leicestershire captain took world record 7-18 tonight

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/49226917
    Watched it. 
    Was really the most underwhelming world record I’ve ever seen. 
    The Bears were more like kittens. 
  • Allan Donald to leave Kent at the end of the season. We aim to recruit both bowling and batting coaches who will be available for 12 months a year.

Having seen Jonathan Trott at work recently I would hope that the latter might be him.
  • Allan Donald to leave Kent at the end of the season. We aim to recruit both bowling and batting coaches who will be available for 12 months a year.

Having seen Jonathan Trott at work recently I would hope that the latter might be him.
    I know Trotty was a good player , but any good as a coach ?