Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2019

Comments

• When would they be able to play? The T20 campaign needs a boost
  • Faf du plessis!! What a signing 
  • Thought Kent threw it away last night - they were strolling after 12 overs.
    Missed the Surrey innings as my fkight was late but strange ground - like a hotpotch of sone new but mainly old stands but i woukd like  one of those apartments overlooking the ground. 
    To be honest, Canterbury is a bit of a dump really! The open seating is ancient too
    But it has fantastic heritage and lasting appeal.......it’s one of a kind and long may it be so.
    It may be a bit of a dump..........but it’s our bit of a dump.
    Like a pair of favourite tattered slippers you just don’t want to, or simply can’t, get rid of.
  • Blimey.......what a coup!!!
  • Thought Kent threw it away last night - they were strolling after 12 overs.
    Missed the Surrey innings as my fkight was late but strange ground - like a hotpotch of sone new but mainly old stands but i woukd like  one of those apartments overlooking the ground. 
    To be honest, Canterbury is a bit of a dump really! The open seating is ancient too
    But it has fantastic heritage and lasting appeal.......it’s one of a kind and long may it be so.
    It may be a bit of a dump..........but it’s our bit of a dump.
    Like a pair of favourite tattered slippers you just don’t want to, or simply can’t, get rid of.
    What happened to the tree?
  • What we really need is a death bowler. 
  • edited August 2019
    What we really need is a death bowler. 
    What difference does it make if a bowler can hear or not?

Err, I'll get my coat....
  • The Vital(ity) Kent v Gloucs game will be shown live on Sky on Thursday
  • The Vital(ity) Kent v Gloucs game will be shown live on Sky on Thursday
    Just bought our tickets.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just thought i'd mention to you guys that if we win on (whenever) and you lose v Gloucs then we are on the same points !
    Momentum.
  • Just thought i'd mention to you guys that if we win on (whenever) and you lose v Gloucs then we are on the same points !
    Momentum.
    Quite the charmer, aren't you, Pres.

:-)
  • Last game v Essex
    Momentum.
    And the good news is that you still won't qualify for the finals - but we will because Essex will have nothing to play for in the final match
  • edited August 2019
    Just thought i'd mention to you guys that if we win on (whenever) and you lose v Gloucs then we are on the same points !
    Momentum.
    And the good news is that you still won't qualify for the finals - but we will because Essex will have nothing to play for in the final match

Theres 9 teams in each league - does that not mean 16 games ?? Or is it some stupid plan that you dont play all teams home and away?

So, reading between the lines, its 14 games ? - in which case isnt that a bit unfair on the teams that have had to play Sussex twice against the 2 teams that have only had to play them once?

Looking at the Table, if we do win and get to 14 points, then i suppose its quite possible that both Kent and Surrey *could* qualify - if you beat Gloucs, and Somerset dont win their last one, then its quite a possibility - a slim one, but it is possible.

EDIT: Gloucs have to play Kent and Sussex both away, so its possible for them to drop out, plus Somerset have to play Middx. So its looking a bit more rosier than i thought - however NRR not in our favour.

Momentum.

Theres 9 teams in each league - does that not mean 16 games ?? Or is it some stupid plan that you dont play all teams home and away?

So, reading between the lines, its 14 games ? - in which case isnt that a bit unfair on the teams that have had to play Sussex twice against the 2 teams that have only had to play them once?

Looking at the Table, if we do win and get to 14 points, then i suppose its quite possible that both Kent and Surrey *could* qualify - if you beat Gloucs, and Somerset dont win their last one, then its quite a possibility - a slim one, but it is possible.

EDIT: Gloucs have to play Kent and Sussex both away, so its possible for them to drop out, plus Somerset have to play Middx. So its looking a bit more rosier than i thought - however NRR not in our favour.

Bizarely it is only 14 games not 16 - I checked this before when I thought the same as you.

I don't think the same as you on who will qualify though!
    Momentum.

Bizarely it is only 14 games not 16 - I checked this before when I thought the same as you.

The fixture list really is a nonsense. I don't know why the games are so spread out, and there isn't a full 16 game home and away schedule as the August fixture calendar during the school holidays surely could be busier. We played last Friday then no game for 6 days, including nothing over the bank holiday weekend.

Momentum.

The fixture list really is a nonsense. I don't know why the games are so spread out, and there isn't a full 16 game home and away schedule as the August fixture calendar during the school holidays surely could be busier. We played last Friday then no game for 6 days, including nothing over the bank holiday weekend.

Agreed!
  • Looks tough for Surrey to qualify given they only have one game left.  Somerset play Middlesex so one of them gets to 15, and Kent play Gloucs so one of them gets to 16.  Leaving only 1 slot left.

Reckon one win sufficient for Kent to get through.  But they seem to have peaked too soon, and arguably were a tad fortunate in a few games.  Losing Milne to injury a big loss for all that he hadn't been firing on full cylinders.  Be interesting to see how Du Plessis goes, and if Billings can find some form. 

Presuming that sides level on points are decided on NRR?  Would count against both Surrey and Kent at this stage barring any landslide wins.
  • Think the worst case scenario for Kent is...
    Hampshire bt Middlesex
    Essex bt Surrey
    Hampshire bt Glamorgan
    Middlesex bt Somerset
    Gloucs bt Sussex

Would leave table like this (w/o two Kent games)

Sussex 19
    Gloucs 16
    Middlesex 15
    Hampshire 15
    Kent 14
    Somerset 13
    Essex 13
    Surrey 12
    Glamorgan 5

One win against either Gloucs or Essex then pushes us to 16 and through.

Actually, playing around with it, I think the only way Surrey can get through (barring any ties/NRs) is on NRR if Kent (or Gloucs) lose both their games.  Someone might be able to find one though?!

• Sponsored links:

• Looks tough for Surrey to qualify given they only have one game left.  Somerset play Middlesex so one of them gets to 15, and Kent play Gloucs so one of them gets to 16.  Leaving only 1 slot left.

Reckon one win sufficient for Kent to get through.  But they seem to have peaked too soon, and arguably were a tad fortunate in a few games.  Losing Milne to injury a big loss for all that he hadn't been firing on full cylinders.  Be interesting to see how Du Plessis goes, and if Billings can find some form. 

Presuming that sides level on points are decided on NRR?  Would count against both Surrey and Kent at this stage barring any landslide wins.
    Kent aren't in form. Even if we go through, I can't see us winning the competition

Kent aren't in form. Even if we go through, I can't see us winning the competition
    That's true! 

Sussex look very strong.  Assume they'd get Archer available too after the Tests finish.
  • Glad the game Is on sky then. Should be a good one 

That's true! 

Sussex look very strong.  Assume they'd get Archer available too after the Tests finish.
    And I would assume that Denly would be available for Kent. It would look something like this (albeit flexible according to the situation):

Denly
    DBD
    FDP
    Kuhn
    Billings
    Blake
    Robinson
    Viljeon
    Milnes
    Klaassen
    Qayuum

Clearly it will be our batting that wins games and not our bowling - unless we can recruit a strike bowler in time
  • Would assumed Crawley plays over Robinson?  Though that does push Blake down to 7!
  • edited August 2019
    Think the worst case scenario for Kent is...
    Hampshire bt Middlesex
    Essex bt Surrey
    Hampshire bt Glamorgan
    Middlesex bt Somerset
    Gloucs bt Sussex

Sussex 19
    Gloucs 16
    Middlesex 15
    Hampshire 15
    Kent 14
    Somerset 13
    Essex 13
    Surrey 12
    Glamorgan 5

Actually, playing around with it, I think the only way Surrey can get through (barring any ties/NRs) is on NRR if Kent (or Gloucs) lose both their games.  Someone might be able to find one though?!

Yeah, but if Gloucs *do* lose their last two (quite possible/probable), then Surrey have a good chance imo-as NRR will adjust accordingly, would need Middx to beat Somerset and then Surrey are in (and ready to slaughter anyone in front of them).

we'll probably lose to Essex now !!

• Anyone know who the 2 teams are that only played Sussex once?
  • Anyone know who the 2 teams are that only played Sussex once?
    Somerset and Essex
  • Think the worst case scenario for Kent is...
    Hampshire bt Middlesex
    Essex bt Surrey
    Hampshire bt Glamorgan
    Middlesex bt Somerset
    Gloucs bt Sussex

Sussex 19
    Gloucs 16
    Middlesex 15
    Hampshire 15
    Kent 14
    Somerset 13
    Essex 13
    Surrey 12
    Glamorgan 5

Yeah, but if Gloucs *do* lose their last two (quite possible/probable), then Surrey have a good chance imo-as NRR will adjust accordingly, would need Middx to beat Somerset and then Surrey are in (and ready to slaughter anyone in front of them).

we'll probably lose to Essex now !!

Think it's better for you (and more likely probably) that Kent lost both games.  Gloucs current NRR is 0.238, Kent 0.084, Surrey -0.179.

Possible Kent get thumped twice and Finch fires for Surrey that the difference gets covered
  • Would assumed Crawley plays over Robinson?  Though that does push Blake down to 7!
    Robinson is the keeper as Billings says he won't do so this season.