Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peterborough v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Evans has just been sacked by Peterborough.

nicked the post match buffet?
  • Dansk_Red said:

Portsmouth have an extra game after drawing with QPR.

Play Luton away on Tuesday.
  • 😯 Peterborough held high-flying Charlton to a draw today but it wasn't enough to save Steve Evans' job. 🚪 Posh have sacked their manager after just two wins in their last nine @SkyBetLeagueOne games.
  • JamesSeed said:

Decent end to end game, fairly even I guess, although I think we shaded it.

Reeeeeco. Was surprised how good he looked. Skinned their left back and put in a decent cross a couple of times. Generally looked lively.

Pratley worked his socks of, but goes unnoticed a bit.

Grant tried to be clever with the pen, but the keeper called his bluff. It was never a pen btw. Happened right in front of us. It was outside the box.

Could have done with the extra points though, the way other results went.

Having slogged round the park run, the standing up was a pain tbh.

Good to meet @Bedsaddick and catch up with the Museum’s excellent historian, in the absence of the Museum’s owner.

• For anyone saying that Williams should leave the diving back at Palace, If anybody was listening to IFollow Posh commentators today then they were saying that the Posh fans behind that goal said it wasnt a dive and was a stonewall penalty.
  • Sponsored links:

• For anyone saying that Williams should leave the diving back at Palace, If anybody was listening to IFollow Posh commentators today then they were saying that the Posh fans behind that goal said it wasnt a dive and was a stonewall penalty.

Replay of the dive - Williams has gone looking for it, his leg is out and he's going down before the contact as you can see daylight between the two legs

Replay of the dive - Williams has gone looking for it, his leg is out and he's going down before the contact as you can see daylight between the two legs
    Can you, really? I can't, and I don't know how you can be so sure, given the quality of that clip

As for Williams looking for it, what, pray, is the defender doing with his leg there? Stretching for cramp? At the very least, that outstretched leg left there says that a yellow is totally unjustified, and if you've got Posh fans saying that, then I think our player deserves a bit of a break.

Can you, really? I can't, and I don't know how you can be so sure, given the quality of that clip
    I've only posted that clip because its the only one I could find on twitter

I put it on slow motion at half-time as had it on iFollow myself so had a much clearer picture

I've only posted that clip because its the only one I could find on twitter

I put it on slow motion at half-time as had it on iFollow myself so had a much clearer picture
    I was on iFollow too, I'll see if I can watch it retrospectively.

Anyway, what is the defender doing with his leg? Would you be happy if a Charlton defender kept his leg out like that, after missing the ball?

You can take the boy out of Palarse...
  • Is Grant really leaving though? When did he last score from open play? Do Huddersfield really think he is going to step up to the Premier league level and save them from relegation?

Is Grant really leaving though? When did he last score from open play? Do Huddersfield really think he is going to step up to the Premier league level and save them from relegation?

Is Grant really leaving though? When did he last score from open play? Do Huddersfield really think he is going to step up to the Premier league level and save them from relegation?

Laddick01 said:

The most half assed penalty from a player who knew he was leaving

Yeah, nice one.

Hero to Zero ?
    What a rubbish comment and insult.

So last week he cared, this week he didn't.
    Taylor can miss two penalties and no criticism but Grant misses one and he gets slagged off.

He won 2 points for us last week with pen,
    this week the miss costs us 2 points.

It's footballs rollercoaster.
    Can't see how an away draw is a bad result against a team in top 6.

😯 Peterborough held high-flying Charlton to a draw today but it wasn't enough to save Steve Evans' job. 🚪 Posh have sacked their manager after just two wins in their last nine @SkyBetLeagueOne games.

Good! Nasty piece of work. No doubt some other desperate lower league side will employ him.

You can take the boy out of Palarse...
    Never a penalty. Can never understand players who dive when in good positions.
  • First game of season for me best thing was the atmosphere - fans were in superb voice all game was convinced that would win us the game but unfortunately lack quality in final third - too many stray passes.

Didn't look iike a pen from where I was standing in North stand but thought we were due some luck after some awful ref decisions against us leading up to it -their no17 was a complete pain in the arse diving all over the place.
  • Never a penalty for me.
  • Was Grant trying to do worse than Magennis's awful pen miss last season? Really was a crap penalty.
  • Sponsored links:

Seems an odd move as they are in the play off positions
  • At the game......the only difference between the two teams was Lyle Taylor!

Seems an odd move as they are in the play off positions
    Didnt really threaten us today though did they?

Their commentators were strange in saying that we didnt look a top six team for large periods yet if thats the case then Peterborough are nose diving to midtable, apart from a shocking Godden miss our goal was never at threat

I know we needed a win to keep up with the autos yet Peterborough needed a win to cement their Play-Off position more what with Doncaster being in the FA Cup today so have a game in hand
  • shame we didnt win, fairly well matched game, we perhaps shaded it 2nd half, anyway great atmosphere, we dominated the town/ground and didnt see any trouble.

Missed Taylor all day long, word is KG has gone which is a shame, Evans going made me laugh though, all in all a good day and the Queens Head is quality, looking forward to Fleetwood next week.
  • Very poor game. Support was amazing though. Must have been about 800 of us singing on the tube when we got back into London.
  • https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/peterborough-united/11618786/peterborough-0-0-charlton

None the wiser re Williams pen, when i try to stop frame it I get a blurred picture. I can see that outstretched blue leg though...
  • Phillips coming out and pushing away that cross in the closing stages was an amazing piece of goalkeeping and absolutely saved us the draw. Feels like with Maxwell coming in, with a reputation of coming for everything, he's upped his game in that regard. Was the best bit of play we did in the game tbh
  • Leuth said:

Phillips coming out and pushing away that cross in the closing stages was an amazing piece of goalkeeping and absolutely saved us the draw. Feels like with Maxwell coming in, with a reputation of coming for everything, he's upped his game in that regard. Was the best bit of play we did in the game tbh

Enjoy it because at this rate we're losing Phillips in the summer regardless if we want him to stay or not