Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peterborough v Charlton - Post Match Views

123457»

Comments

• Options

Valley11 said:

JamesSeed said:

Valley11 said:

ross1 said:

As someone has already mentioned, if the club knew Grant was going as he had asked to go, and if it is true he did not train on Friday, why was he allowed to take such an important penalty, although perhaps that is why the shot was pathetic

Ummm maybe because he scored one in injury time under huge pressure to win us the 3 points the previous Sat.

Don’t be daft. If he’d not taken it because he’s leaving and Reeves, say, missed - you’d be saying ‘why the hell didn’t our penalty taker take it?!?!? The least he could do before he left was have the bottle to step up’.
    People miss penalties. Move on.
    Who do you think would take pens in his and Taylor’s absence? (And Fosu’s too).

Pratley? Bielik? Williams?
    The big left boot of Naby?
    Not Reeves because, as someone brillisntly said here, he’s a bit ‘sponge foot’.
    It’s more about placement than power most times so Reeves or Williams.
    If you can execute it, placement and power is a wonderful combination. Top corner either side of the net beats
    Off_it said:

There are only really three outcomes for a penalty. You miss the target, the keeper saves or you score.

So using Charlton Life logic that means you have a one in three chance of scoring, or 33%.

That makes me feel a whole lot better about my own 50% strike rate over the years (two taken, one scored).

Thank you Charlton Life for cheering up my day. That miss on Hilly Fields had been haunting me for over 30 years!

Off_it said:

There are only really three outcomes for a penalty. You miss the target, the keeper saves or you score.

So using Charlton Life logic that means you have a one in three chance of scoring, or 33%.

That makes me feel a whole lot better about my own 50% strike rate over the years (two taken, one scored).

Thank you Charlton Life for cheering up my day. That miss on Hilly Fields had been haunting me for over 30 years!

Hilly Fields? That's where I honed all my skills.

Yep. I once scored a goal from the halfway line at Hilly Fields - on the sloping pitch that had what felt like a 45 degree angle. Needless to say we were kicking downhill!