Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karlan Grant moves to Huddersfield

Comments

• Options

PopIcon said:

How many people would stay loyal to their company/place of work if a competitor came along and offered to quadruple their wages?

Me, my company have invested a lot in me and I have repaid that loyalty by staying when I could have gone elsewhere for a lot more money (ok it helps as her indoors has a great job at Barclays). Money isn't everything.

Its a sad state of affairs that this is the be all and end all of everything.

You seem to be judged by what you earn rather than the person you are these days.
    People that have money can invariably be a***holes.
  • Options

PopIcon said:

How many people would stay loyal to their company/place of work if a competitor came along and offered to quadruple their wages?

You seem to be judged by what you earn rather than the person you are these days.
    Yes, my experience also.

• Options

Shocked he doesnt include Bradley Wright Phillips in that list of Charlton goalscorers or Yann Kermorgant

• Options

Shocked he doesnt include Bradley Wright Phillips in that list of Charlton goalscorers or Yann Kermorgant

Not really a shock he'd prefer to reference his playing time.. rather than managerial stint here
  • Options
    On the bench.
  • Options
    Got the last 7 minutes by which time they were 2 down.
  • Options
    Was it his goal? 
    If it was, he’s scored more premier goals than the spanner’s.
  • Options
    Was it his goal? 
    No....own goal. He was close by but I think the Arsenal defender was quicker to react.....and didn't want his team to be shamed as being  the first to conceed one to him.

Doesn't matter though. He got 7 mins & more handshakes from proper football stars.....something he can tell his grandkids in years to come.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hudds > London is less than 3 hours on the train, it's hardly a long way.
    The perspective of someone living in one of the biggest countries in the world
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Was it his goal? 
    No....own goal. He was close by but I think the Arsenal defender was quicker to react.....and didn't want his team to be shamed as being  the first to conceed one to him.

Doesn't matter though. He got 7 mins & more handshakes from proper football stars.....something he can tell his grandkids in years to come.

• Options

A fair point, but I managed to travel back from Hull to see family, friends and Chatlton on a students income.

I'm sure Grant will be able to manage.
  • Options
    Taylor was very clear that he thought Grant made the right decision.
  • Options
    agim said:
    I really don't understand the criticism he is receiving.  He has moved to a club and bettered himself. As Charlton fans we are always bias towards our club but we all know the place is a joke at the moment. Hes playing in the premier league,  earning more money and when they get relegated he will still be in a better position then us!
    The criticism is merely down to people reacting to disappointment in different ways. 

Some can see the reality immediately and understand why he left, some will do the same but know it’s a shame as it’s a massive (in the non-Sheffield definition) hit to our season, some will just be angry and only see Grant as a Judas who has intentionally ruined our season because he’s selfish. 
  • Options
    When you go to a Club where the top goal scorer has 3 goals all season and the 2nd top scorer is own goals you just know that you can't do much worse!
  • Options
    When you go to a Club where the top goal scorer has 3 goals all season and the 2nd top scorer is own goals you just know that you can't do much worse!
    And yet he does not get a start?? A whole 7 minutes to try and get level with that great player "own goals". 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Roland’s aim was the same as LB’s (ie promotion) we never would have sold Grant at this point in the season.
  • Options
    If Roland’s aim was the same as LB’s (ie promotion) we never would have sold Grant at this point in the season.
    As much as we all hate Roland - not sure about that.  Pretty much any League One side offered £1.5m - £2m for a player with only six months to go on his contract, who could walk for nothing on 1st July, would cash in.  There are 2 bigger issues:  (1) Why hadn't he been signed to a longer contract? (2) Why wasn't all, or some of the money, given to Bowyer to replace him...?
  • Options
    cafc-west said:
    As much as we all hate Roland - not sure about that.  Pretty much any League One side offered £1.5m - £2m for a player with only six months to go on his contract, who could walk for nothing on 1st July, would cash in.  There are 2 bigger issues:  (1) Why hadn't he been signed to a longer contract? (2) Why wasn't all, or some of the money, given to Bowyer to replace him...?
    Agreed, but the others would cash in because they had to.
    We have a billionaire owner.
    Who treats every pound euro as a prisoner these days.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    And then you are left on the bench for your first 2 games, coming on for 15 & 7 mins respectively. So, by your reasoning, he is worse than that.....which just about says it all.

Yes, I'm bitter & yes, in my eyes he will always get pelters when he plays against us (for that he surely will, unlike Gomez or Shelvey) because he could have left in just 4 months time on a free. Maybe not "Premiership" wages but if he's as good as he thinks he is then I'm sure a big paying Championship side such as Aston Villa, Stoke or WBA would have been in for him. 
  • Options
    So Gomez who broke his contract is ok but Grant who broke his contract isn’t?

you probably hate Poyet who fulfilled his contract. 
  • Options
    And then you are left on the bench for your first 2 games, coming on for 15 & 7 mins respectively. So, by your reasoning, he is worse than that.....which just about says it all.

Yes, I'm bitter & yes, in my eyes he will always get pelters when he plays against us (for that he surely will, unlike Gomez or Shelvey) because he could have left in just 4 months time on a free. Maybe not "Premiership" wages but if he's as good as he thinks he is then I'm sure a big paying Championship side such as Aston Villa, Stoke or WBA would have been in for him. 
    We valued him so much that this time last year he was on loan at Crawley and we couldn't even show him the commitment of a longer term contract. He scores goals for us over the course of half a season and all of a sudden he becomes the reincarnation of Judas because he wants to leave. 

I do hope that you don't advise all your clients who have, perhaps, only a dozen years or so to retirement not to make that job move that will offer them guaranteed and spectacular returns and set them and their family up for life just in case a better job offer might come along later. After all, the value of any investment contract can go down as well as up!