Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karlan Grant moves to Huddersfield

Comments

• Options
    When you go to a Club where the top goal scorer has 3 goals all season and the 2nd top scorer is own goals you just know that you can't do much worse!
    And then you are left on the bench for your first 2 games, coming on for 15 & 7 mins respectively. So, by your reasoning, he is worse than that.....which just about says it all.

Yes, I'm bitter & yes, in my eyes he will always get pelters when he plays against us (for that he surely will, unlike Gomez or Shelvey) because he could have left in just 4 months time on a free. Maybe not "Premiership" wages but if he's as good as he thinks he is then I'm sure a big paying Championship side such as Aston Villa, Stoke or WBA would have been in for him. 
    We valued him so much that this time last year he was on loan at Crawley and we couldn't even show him the commitment of a longer term contract. He scores goals for us over the course of half a season and all of a sudden he becomes the reincarnation of Judas because he wants to leave. 

I do hope that you don't advise all your clients who have, perhaps, only a dozen years or so to retirement not to make that job move that will offer them guaranteed and spectacular returns and set them and their family up for life just in case a better job offer might come along later. After all, the value of any investment contract can go down as well as up! 

First.....it was Robinson who sent him out to Crawley last year after hardly playing him & when he did play him played him out wide. LB obviously thought he was a striker & had enough faith in him to partner him with Taylor all this season without droping him.

Second. I dont advise client's on job moves,, contracts or life decisions. 

Think it's best we just agree to disagree.

• Options

Thank goodness for that , you really are bizarre not to be able to see the no brainer on offer to him .
    he gets a small window of opportunity and as someone who is not exactly a guaranteed hot property he has to make hay when the sun shines .

what if your client was getting a return on an investment of say £3k a month with 6 months left to run
    and the same mob were offering them £6k for another 4 years but another firm came in and offered them a right here right now guaranteed if you move it across opportunity of say £20k for 4 years .
    you know the £6k will be there in 6 months
    the 20k might not be and there’s a minuscule chance of there being a 25k return being offered somewhere but a more than likely smaller offer available 

What would your advice be 

• Options
    I thought financial advisors were meant to be rational thinkers...
  • Options

Thank goodness for that , you really are bizarre not to be able to see the no brainer on offer to him .
    he gets a small window of opportunity and as someone who is not exactly a guaranteed hot property he has to make hay when the sun shines .

what if your client was getting a return on an investment of say £3k a month with 6 months left to run
    and the same mob were offering them £6k for another 4 years but another firm came in and offered them a right here right now guaranteed if you move it across opportunity of say £20k for 4 years .
    you know the £6k will be there in 6 months
    the 20k might not be and there’s a minuscule chance of there being a 25k return being offered somewhere but a more than likely smaller offer available 

What would your advice be 

The 6k might not even be there. He waits til the summer, does a cruciate ligament injury with a 2 year absence in April. Roland is hardly mr sentimental and decides not to offer him a new deal to sit being injured for 2 years, and he’s then out of a contract and out of a job rather than being guaranteed the 20k for the next 4 years to come...
  • Options
    Football fans generally aren’t, however. I would imagine it’s Golfies passion for his football club speaking rather than his rational financial advice being offered on this subject.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    So Gomez who broke his contract is ok but Grant who broke his contract isn’t?

you probably hate Poyet who fulfilled his contract. 
    didnt gomez sign a contract so that we got money ? or have i made that up
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Football fans generally aren’t, however. I would imagine it’s Golfies passion for his football club speaking rather than his rational financial advice being offered on this subject.
    Precisely. I once got divorced because of my "passion" for my football team. Giving financial advice is completely different. 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    shine166 said:
    MrOneLung said:

Yes. Signed a new contract knowing that we would let him leave if we got a decent offer....we knew a couple of clubs were already interested. Was told this by RM at a Bromley meeting 
  • Options
    And you believed Murray you fool, Murray tells people what they want to hear. I don't blame him for leaving I blame the owner for not replacing him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And you believed Murray you fool, Murray tells people what they want to hear. I don't blame him for leaving I blame the owner for not replacing him.
    This absolutely. The anger over losing a striker should be directed at Roland not Grant. When Grant left, Charlton received 1.5 million pounds. It is the owner’s decision not to spend it on a adequate replacement.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    MrOneLung said:

He signed a pro deal (and I think a second about 6 months later) but then so did the other young players that left at 18/19/20. His contract wasn't due to expire in the summer he left if that's what you mean.

Poyet and Jenkinson both left at the end of their contracts but we still got compensation. £1m or so for Jenkinson wasn't it and possibly more than that for Poyet?
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    The Charlatan........
  • Options
    Any working person offered double money to do the same job would jump at it.  It's no longer a sport, it's a business.

• Options
    It *might* just glance off his knee
  • Options
    definitely off his knee imo.
  • Options
    definitely off his knee imo.
    Looks like his goal to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Karlan's goal for me.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Funny thing is, if it did hit him then he was in an offside position when the other bloke took his shot so it shouldn’t have counted! I say that as Karlan fan and I hope he scores more between now and the end of the season.
  • Options
    Funny thing is, if it did hit him then he was in an offside position when the other bloke took his shot so it shouldn’t have counted! I say that as Karlan fan and I hope he scores more between now and the end of the season.
    Was he offside? 

If he was it was marginal in my view. Two defenders running with him playing him on I reckon.
  • Options
    Don’t think he touched it but definitely put the defenders off which led to the ball going in.
  • Options
    I could be wrong but is Karlan not behind the keeper when the initial shot is taken, if so is he then not offside as he is behind the keepe
  • Options
    Karlan's goal for me.
  • Options
    Ridiculous 
  • Options
    In off his Knob

• Options
    Including all add-ons I reckon £5 per goal scored of his knob could prove worthwhile