Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 19/20

Comments

• Options
    One game ban for Rudolph? For what?

Until Garrett swung the helmet, this was no different than countless other altercations you see regularly. Players get upset. Pushing and shoving ensues. Flags are thrown, penalties get assessed and they all get a fine. If someone threw a punch they get ejected. End of. 

That’s exactly what would have happened here if Garrett hadn’t decided to swing the helmet. The only guy I think was hard done by in this was the Browns player who got a one game suspension for pushing Rudolph over. That was excessive. It should have been just another fine. 
    For pulling at Garetts helmet, kicking him and then charging at him when he was already being pushed back.
    Not like him missing a game would hurt the Steelers, hes awful.

I don't agree that Ogunjobi was treated harshly. He came in to shove Rudolph from behind after most of the fighting was already done. Maybe you are right that if this didn't escalate then Rudolph and Ogunjobi get away with offsetting penalties and thats the end of this, but it did escalate and I think all of the major parties should serve a suspension to set an example.

It really was a fun game before this happened by the way, and I'm sure we were even cheering at some of the fighting at the time too, until we calmed down left the stadium and got to see what actually happened.

I'm pretty disappointed in Myles by the way. I'm not a Browns fan as such but as my buddy is a season ticket holder I've had a soft spot for the team for a few years and actually bought a #95 jersey ahead of Sundays game vs the Browns, mostly because they wanted me to cover my my Ertz jersey!
  • Options
    One game ban for Rudolph? For what?

Until Garrett swung the helmet, this was no different than countless other altercations you see regularly. Players get upset. Pushing and shoving ensues. Flags are thrown, penalties get assessed and they all get a fine. If someone threw a punch they get ejected. End of. 

That’s exactly what would have happened here if Garrett hadn’t decided to swing the helmet. The only guy I think was hard done by in this was the Browns player who got a one game suspension for pushing Rudolph over. That was excessive. It should have been just another fine. 
    Isn't the punishment for the Steelers that Mason Rudolph is available to play, a one game ban would probably be beneficial!

I really thought Devin 'Duck' Hodges played better at quarterback, Rudolph looks pretty inept.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Was going to ask if you travelled with the British Bulldawgs group as they were in Cleveland this week but just seen your post above, I bet it was a great atmosphere.
  • Options
    el-pietro said:
    supaclive said:
    el-pietro said:
    supaclive said:
    el-pietro said:
    supaclive said:
    Foles has won a Superbowl.....
    The Eagles won the Super Bowl. Foles was part of the team. He didn't do it on his own. Hes also crazy inconsistent. I love Foles, he was amazing in that game and the Conference game but I'd go with a healthy Wentz every single day of the week. The only question about Wentz is whether he can stay on the field, his quality cannot be questioned.
    Wentz also took them into the playoffs that year. Are we forgetting the Rams version of Foles? 
    @The Red Robin Wentz is not taking you anywhere this year.  Poor versus Washington for 3 quarters and a defeat last night.

The Dak attack is going to see Them Cowboys win the NFC East this year.

I don't think we'll beat the eventual AFC Divisional champions though.
    Did you watch the game? Wentz did pretty well considering the circumstances. Eagles were missing WR1, WR2 and TE2 for the entire game pretty much. Had to keep going with the same personal on every drive, with the exception of when they brought in an extra lineman to change it up.

He also made some incredible throws in difficult circumstances, one throw in particular stands out where he threw the ball while being dragged to his knees. He also probably did enough to win the game but for Nelson Agholors butter fingers down the left sideline with about 2 minutes to go and open field in front of him. Even despite that miss he managed to drag the team out of some deep holes on 4th down and was half a yard away from getting one more first down with time running out, but Ertz just couldn't get enough momentum.

Eagles have some issues to work on, particlulary the D-Line who are not getting close enough to the opposing QB, a secondary where no one appears to be first choice, and now some injury concerns, but Wentz is not even remotely a concern for me. He looks back to his mobile best from 2017, dancing away from tackles as if he were houdini, I wouldn't trade him for Dak straight up.

1-1 after two games, including a tough road game against a team with something to prove? I'm excited for this season. Also, F*** Dallas.

@el-pietro @The Red Robin @Callumcafc Is there actually ANY question now that Dak is better than Wentz?!

He may be the ONLY reason the Cowboys make the play offs this year.  Our Head Coach just isn't good enough and The Eagles still think they are Superbowl champs.

Either of these sides are probably one and done in the Play offs.  Eagles need to remember it's 2020 next year and the Cowboys need a coaching change otherwise it'll be a waste of what is a deep playing squad.

Big weekend coming.
    Dak is definitely having a better season, but I'd still pick Carson over him going forward. Just need to give him some players who can actually catch the ball.
    He wasn't great against New England to be honest, but if he had a receiver or two we'd have won that game.
    Still think the Birds can win the division though I'm not confident about it. Expect to lose to Seattle Sunday (who might be the best team in the NFL) and then win out vs New York (x2), Washington and Miami with the division be settled in Philadelphia Christmas week in the head to head game with Dallas.
    You DO.know that the Cowboys receivers are LAST for separation from defenders this year and also tied 2nd last for MOST drops.

That makes Dak's season even more remarkable seeing as Zeke is only 8th in running backs too!
  • Options
    The Cowboys coaches need to start putting the ball in Dak’s hands more from the start. 

We are still predictably trying to push the ball down people’s throats from the first drive and Zeke is struggling to beat the loaded boxes that teams are putting up against us.

We need to open up the field with the passing game and then put the ball in Zeke’s hands once the opposition realise they’re getting torched on the outside.
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    el-pietro said:
    supaclive said:
    el-pietro said:
    supaclive said:
    el-pietro said:
    supaclive said:
    Foles has won a Superbowl.....
    The Eagles won the Super Bowl. Foles was part of the team. He didn't do it on his own. Hes also crazy inconsistent. I love Foles, he was amazing in that game and the Conference game but I'd go with a healthy Wentz every single day of the week. The only question about Wentz is whether he can stay on the field, his quality cannot be questioned.
    Wentz also took them into the playoffs that year. Are we forgetting the Rams version of Foles? 
    @The Red Robin Wentz is not taking you anywhere this year.  Poor versus Washington for 3 quarters and a defeat last night.

The Dak attack is going to see Them Cowboys win the NFC East this year.

I don't think we'll beat the eventual AFC Divisional champions though.
    Did you watch the game? Wentz did pretty well considering the circumstances. Eagles were missing WR1, WR2 and TE2 for the entire game pretty much. Had to keep going with the same personal on every drive, with the exception of when they brought in an extra lineman to change it up.

He also made some incredible throws in difficult circumstances, one throw in particular stands out where he threw the ball while being dragged to his knees. He also probably did enough to win the game but for Nelson Agholors butter fingers down the left sideline with about 2 minutes to go and open field in front of him. Even despite that miss he managed to drag the team out of some deep holes on 4th down and was half a yard away from getting one more first down with time running out, but Ertz just couldn't get enough momentum.

Eagles have some issues to work on, particlulary the D-Line who are not getting close enough to the opposing QB, a secondary where no one appears to be first choice, and now some injury concerns, but Wentz is not even remotely a concern for me. He looks back to his mobile best from 2017, dancing away from tackles as if he were houdini, I wouldn't trade him for Dak straight up.

1-1 after two games, including a tough road game against a team with something to prove? I'm excited for this season. Also, F*** Dallas.

@el-pietro @The Red Robin @Callumcafc Is there actually ANY question now that Dak is better than Wentz?!

He may be the ONLY reason the Cowboys make the play offs this year.  Our Head Coach just isn't good enough and The Eagles still think they are Superbowl champs.

Either of these sides are probably one and done in the Play offs.  Eagles need to remember it's 2020 next year and the Cowboys need a coaching change otherwise it'll be a waste of what is a deep playing squad.

Big weekend coming.
    Dak is definitely having a better season, but I'd still pick Carson over him going forward. Just need to give him some players who can actually catch the ball.
    He wasn't great against New England to be honest, but if he had a receiver or two we'd have won that game.
    Still think the Birds can win the division though I'm not confident about it. Expect to lose to Seattle Sunday (who might be the best team in the NFL) and then win out vs New York (x2), Washington and Miami with the division be settled in Philadelphia Christmas week in the head to head game with Dallas.
    You DO.know that the Cowboys receivers are LAST for separation from defenders this year and also tied 2nd last for MOST drops.

That makes Dak's season even more remarkable seeing as Zeke is only 8th in running backs too!
    And he has Amari Cooper performing miracles every week.
    Wentz has literally no one, some of the drops have been ridiculous for the Eagles and no one is making difficult catches to make up for that.

And for as good as Dak has been the Boys are one win better than the Birds.

• Options
    Some data pulled together by an Eagles fan showing how bad the Philly receivers have been

Eagles receivers are the worst in the league at catching balls thrown to them. Cowboys are middle of the pack.

• Options

Was as at the Jets @ Redskins game on Sunday - think the Redskins may have put in one if the worst sporting performances I’ve ever seen (and I’ve been to quite a few Charlton v Millwall matches!) 
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Was as at the Jets @ Redskins game on Sunday - think the Redskins may have put in one if the worst sporting performances I’ve ever seen (and I’ve been to quite a few Charlton v Millwall matches!) 
    Depressing to see. They really need a franchise quarter back and then build from there. RG3 failed and the injury to Alex Smith was tragic. Always thought Cousins was under rated and therefore not trusted.

Hopefully the Nationals winning the world series will point the way forward for my beloved redskins,  but I seriously doubt it.
  • Options
    They should never have missed Cousins around. They need new owners, utter shambles.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @se9addick when was the photo taken.  I heard the crowd was low, but for an NFL game in Washington that looks shockingly bad. 
  • Options
    It was at some point during the first quarter, it didn’t get much busier and got significantly emptier in the fourth quarter (unsurprisingly). Circa 50% of the fans there were Jets fans
  • Options
    There are tickets going right now for Sundays game vs the Lions for as low as $6. They need a new owner first and foremost before they start fixing on field problems.
  • Options
    thought they had a 20 year sell out streak going ?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    thought they had a 20 year sell out streak going ?
    Quite possibly. If it’s like the Pats, it’s almost 100% season tickets. But if we can’t use them, you put the up for sale and they go in minutes. Empty seats means nobody wants to buy them. $6 is giving them away.  

When the Pats were really bad the joke was some guy had two tickets to get rid of. Counsel them so he left them under his windscreen wipers in a car park for someone to take.  When he came back, there were four tickets. 
  • Options
    el-pietro said:
    Some data pulled together by an Eagles fan showing how bad the Philly receivers have been

Eagles receivers are the worst in the league at catching balls thrown to them. Cowboys are middle of the pack.

Wentz stinking it up AGAIN
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    el-pietro said:

Wentz stinking it up AGAIN
    Wentz and Dak aren't the only two players in the league... 

Also, who saw the Jets coming today? Certainly not me... 
  • Options
    Typical Raiders. Sigh. 
  • Options
    el-pietro said:
    There are tickets going right now for Sundays game vs the Lions for as low as $6. They need a new owner first and foremost before they start fixing on field problems.
    Looks like those who did decide to fork out $6 are going to see their side beat the Lions.  
  • Options
    Jags concede two touchdowns in 20 seconds !! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Jags concede two touchdowns in 20 seconds !! 
    We have looked worse than the Bengals have all year today. Genuine. Absolutely appalling. 

Minshew in, front office and coaches out, ESPECIALLY Todd Wash. 
  • Options
    Redskins play off surge gathering momentum :)
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Just watched the highlights of last night's game. The Ravens look unplayable. Can't wait for next week's potential Superbowl preview against the 49ers.
  • Options
    I think at 4/1, Ravens are a great bet for the Super Bowl. Highly unlikely they're not one of the top two seeds for the AFC, and they've already beaten the Pats this season. Then SB matchup - well, if they beat the Niners next week then the odds collapse so I'd take 4/1 now.
  • Options
    MVP.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    I think at 4/1, Ravens are a great bet for the Super Bowl. Highly unlikely they're not one of the top two seeds for the AFC, and they've already beaten the Pats this season. Then SB matchup - well, if they beat the Niners next week then the odds collapse so I'd take 4/1 now.
    Nah! I’ll take the Buffalo Bills to pull of a huge surprise at 80/1
  • Options
    Oh Raiders.....WTF!
  • Options
    Oh Raiders.....WTF!
    Defence has been playing so well and then get run over by the bloody Jets. 

• Options
    Still, Raiders going 11-5 baby. 
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Nah! I’ll take the Buffalo Bills to pull of a huge surprise at 80/1
    "Josh "White Michael Vick Lamar Jackson" Allen"

Think he can be a class QB, but he hasn't quite got the talent the Ravens have to supplement Lamar.