Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Naby Sarr.

Comments

• Options
    I said it before the game, we needed fighters, we needed experience

Sarr is a great player for us but like Pratley we have to pick the right games for him

Like Leko, today was not the right game for him!!
  • Options
    I grew to like naby and thought he was top drawer but since that penalty miss he's been very average. 
  • Options
    To be expected but some huge huge overreactions here. He was, undoubtedly, absolutely diabolically bad today. Ropey last week too. Been generally good this season though and had some excellent games. A confidence player who needs support when his form is shaking, not dogs abuse. Doubtless it’s what he’ll be getting from here on in though. I’m sure some won’t be happy until they’ve hounded him out the club now. We’ve seen it before with players singled out as losing us this fixture. 
    I seriously doubt he reads this forum. It is a place to express opinion, is it not ?
  • Options
    To be expected but some huge huge overreactions here. He was, undoubtedly, absolutely diabolically bad today. Ropey last week too. Been generally good this season though and had some excellent games. A confidence player who needs support when his form is shaking, not dogs abuse. Doubtless it’s what he’ll be getting from here on in though. I’m sure some won’t be happy until they’ve hounded him out the club now. We’ve seen it before with players singled out as losing us this fixture. 
    Honestly if he can't handle people saying bad things about him over the internet, he's probably in the wrong profession.
  • Options
    I met him and he is a really nice bloke...that’s where it ends.... don’t want to scapegoat him, but he falls apart when it matters...Missed Pen in the play off semi, disaster of a half in the final and went missing twice today when it mattered.
  • Options
    This will be the last season in a Charlton shirt for Nabs. On his day a great player, on many other days, shite. Consistency goes a long way in the Championship, Naby doesn't have it at this level
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    He is shit. End of 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No overreactions. At fault for both the goals which, as a defender (and tallest defender), isn’t good enough. I’m a big fan of Sarr, and on the whole he didn’t play too badly, but it’s only right he’s being called up on being at fault for both goals.

Bottled it. 
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    This will be the last season in a Charlton shirt for Nabs. On his day a great player, on many other days, shite. Consistency goes a long way in the Championship, Naby doesn't have it at this level
    Can you give me one example of him being a great player? Great in league one, sure thing, actually great? Leave off.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    I seriously doubt he reads this forum. It is a place to express opinion, is it not ?
    If you think after playing like that vs Millwall it’ll be confined to just this forum I think you’re being a bit naive. 
    He’s more loved than he deserves to be and very well paid . Sympathy very minimal , although we’ve got 3 weeks without an away game and our home crowd is exceedingly gentle. 
  • Options
    On today's performance he is a fuckin wanker. 
    Hate to have him in the trenches with me the fuckin melt 
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    Lets hope its his last game in a Charlton shirt.
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    This is the kind of absolute shit I'm going to be expecting for the next week or so. Go on, let it all out. 
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    Yep.
    He can fuck right of 
  • Options
    Sarr's got a habit of switching off and going into a dream world. He could get away with it in league one but players are too quick and skillful for that at this level. 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Lmfao. Knrw what I'd see coming to this thread. I'll repeat he is no good next to Pearce for some unknown reason but again I'm with Leuth on this one.

We KNEW deep down we'd lose today. Whilst Sarr disappointed me, many players did again today. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He has always reminded me of Miguel Llera a very good cultured left footed centre back who always has a mistake in him. 

Now like Miguel he has reserved his worst performance at the Den. 

Ironically when not a Charlton player Llera banished his personal Den ghost by scoring a late winner for Wednesday  
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    If you think after playing like that vs Millwall it’ll be confined to just this forum I think you’re being a bit naive. 
    He’s more loved than he deserves to be and very well paid . Sympathy very minimal , although we’ve got 3 weeks without an away game and our home crowd is exceedingly gentle. 
    So you’d rather have the team you support damaged by destroying the confidence of one of our players? We’ve got precious few to choose from as it is. 

Money etc is irrelevant his personality is his personality. We all have our flaws. He shouldn’t have played today because we all know he has a habit of making big errors in big games. That’s on Bowyer as much as anyone. Bowyer has also told us many times that the support of the fans has brought Sarr back to being a player who can contribute again. 

In less pressurised games he can and has been very good. He was brilliant for example vs Forest, had a great part in Bonne’s goal vs Derby with a pass someone like Pearce probably wouldn’t have seen or made and was part of the rearguard action that beat Leeds.
  • Options
    We have to give him all the support we can while we continues to play for us but I can't imagine Lee wanting to keep hold of him when his contract expires.
  • Options
    Bows should have took him off after 60 gone 442, they were there for the taking 
    We don't have an abundance of physical presence.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Bows should have took him off after 60 gone 442, they were there for the taking 
    We don't have an abundance of physical presence.
    We didn't with him on the pitch either, hence the two goals...
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Lmfao. Knrw what I'd see coming to this thread. I'll repeat he is no good next to Pearce for some unknown reason but again I'm with Leuth on this one.

We KNEW deep down we'd lose today. Whilst Sarr disappointed me, many players did again today. 
    Both goals nothing to do with being next to Pearce, the guy is just a liability. 
  • Options
    Makes no sense for me to comment further on this as I am just as pissed off as the rest of you and it will just bite me in the ass