Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Naby Sarr.

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2019
    We have to give him all the support we can while we continues to play for us but I can't imagine Lee wanting to keep hold of him when his contract expires.
    I've not seen any suggestions to start booing him at games, as that'd obviously be a ridiculous thing to do. Hopefully you're right about Bowyer getting shot though, as we can't have a player who just gifts possession and goals away like Sarr does.
  • Options
    Was not up to the Championship when we were here before, seems he still isn’t.  Doesn't have the winning mentality or battling qualities.  
  • Options
    We have to give him all the support we can while we continues to play for us but I can't imagine Lee wanting to keep hold of him when his contract expires.
    I've not seen any suggestions to start booing him at games, as that'd obviously be a ridiculous thing to do. Hopefully you're right about Bowyer getting shot though, as we can't have a player who just gifts possession and goals away like Sarr does.
    over the years Charlton has had the misfortune to play and us fans to watch a lot of fucking useless drongos .. BUT I never have and never will boo or heckle a Charlton player
  • Options
    Only seen highlights but at corners you defend against players behind you. Goalscorer was in front all the time so was someone else's responsibility. 2nd looked like a foul before Smith made connection with the ball. 
     Surely you still try to make the block if you can?

Not blaming Sarr alone for the loss, but he should have done better.
  • Options
    Only seen highlights but at corners you defend against players behind you. Goalscorer was in front all the time so was someone else's responsibility. 2nd looked like a foul before Smith made connection with the ball. 
    a matter of interpretation but no .. Sarr made no effort to jump for the ball and Smith just went for the header and in doing so went over Sarr who was motionless, not a foul .. in fact just like Pearce's header to set up Bauer's winner at Wembley
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
     Surely you still try to make the block if you can?

Not blaming Sarr alone for the loss, but he should have done better.
    I'm sure if Pearce was in that position, he would have grabbed him round the waist, but you can't get in front of a player a yard in front from a whipped in corner. 
  • Options
    a matter of interpretation but no .. Sarr made no effort to jump for the ball and Smith just went for the header and in doing so went over Sarr who was motionless, not a foul .. in fact just like Pearce's header to set up Bauer's winner at Wembley
    Didn't need to jump, it was going straight to his head until he was flattened. He maybe should have moved towards the ball and jumped, but as many have said, down the other end it would be a stonewall pen. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Only seen highlights but at corners you defend against players behind you. If guy peeled off and got in front of Naby, his fault. Goalscorer was in front all the time so was someone else's responsibility. 2nd looked like a foul before Smith made connection with the ball. 
    Hold up....so for the first goal Sarr wasn’t goal side of the bloke he was marking (who scored) ? That is his Fault. 
    The 2nd goal wasn’t a foul in a million years. If it was then we might not bother playing or watching football.  He switch off twice and we lost 2-1. 
  • Options
    Didn't need to jump, it was going straight to his head until he was flattened. He maybe should have moved towards the ball and jumped, but as many have said, down the other end it would be a stonewall pen. 
    "Maybe" should have moved towards the ball?

If he moves to attack the ball then the attacker wouldn't have been all over him.

If you stand there motionless waiting for the ball to come to you then invariably it doesn't arrive.
  • Options
    Sarr's positioning/movement for both goals was poor - I doubt he'd argue otherwise. Not commanding enough.
  • Options
    Live at the time in the ground thought he was totally at fault for the first goal. Second goal thought he was fouled. 
  • Options
    Given the outcome, i think it's fair to say that he probably did need to jump.

If he jumps then the Millwall guy couldn't have jumped over him, and Sarr would've either cleared it or the guy would've fouled him.
  • Options
    I specifically called him out as the one player who would let us down today and am not surprised it turned out the way it did. This sort of game with this sort of pressure is not for him.
  • Options
    Sorry but at corners you defend the player behind you. Scorer was in front of Sarr all the time. 
  • Options
    Sorry but at corners you defend the player behind you. Scorer was in front of Sarr all the time. 
    Fuckin behave 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Mate, you don’t. You defend against the player you have been designated to mark - wether that be Man to man or Zonal. In the build up to the game, The players would have been told who they should be picking up at set pieces and Sarr’s man for the first goal was Hutchinson.....who scored. 
    For the 2nd goal Sarr’s man was Smith (who scored and incidentally the bloke who was behind him) ...It’s all basic stuff and Sarr just doesn’t happen to be very good at it. 
    Not having a pop at you at all btw. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    I specifically called him out as the one player who would let us down today and am not surprised it turned out the way it did. This sort of game with this sort of pressure is not for him.
    Why find the need to call anyone out in advance of the game! Don’t think naby was at fault for their first either. Win together, lose together. Naby will be devastated by the loss. Hope he comes back stronger from this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2019
    cafctom said:
    Why find the need to call anyone out in advance of the game! Don’t think naby was at fault for their first either. Win together, lose together. Naby will be devastated by the loss. Hope he comes back stronger from this.
    Because that’s what I thought was going to happen, and it did. 
  • Options
    Can we sell him in January, rather than him walking for free in the summer?
  • Options
    Can't imagine we'd get much to be honest. 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    We definitely miss Bauer's aerial ability and Taylor to help out defending set pieces. Lockyer has been a very good signing and the loss of Bielik in midfield has been more than met by Gallagher. However we are not as strong in the air defensively and this needs addressing in the next transfer window imo.
  • Options
    definitive answer has come from Bowyer 'no it wasn't a pen' and ''some players need to look at themselves '' sorry Naby your days are numbered 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    We definitely miss Bauer's aerial ability and Taylor to help out defending set pieces. Lockyer has been a very good signing and the loss of Bielik in midfield has been more than met by Gallagher. However we are not as strong in the air defensively and this needs addressing in the next transfer window imo.
    Pratley wins a lot of aerial balls in our box defending set pieces. He was off the pitch though. 
  • Options
    Goal 2.

Nabys man, Naby doesn't win the ball

Simple as that
    The more I look at this the more evidence I see for a foul on Naby. He needs to be stronger though, nonetheless. Ref’s got a great view of it too but he let a lot go, they were kicking lumps out of Gallagher all match but he got about 3 free kicks all afternoon 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    On today’s showing I’m not sure there will be a queue of clubs wanting to pay money for him. 
  • Options
    Goal 1.

Goal 2.

Simple as that
    Straight talking Yorkshireman ;)