Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Naby Sarr.

Comments

• Options
    I don’t think he can jump with smith coming through like that. It’s his starting position is wrong. He needs to be along side smith marking him and then running in with him. To me his marking the zone and you can’t get above smith because his got the run and jump momentum 
  • Options
    He needs couple of games out of the team 100%. Two games in a row now he's been our worst player.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    So yeah, not inner anger so much as inner instinct and blocking out all thoughts when given a small amount of time. If that corner had been whipped in hard to the same space I'm sure he'd have cleared it 
    Most footballers can play on instinct, it's when they have a bit of time to make a decision that separates the good from the bad. 
  • Options
    That's one single aspect of being a footballer among many. It's not a simple case of good and bad. Sarr hasn't become a bad footballer in one moment, and he certainly wasn't one before. This is all a bit judgemental and witch-hunty
  • Options
    Until he learns to stay fully focused for the whole game he will always have moments like Saturday. 
    I hope he can do this but I'm not holding my breath. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    That's one single aspect of being a footballer among many. It's not a simple case of good and bad. Sarr hasn't become a bad footballer in one moment, and he certainly wasn't one before. This is all a bit judgemental and witch-hunty
    Didn't expect my comment to be taken so literally, I know there are more aspects but it's not a good sign when any player struggles when having thinking time. 
  • Options
    Sarr suffers from the footballer's equivalent of stage fright/he's more at home doing Pub Rock than starring at the Albert Hall
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolutely spot on mate 
  • Options
    Lack of desire is absolutely not the correct charge. Even on Saturday he was charging around putting tackles in and winning the ball high up the field with the best of them. It's a pressure thing. Not wanting it too little. That's a horrible thing to accuse him of - he never hides!

I'm just sad he had to make this error against this team. He's given his detractors all the ammunition they'll ever need  
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Lack of desire is absolutely not the correct charge. Even on Saturday he was charging around putting tackles in and winning the ball high up the field with the best of them. It's a pressure thing. Not wanting it too little. That's a horrible thing to accuse him of - he never hides!

I'm just sad he had to make this error against this team. He's given his detractors all the ammunition they'll ever need  
    Wrong.
    Just give up mate. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    No, I won't give up, when people accuse a player who clearly gives his all and was obviously in bits after his error of lacking desire. I won't have it and I won't let go. He clearly has a few issues that prevent him from being a top level player but this is not one of them and never was 
    I don't disagree about his lack of desire. 
    It's his lack of mental strength when under pressure that lets him down. 
    He got away with it most of the time in league one but the higher up the football pyramid you go the tougher it gets. 
    He is physically strong but mentally weak. 
  • Options
    Not sure what that defending was for the second goal if not desire.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Maybe, you make a food argument. My problem with him is in a 50/50 with someone like Smith I should always fancy the 6 foot 5 lump of muscle in a similar way I would if Linvoy Primus, John Terry, Sol Campbell or Danny Shittu was in a similar position. Problem is lack of desire can manifest itself in strange ways, I don't think he hides in terms of wanting the ball after he's shanked one straight out for a throw but either he is too indecisive which is what I think you are saying, and given the way he's been caught in possession over the entire time he's been with us is probably closer to the truth 

For me, and anyone else that second goal was absolutely defendable, you don't take your eyes off the ball, get up early, scream NABBYS UP and send it away. Matt Smith had a lot to do to score that and whilst defending them I don't imagine is fun for a character like Nabby in a game like Saturday, he didnt have time to think and be indecisive you watch the ball and dominate the space 

Easy for me to say I know 
  • Options
    At this level, every player is a 'liability'. We don't have Virgil Van Dijk
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We had 3 CB how do you know Sarr wasn’t told to zonal mark the back post while the other 2 marked runners always hard to out jump a runner when your defending a zone. I’ve seen many a debate about zonal marking where defenders better than Sarr look poor zonal marking We got beat by 2 set pieces the only thing millwall were better than us with all game.i didn’t see us do much at other end with our set pieces either. There CB won the Ariel battles simple as 
  • Options
    I'd put Sarr in for our next game. He has a lot of the raw ingredients and it is the job of the manager and coaches to improve the weaker areas of his game. To be fair, I do understand why Fosu was let go but I wouldn't have. When you have a team, every player gives you a different challenge. Some are easy to manage and some are hard, but some players are worth the effort. If they are not worth the effort then get rid by all means. Sarr is worth the effort though and I would want to see signs he has learned from Saturday. 
  • Options
    Some of the mental gymnastics going on to try and defend his performance are laughable to read. 

I doubt its a lack of desire, otherwise Bowyer wouldn't have him around the team. Lack of mental strength - that argument is a strong one based on numerous performances. The fact that it felt so predictable that this would happen to him, in this particular game, says it all. 

Frankly - I'm past caring what the 'issue' is with him. Whatever it is, he's not good enough and I have a feeling its the sort of weakness that isn't easily coached out of him. 
  • Options
    I'd put Sarr in for our next game. He has a lot of the raw ingredients and it is the job of the manager and coaches to improve the weaker areas of his game. To be fair, I do understand why Fosu was let go but I wouldn't have. When you have a team, every player gives you a different challenge. Some are easy to manage and some are hard, but some players are worth the effort. If they are not worth the effort then get rid by all means. Sarr is worth the effort though and I would want to see signs he has learned from Saturday. 
    Tricky one really. If he has another stinker it it will really break him. I’m hoping him being away with Senegal and hopefully winning a cap will be a real boost for him. 
    All that said, Bowyer will revert to 2 Centre Backs against Cardiff which means that aside from injuries, Sarr doesn’t get in the team. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    No, I won't give up, when people accuse a player who clearly gives his all and was obviously in bits after his error of lacking desire. I won't have it and I won't let go. He clearly has a few issues that prevent him from being a top level player but this is not one of them and never was 
    Just getting weird now.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Think it's really important to listen to what opposition fans say about a performance.
    Millwall lad at work's first words were 'how crap is Sarr'

I was reminded of the time Wimbledon fans were cheering him at the Kingstonian ground when he eventually made successful pass on about the hour mark.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Leuth said:
    Just getting weird now.
    Then he's surprised when people lose their temper after years of wind ups.
    Quite honestly he should be pleased that's his life's work comes to fruition.
  • Options
    With Cardiff coming up soon who are another big side,how do we deal with free kicks and corners,answers on a post card please