Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Slates Roland

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Hard to know what to make of this. Either they have taken leave of their senses, or the sale is about to go through.
  • Options
    That’s him gone in the summer then.
    If Roland’s still here he’d be going anyway, maybe even if we go up.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    I can't believe some people are slagging off the SLP and people like Airman for sharing the story. It was probably a bog standard return of star player story, destined for part of the game preview until Lyle said it how he saw it. Cawley must asked something about how different will it be upfront without your mate Grant, starting Taylor's rant. Cawley is not the type to upset the players they rely on for stories so he would have asked if the reply was off the record. 
    Anyone that said the protests affected the players might have been right but nowhere near as much the poisonous ownership is. 
  • Options
    That’s him gone in the summer then. .
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Evidence? 

He might be settled. He might not have a twat of an agent.

Might like our training facilities and he might be enjoying his football.

• Options
    Full article here

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/the-big-interview-with-lyle-taylor-charlton-striker-opens-up-on-his-fa-ban-how-his-career-has-been-stunted-in-earlier-years-and-a-desire-to-play-higher/

Love this line about the FA and the appeal... We asked why they said no and they basically came back and said: ‘We don’t have to tell you – so we’re not going to’. That was really nice of them.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    The only thing you can pull Taylor up on from what he said is that the reworking of Duchatelet's name refers to cleaning the backside rather than a toilet. 

I suspect he is picking up the general feeling from the dressing room, but we do have the characters to knuckle down and achieve something in spite of the owner.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    I would guess giving these guys recognition is exactly what they are striving for.

never give a troll what they want
    Oi, this is my bridge sunshine
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m surprised that Roland didn’t sell him in January.
  • Options
    2 years ago, Taylor would find himself excluded from the team and this would be big news, amongst a PR whirlwind.

The club (in particular Meire) used to care a lot more about stuff like this, and how the images of the owner and herself were perceived.

Roland doesn't care, hence why the media team didn't stop what Taylor said being published. 
  • Options
    Ben18 said:
    2 years ago, Taylor would find himself excluded from the team and this would be big news, amongst a PR whirlwind.

The club (in particular Meire) used to care a lot more about stuff like this, and how the images of the owner and herself were perceived.

Roland doesn't care, hence why the media team didn't stop what Taylor said being published. 
    Plus he's right
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

How exactly could they have stopped it?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    @cable is a good moderator. I think @AFKABartram will keep him on

:wink:
    Evidence? 

Might like our typing facilities and he might be enjoying his deletions. 
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    Scoham said:
    Evidence? 

Might like our training facilities and he might be enjoying his football.

Five years of Roland’s ownership.

The fact he’s one of about 7 players still under contract and possibly the only one that could attract a decent fee.

Lyle’s comments here:

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/the-big-interview-with-lyle-taylor-charlton-striker-opens-up-on-his-fa-ban-how-his-career-has-been-stunted-in-earlier-years-and-a-desire-to-play-higher/

Says he’s happy here but also talks about aspirations and playing at the highest level he can.

He knows Roland needs to sell for the club to progress.

As it stands the squad needs a complete rebuild in the summer.

If Roland’s still here and a London club bid for Taylor can you really see him turning down what could be his only chance of proving himself in the Championship?
  • Options
    Footballer speaks his mind, for heaven sakes think of the children!!
  • Options
    just like to confirm that i am not Lyle Taylor's dad but we have exactly the same view on RD!!!!
  • Options
    if we don't go up, its quite conceivable, in my opinion, that millwall could try and sign him - if rd is enjoying a bit of payback, i could see him doing it 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    if we don't go up, its quite conceivable, in my opinion, that millwall could try and sign him - if rd is enjoying a bit of payback, i could see him doing it 
    but if millwall go down he won't want to go there.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Hopefully Millwall will go down anyway!
  • Options
    Get a little telling off from bowyer and that’s about it.
    cant see him being dropped 
  • Options
    Lyle Lyle baby is fast tracking into legendary status. Two for him today I hope. Right am hungover so off early to the swan. 
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

The press team were with Taylor during the interview 
  • Options
    Ben18 said:
    Ben18 said:

They can hardly gag him though.
  • Options
    Nug said:
    Ben18 said:
    Ben18 said:

They can hardly gag him though.
    I would imagine they were happy for him to say it. I'm sure the uncertainty runs through the whole club at all levels and departments. Taylor is in quite a unique position at the moment where as a club we probably need him more than he needs us so he feels comfortable saying stuff like this.
    I tend to agree with that.

Bottom line, I am so pleased Lyle is associated with our club. 
  • Options
    Disgusting.

How dare he criticise the club and owner.

Should be grateful we saved his career.

Drop him now, we haven't missed him while he was suspended.
    He’s just getting in the way of RHF’s career progressing, isn’t he Henry?
  • Options

He thinks he's a ~redacted due to new CL swearing rules~

He thinks he's a ~redacted due to new CL swearing rules~

Lyle Taylor

Thinks Rolands a ~redacted due to new CL swearing rules~

Not been sung yet