Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Blackpool- Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    So,were we Lee mate, so were we...
  • Options
    Luton were on an unbeaten League run of 14 until they signed George Moncur on 19th January. Since then they've won 6 on the bounce to make it 20 unbeaten and he's helped himself to 4 goals. We let go of our top scorer and have as a team scored one solitary goal in that time.

One side strengthened when they were pushing for promotion. The other did the complete opposite. 

As the saying goes "you reap what you sow".

The previously successful forward line has been split for weeks which resulted in the responsibility being passed to others. Take away the Grant &/or Taylor and there are literally no goals from the team. Taylor has been an absentee and appears to be in a bit of a strop and will miss some more games soon when reaching 10 yellows, thus his flow will be interrupted again. I can see up dropping out of the play-offs before the end of March and staying outside thereafter. There are no goals coming consistently from elsewhere. If any other player than Taylor scores more than 3 goals to end of season I will be astounded.

• Options
    Blackpool are a decent well organised side and however limited their resources are they make the most of them.

We have scored twice in five games which at L1 level is utterly useless. We have no attacking threat and our midfield has no end product.

Aribo was poor and didn't provide any defensive cover and I'm not sure why he was left on? Taylor resorted to chasing the ball down in his own half by the end.

Sarr excellent again and Bauer solid as well. Purrington and Dijksteel improved as the game went on.

Our midfield is pretty poor - lots of nice touches but none of them can deliver a decent cross or shoot. Marshall looked the most dangerous when he came on which isn't saying much.

We're frustrating to watch and not effective.
  • Options
    Just in, not had time to read any, but overall very poor. Nothing createded from beginning.
  • Options
    1.  Fuck football for a fiver was surrounded by so many “I believe you’re in my allotted seat” and “can you watch the language” merchants. Yes I’m sure some will have your “yeah buts” to counter but football makes the tamest of us shout and holla so that debate is for another thread.

2.  Why on earth did Taylor get booked that was a farce, the ref was like a school teacher, “now now it was six of one half a dozen of the other..”. No it wasn’t you tit the centre half was the culprit and Taylor the sought after victim.  They’d done their Accrington game analysis on him clearly and the shit ref fell for it.

3.  Auto well and truly over but the teams in the play offs shouldn’t scare us.

4.  Williams class act but end product missing again, Aribo was outstanding a joy to watch.  Parker anonymous but I hope he don’t become the next scapegoat, you can sense he will, Igor a breath of fresh air when he came on.

I thought Aribo was poor - along with the rest of the midfield.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's hard to say we'd have won with Grant but Parker isn't in the same class however much he tries, which he did.

Aribo overcomplicated things but it was good to see him back.

Igor looked sharp.  Hopefully he and Lyle can spur us on to the play-offs and a glorious day at Wembley.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Taylor being targeted by refs now, soft yellow, when their bloke gets a talking to on the stroke of half time  for stopping a free kick.
    Him and Parker not gelling at all, but early days, and time running out. Igor, on the plus side looked fitter and sharper gave us a bit 
    more threat.

• Options
    2 points wasted. 
    If there’s one thing for sure it’s that Taylor is a marked man. Guaranteed booking in the next game too, we need to make the games he does play count as we’re toothless for all the games he will miss...
  • Options
    I think there was only one team trying to win the game today,didnt feel Blackpool threatened us at all,Phillips had naff all to do. However, we could still be playing now and not score,a combination of their defenders throwing themselves in front of every shot and us not picking out the right pass or the spare man,frustrating. The ref was poor imo,almost a 'homer' ref but for the away side if you get my meaning? He's not the reason we failed to win today but didnt help with the feeling of frustration. By selling Grant, Douchebag has cut the head off the snake, Parker is nowhere near good enough and it was Taylors worst game for us by some margin. No coincidence i feel. Without a doubt,2 points dropped today and we need a win asap to stop the rot or we could very easily dip out on the play off positions.
  • Options
    Taylor was a bit of a caricature of himself today, and not a particularly flattering one. he’s gone from winding up defenders to winding up refs. The word seems to be getting round the refs ‘don’t trust him’
    And he managed to get booked yet again Number 9 isn’t it? Can’t see any way he will be able to avoid another booking and a 2 game ban.
  • Options
    Taylor was a bit of a caricature of himself today, and not a particularly flattering one. he’s gone from winding up defenders to winding up refs. The word seems to be getting round the refs ‘don’t trust him’
    And he managed to get booked yet again Number 9 isn’t it? Can’t see any way he will be able to avoid another booking and a 2 game ban.
    The way he plays he can’t possibly avoid being booked. He constantly backs into or under the defender which tends to con the refs into thinking he has been fouled when he hasn’t. Today’s ref, for all his other failings, didn’t fall for it. In addition, the constant whinging and victim stuff is beginning to get seriously on my tits and, I would wager, on the tits of referees too. 
  • Options
    1.  Fuck football for a fiver was surrounded by so many “I believe you’re in my allotted seat” and “can you watch the language” merchants. Yes I’m sure some will have your “yeah buts” to counter but football makes the tamest of us shout and holla so that debate is for another thread.

2.  Why on earth did Taylor get booked that was a farce, the ref was like a school teacher, “now now it was six of one half a dozen of the other..”. No it wasn’t you tit the centre half was the culprit and Taylor the sought after victim.  They’d done their Accrington game analysis on him clearly and the shit ref fell for it.

4.  Williams class act but end product missing again, Aribo was outstanding a joy to watch.  Parker anonymous but I hope he don’t become the next scapegoat, you can sense he will, Igor a breath of fresh air when he came on.

There's little point in getting to the play-offs if we can't score goals. You don't get promoted by passing the ball all over the pitch with no end product.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Why doesn’t Naby take free kicks outside the area? He’s by far our best striker of the ball. Let him mash if for crissake. 

Lethargic start. We let them dominate the first five or six minutes. Struggled to get a foothold after that.

Blackpool were decent defensively, but lacked any ambition. Had they gone for it they might have won. Three points would have put them in the mix, but instead they slowed the game down at every opportunity, as most teams do at The Valley. Dumb. 

You’d hope we might pick up a few new fans from the £5 newcomers, but that looks unlikely after today’s performance. When did we last play well? Second half against Sunderland was it?

Now worried that staying in the playoff places might be a struggle, and if we do make it, they’ll also be a struggle. 

Taylor and Parker played way too far apart for me. Would like to see at least one of them staying central, rather than drifting all over the shop. And Taylor needs to stop looking for free kicks. If they come, they come. 

Marshall was decent and added width, but his crossing was again mainly poor today. 

Sarr made the game bareable as a spectacle. MotM again. Had a few quid on him at 25/1 to score 1st goal, and he probably looked more likely to score than anyone today. 

Need to to start winning again, and soon. 

Hate to say it, but Pratley’s athleticism was missed today, and I think he needs to start next week. 

Oh, forgot to mention - Igor offered a bit more up front than I was expecting, but didn’t have long enough to make an impact. Can see him making a difference if he carries on in the same vein. 

[Edit after extra large G&T:  
    We were great today. Championship here we come!]
  • Options
    A not entirely unexpected disappointment today. We were utter rubbish in the first half and only a little better in the second. A lot of huff and puff but virtually no goal threat whatsoever. As someone said in the player marks thread, Taylor was a caricature of himself today. He’s a walking yellow card and the bleating to the ref (who got 90% of the decisions in relation to Taylor correct despite being generally useless otherwise) was just boring. Neither full back offers anything going forward although Purrington was better in a ham fisted sort of way for the first 20 minutes of the second half before going back to being invisible.  Our midfield is full of pretty boy types who look great but deliver nothing. And we don’t have an effective forward line as things stand so it’s all a bit bleak I’m afraid. Blackpool looked dangerous for the first 20 minutes and then just sat back and soaked up anything we could offer (which wasn’t much to be fair). Marshall added something when he cane on and Igor offered an eight minute cameo but I’m really struggling to see where any goals/wins will come from. With the exception of Solly, that was probably the 11 that most of us would have picked today after last week’s performance so we can’t plead injuries or suspensions. We were simply rank bad. Play offs?  We’ll see. A few thousand tourists for a fiver who probably won’t be back anytime soon. 
    Nailed it. Accurate summation of another bad day at the office. Taylor ineffective and another stupid booking (so  much his having learned from the Accrington game.) Just don't think we have the necessary players to make it to the Championship.
  • Options
    At the Bromley Addicks meeting recently Lyle Taylor seemed pissed off with the sale of Grant , and today he played like it. I think it Grant's sale has cost us big time
  • Options
    Today just shows how much we and Taylor will miss Grant. His speed opened up so much for the rest of the team. Parker was pedestrian in comparison and Taylor had his worst game for us today.  

Phillips, Sarr, Purrington, Bauer, Aribo, Cullen, Marshall (when he came on) and Williams had ok games. I'm not a fan of Diksteel and I thought Reeves was poor. Igor and Lapslie made a difference when they came on.

For all of our pressure in the 2nd half it just didn't feel like we were going to score so I'm not surprised it ended 0-0. More like a Robinson game for me.

That transfer window has knocked the wind out of us for sure. Thanks Roland.

Onwards and upwards though I suppose (not said with that much conviction today).

• Options
    Not convinced with the midfield balance this match, starting with Reeves and Williams seems like too much of a good thing, but then subbing them both off left us without much creativity. Not sure what bringing on Lapslie for Williams was meant to achieve when we were chasing a goal, Bowyer really needs to get Fosu playing well, as this game was crying out for something different.

Taylor was very poor today and Parker average so we were left with little up front. At the back Sarr was excellent, Purrington solid enough defensively while I thought Bauer struggled slightly.

Blackpool defended well, well organised and some great last ditch blocks too. 
  • Options

I thought Aribo was poor - along with the rest of the midfield.
    Probably come across sarcastic here but I’m not trying to be, but it’s amazing how differing perspectives are watching a game I thought he was our best by a distance.
    Not really clear why you thought he was good today? Poor decision making and didn't provide enough defensive cover.
    The whole midfield went missing today.

Aribo is a good player but today wasn't one of his better performances.
  • Options
    why was williams taken off, thought he did better than most.

positives Aribo back, Sarr looks better every game, williams bright,

negatives parker and reeves dreadful, Phillips kicking
  • Options
    Thought Blackpool defended as if their lives depended on it, we had so many blocked shots. 
    Took a while to get in it but thought we then bossed it without any real cutting edge. Reeves and Williams were both awful, Marshall added some much needed energy and width but was just another day at the office where we weren’t good enough and had limited ideas