Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Blackpool- Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Lets hope Aribo is crazy and signs a contract then.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    1.  Fuck football for a fiver was surrounded by so many “I believe you’re in my allotted seat” and “can you watch the language” merchants. Yes I’m sure some will have your “yeah buts” to counter but football makes the tamest of us shout and holla so that debate is for another thread.

2.  Why on earth did Taylor get booked that was a farce, the ref was like a school teacher, “now now it was six of one half a dozen of the other..”. No it wasn’t you tit the centre half was the culprit and Taylor the sought after victim.  They’d done their Accrington game analysis on him clearly and the shit ref fell for it.

3.  Auto well and truly over but the teams in the play offs shouldn’t scare us.

4.  Williams class act but end product missing again, Aribo was outstanding a joy to watch.  Parker anonymous but I hope he don’t become the next scapegoat, you can sense he will, Igor a breath of fresh air when he came on.

I thought Aribo was poor - along with the rest of the midfield.
    Probably come across sarcastic here but I’m not trying to be, but it’s amazing how differing perspectives are watching a game I thought he was our best by a distance.
    Not really clear why you thought he was good today? Poor decision making and didn't provide enough defensive cover.
    The whole midfield went missing today.

Aribo is a good player but today wasn't one of his better performances.
    His Manager thought otherwise:

LB said 'Today he was outstanding. He’s been out six or seven weeks. He’s had one week of training and he comes back and puts a performance in like that. The kid was very, very good. I love him, Joe. He’s such a good lad. He got in the box as well. He was there for a couple of cut-backs if Jonny would have seen him.”
    Obviously like Jonny I didn't see him....
  • Options
    Midfield just isn’t right square pegs in round holes, and both full backs are awful going forward Dickstill is shit, why did he play in front of Solly
    This is absolutely spot on, the LB fella is totally anonymous and Djksteel is toilet (at full back...never seen him anywhere else) 
  • Options
    That was Taylor's worst game...just at a time when we needed him to have his best game.

He's a good player and very important to the team, but he needs to grow up a bit. 

He needs to concentrate on the football, do what hes good at and get some goals. Pair him and Igor from now on. 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    There were some positives. Blackpool were excellent defensively and made some top notch last ditch blocks. Aribo looked a class apart until he tired near the end. Sarr is showing us that he is now our best defender. I thought the defence did well enough. It was the midfield that slightly disapointed - apart from Aribo. 

Vetokele looked really sharp when he came on in the 80th minute. That was a positive if he can build on that. I don't think you can take it away from Taylor as it is his game, but he sometimes gets involved in things he needn't. His booking was harsh as the ref thought he had to book the Blackpool player for his reaction, then booked Taylor to even it up. But he needn't have committed the foul.

Anyway, if we can get Vetokele building on that and getting Fosu back to some kind of form, we have a decent chance of the play offs! 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    1.  Fuck football for a fiver was surrounded by so many “I believe you’re in my allotted seat” and “can you watch the language” merchants. Yes I’m sure some will have your “yeah buts” to counter but football makes the tamest of us shout and holla so that debate is for another thread.

2.  Why on earth did Taylor get booked that was a farce, the ref was like a school teacher, “now now it was six of one half a dozen of the other..”. No it wasn’t you tit the centre half was the culprit and Taylor the sought after victim.  They’d done their Accrington game analysis on him clearly and the shit ref fell for it.

4.  Williams class act but end product missing again, Aribo was outstanding a joy to watch.  Parker anonymous but I hope he don’t become the next scapegoat, you can sense he will, Igor a breath of fresh air when he came on.

Probably come across sarcastic here but I’m not trying to be, but it’s amazing how differing perspectives are watching a game I thought he was our best by a distance.
    Not really clear why you thought he was good today? Poor decision making and didn't provide enough defensive cover.

His Manager thought otherwise:

LB said 'Today he was outstanding. He’s been out six or seven weeks. He’s had one week of training and he comes back and puts a performance in like that. The kid was very, very good. I love him, Joe. He’s such a good lad. He got in the box as well. He was there for a couple of cut-backs if Jonny would have seen him.”
    Obviously like Jonny I didn't see him....
    I don't think he'll bear a grudge against you, it's his boss he needs to impress :-):
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    I propose that February is no more.  We as Addicks should either strike it from the calender OR rename it Rdisanarsery.  I have nothing but contempt for a man who because of his spiteful indifference has taken the wind out of Charltons promotion sails AND still wants £70m, the Belgian sanitary product!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Midfield just isn’t right square pegs in round holes, and both full backs are awful going forward Dickstill is shit, why did he play in front of Solly
    This is absolutely spot on, the LB fella is totally anonymous and Djksteel is toilet (at full back...never seen him anywhere else) 
    I thought Purrington played well at LB despite no cover in front of him and Dijksteel improved as the game went on. How many goals did we concede?
    Purrington started slowly I thought but grew into the game and had an excellent second half

Dijksteel on the other hand isnt a Full-Back for me and shouldnt be back there
  • Options
    addick05 said:

There's little point in getting to the play-offs if we can't score goals. You don't get promoted by passing the ball all over the pitch with no end product.
    We can score goals, we’ve just had five games without our best attacking player for three of them.  We’ve got goals in us they’ll come again.
  • Options

I thought he won the ball back well, passed fairly well and took players on when he liked, he did this out wide and centrally, and topped with the fact he hadn’t played for ages is a big credit to the lad.
  • Options
    I thought Purrington played well at LB despite no cover in front of him and Dijksteel improved as the game went on. How many goals did we concede?
    Purrington started slowly I thought but grew into the game and had an excellent second half

I think Dijksteel is primarily a defensive midfielder but he did okay today at RB. Think he gets far too much stick. 
  • Options

I think Dijksteel is primarily a defensive midfielder but he did okay today at RB. Think he gets far too much stick. 
    With you on this one, he got done a couple of times at the start of the game but settled down ok after I thought and he adds a bit more height across the back. Solly had a poor game at Fleetwood and wasn't that special first half last week so maybe Bowyer felt a rest was due and Djiksteel is the automatic replacement.
  • Options

I thought he was one of our better players today.  Did Dillon make a worthwhile save? 
  • Options
    Have to say Taylor's attitude wasn't great today - another stupid booking and spent far too much time complaining. A bit disappointing.
  • Options
    Have to say Taylor's attitude wasn't great today - another stupid booking and spent far too much time complaining. A bit disappointing.
    I was west stand by away fans he did absolutely nothing that warranted a booking it was lazy from the ref who assessed the situation like a school teacher.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not read all the comments but if Vetokele could have been arsed last week and shown the same enthusiasm as today then maybe he’d have started today and we’d have the 3 points!
  • Options
    Both teams very evenly matched.

Bowyer's Plan B (second half) was to play wider - hence Marshall coming on - and to use Vetokele (albeit for only 10 minutes). To be honest it might just as well have been his Plan A as in the first half we looked no more than adequate.

3 times there were crosses sent into the Blackpool box without anyone there to head or shoot. All 3 strikers were tried. I'd say Parker looked OK. Taylor played mainly like Marcus Bent: backing into defenders and falling over, running between defenders and falling over etc. He has a bit more pace than Bent and gets around more, but....

Igor looked a class above and we could have usefully started with him.

• Options
    I was west stand by away fans he did absolutely nothing that warranted a booking it was lazy from the ref who assessed the situation like a school teacher.
    Only thing I'd question is he had a proper chat with the Linesman who was right next to the incident before making judgement though

The one in front of the West Stand was certainly better than the one in front of the East who like all others before him was incapable of making a decision even when you clearly saw (1) Patrick Bauer neatly controlling the ball with his arm, nothing given to Blackpool | (2) two hands in the back of George Lapslie in a clear push - Wasn't just those two cases either
  • Options
    Overslept and missed the game (time difference)... 

Sounds like I dodged a bullet, zzz.

Promotion push well and truly knackered - thanks Roland.

Play-off semi-final defeat once again this season IMO. 
  • Options

Agreed, no worse than Solly in the last couple of games. 
  • Options
    Don’t we usually play ‘poor’ when it is football for a fiver? 
  • Options
    Be v lucky to get playoffs surely we will beat the 24th placed team next weekend won’t we...........
  • Options
    Be v lucky to get playoffs surely we will beat the 24th placed team next weekend won’t we...........
    Will be a bit worrying if we don't win but where will the goals come from?