Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ECB’s “The Hundred”

Comments

• Went to The Oval for Invincibles vs Superchargers on Friday. Invincibles were undefeated in both men's and women's competitions - until we showed up! Lost both games, with the women taking a bit of a kicking and the men only marginally better.
  • Rizzo said:
    Went to The Oval for Invincibles vs Superchargers on Friday. Invincibles were undefeated in both men's and women's competitions - until we showed up! Lost both games, with the women taking a bit of a kicking and the men only marginally better.
    Your fault then! 😜
    Hope you had a great day.
  • Surely in The Hundred it is ‘anyone but Surrey’ no? 
  • No way go Surrey, go Invincibles
  • No way go Surrey, go Invincibles
    Billings' Invincibles!
  • This is a painful game of cricket in the women's game. Hayley Matthews 1 off 16 is seriously impressive in a 100 ball game!
  • How did the Originals men's team not win that?
    Double whammy for Invincibles again.
    Oh & all the fluff about Stokes & he's out first ball 🙄🤣🤣
  • Anyone else at The Oval this afternoon?

Yeah I can see a few people. There's literally a bloke trying to navigate pass someone's knees to get to his seat in front of you. 
  • Sponsored links:

• No but you look like you're pretty much exactly where we were last Friday. Nice view. 
  • Did it piss down when you went as well? 😢
  • Oh no Smudge 🫣
    I see it’s raining at Sofia Gardens literally a year since it did exactly the same when I was there 🙄
    It should restart at 1655 with 65 balls bowled 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼
    No it was effin' baking!!

We were there. Sat just to the right of you from the looks of your photo. Enjoyable matches after the rain cost me £50 for a new Oval Invincibles top for the boy!
  • Hate this competition with a passion, fuck franchise Cricket
  • 24,000 at Oval last night. 
    It’s always rammed.
    When I ran the cricket social at work I had to get in quick to secure tickets.
    I'm a Kent gal all day long but I’ve had some cracking nights at the Oval with great company.
    Gutted I left before the Hundred started tbh. It would have been great craic.
  • There was undeniably a good crowd last night but it was alway full at the Oval when I went there on Friday night for Surrey-Kent in th T20
  • Sponsored links:

• There was undeniably a good crowd last night but it was alway full at the Oval when I went there on Friday night for Surrey-Kent in th T20
    I was always at that one with my Kent hat obviously.
    The work crowd especially liked the 40 over comp. It was just the right amount of time for a great night out.
    It’s always rammed.
    I'm a Kent gal all day long but I’ve had some cracking nights at the Oval with great company.
    It really isn't always rammed. Not this year at least.

Been unsold tickets - and in some cases, lots of them - at most games this year.

Will be interesting to see if the attendances figures are published.
  • edited August 9
    24,000 at Oval last night. 
    Would you go and watch a team of Charlton. Millwall and Palace playing, this is exactly the same, awful concept
     No, but it’s not a comparison for me as I’ve no real cricket history as never been to a county game. 

The short format works from a kids perspective, it’s very family focused and as a neutral I’m just watching good fielding, bowling and some big hitting. 

We were there 7 1/2 hours and both my lads enjoyed it, so it must doing something right.

Suspect the crowd was quite different to a county game so if it’s getting a new audience into cricket then that can only be a good thing. 

My main grumble was having to pay £7.50 a Guinness:-)
    It’s always rammed.
    It really isn't always rammed. Not this year at least.

Been unsold tickets - and in some cases, lots of them - at most games this year.

Will be interesting to see if the attendances figures are published.
    Wow really?
    Times have changed then.
    I wonder why that is?
    Have the prices gone up alot? 

• 96 all out against their local rivals. London Spirit are an utter disgrace. Really, heads should roll for this accumulation of failure over the last few years. 
  • Thoroughly enjoyed yesterday’s action (apart from Stokes going off injured 🤕)
    The Originals v Superchargers men’s game was mad! 
    Would you go and watch a team of Charlton. Millwall and Palace playing, this is exactly the same, awful concept
     No, but it’s not a comparison for me as I’ve no real cricket history as never been to a county game. 

The short format works from a kids perspective, it’s very family focused and as a neutral I’m just watching good fielding, bowling and some big hitting. 

We were there 7 1/2 hours and both my lads enjoyed it, so it must doing something right.

Suspect the crowd was quite different to a county game so if it’s getting a new audience into cricket then that can only be a good thing. 

My main grumble was having to pay £7.50 a Guinness:-)
    The type of audience would have been similar. The Hundred hasn't invented short form cricket, with music and razzmatazz, as the T20 blast already had that. And evening games at The Oval has always been popular for a beery post work outing.
  • Gutted for Tammy Beaumont but Heather Knight got her Spirit home.
    Delighted for Sam Billings Invincibles! An absolute cracking display.
    Loved this year’s tournament 🤩💚👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • they seriously need to change the scorecard graphics. 

Can’t believe it is still the same