Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ECB’s “The Hundred”

1495051525355»

Comments

• Dont generally watch the 100 (cant be doing with 5 balls being called a "set" and not an "over") but watched it tonight. 

Anyone care to explain who are the Oval Invincibles, London Brave & Southern Softies (or whatever they are called). I had no idea who I should be supporting (usually Kent) but chose the Invincibles as the Oval is only 10 miles up the road. Are they based on counties or is it a draft / auction like the IPL. 
  • Dont generally watch the 100 (cant be doing with 5 balls being called a "set" and not an "over") but watched it tonight. 

Anyone care to explain who are the Oval Invincibles, London Brave & Southern Softies (or whatever they are called). I had no idea who I should be supporting (usually Kent) but chose the Invincibles as the Oval is only 10 miles up the road. Are they based on counties or is it a draft / auction like the IPL. 
    It's complicated. The Invincibles have a Surrey core but it is draft set up.
    https://www.thehundred.com/info/how-player-selection-works
  • Southern Brave was very Sussex heavy for once. Hasn't been in the past. Still not overly bothered about it , just glad Jofra isn't injured and can play in a couple of weeks Vs Lancs in the Blast. 
  • Crusty54 said:
    Dont generally watch the 100 (cant be doing with 5 balls being called a "set" and not an "over") but watched it tonight. 

The Invincibles have a sort of Kent connection as well, with Matt Walker one of the coaches, and Billings the captain. Plus our ex Cox.

The women's team were meant to have played at Beckenham as an encouragement for Kent to adopt this franchise, but that never happened, so it has the feel of a Surrey team, led by Billings. 
  • I enjoyed the few games I watched this Hundred .. bowlers had a better deal with a higher seamed ball meaning closer, lower scoring games .. good crowds who seemed to have a good time
  • Thanks for the clarification. 
  • Me and Mrs MAM had the first taste of it on TV last couple of weeks and quite enjoyed it.
  • Crusty54 said:
    Dont generally watch the 100 (cant be doing with 5 balls being called a "set" and not an "over") but watched it tonight. 

The Invincibles have a sort of Kent connection as well, with Matt Walker one of the coaches, and Billings the captain. Plus our ex Cox.

The women's team were meant to have played at Beckenham as an encouragement for Kent to adopt this franchise, but that never happened, so it has the feel of a Surrey team, led by Billings. 

Trust me as a Surrey fan I want nothing to do with this utter wankfest of a competition. 

The 50 over competition which is now nearly over has been reduced to nothing more than a reserve competition and the county championship sees hardly any games in the height of summer. 

Call themselves whatever they like but I will never associate the Oval Invicibles or whatever with my county.