Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Women’s World Cup

Comments

• Options
    Think that law will be changed before the start of next season.
  • Options
    How has the ref blown so early, 4 minutes added on and it took about 5 minutes with the whole penalty and being retaken
  • Options
    Remarkable for Argentina

If Cameroon v New Zealand and Chile v Thailand end in draws then they're through to the next round
  • Options
    Keepers just aren't prepared for this VAR rule. It's making penalties more or less unsaveable
  • Options
    That new penalty rule is awful. Puts the keeper at such a disadvantage. What happened to injury time too?
  • Options
    That's farcical in Scotland game. VAR has to be stopped 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I think refs are not up to time keeping and reffing- I have said this for a while. In terms of penalties, there was always common sense applied and you can tell if keeper was being ridiculous or not. 
  • Options
    I don't know if it was deliberate, but effectively this tournament is being used as a guinea pig for the rule changes
  • Options
    That should have gone to 100 minutes, easy
  • Options
    That new penalty rule is awful. Puts the keeper at such a disadvantage. What happened to injury time too?
    No it really does not.

A penalty is supposed to be 12 yards away any less gives the keeper the advantage.

I think the new rule is brilliant, keepers should remain on the line 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Know it wont always be the fault of the Goalkeeper but the answer is simple - Dont give away a penalty!!

Stay on your feet, keep your arms down, dont do anything stupid
  • Options
    It was a definite penalty. Even if she got a touch on the ball  she did not disposes the attacker and then wiped her out.
  • Options
    It was a definite penalty. Even if she got a touch on the ball  she did not disposes the attacker and then wiped her out.
    Nobody is disputing that it was a penalty. The rest of it though - awful. Especially blowing for time six minutes early
  • Options
    I must say White looks very sharp but Steph Houghton was player of the match for me.
  • Options
    Refereeing in the Scottish game was appalling 
  • Options
    No it really does not.

A penalty is supposed to be 12 yards away any less gives the keeper the advantage.

I think the new rule is brilliant, keepers should remain on the line 
    I thought the old rule meant that 'keepers had to stay on the line anyway (now they just need to have one foot), just referees were terrible at enforcing it

Isnt it now that they've got to stand still and not move to put the taker off like we've seen in the past
  • Options
    Keepers just aren't prepared for this VAR rule. It's making penalties more or less unsaveable
    Goalkeepers invariably have both feet off the line - as you say they've not prepared for this VAR rule. The booking seems OTT - keeper could easily end up being red carded.

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Nobody is disputing that it was a penalty. The rest of it though - awful. Especially blowing for time six minutes early
    Some of the TV pundits seem to be suggesting the Scottish player might have touched the ball and therefore it might not be a penalty.
  • Options
    Scotland hahaha
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    VAR ffs!

No problem with VAR.
    The powers that be decided before this competition started to get penalties retaken if keepers move off their lines.

Could be carnage next season all over the football leagues where VAR is used unless this is just a trial ?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    She did move off her line. That can't be argued. But a lot of time was lost in the whole incident from it being reviewed to retaken and that was unfair on both teams.
  • Options
    Know it wont always be the fault of the Goalkeeper but the answer is simple - Dont give away a penalty!!

Stay on your feet, keep your arms down, dont do anything stupid
    Or don't let a 3 goal lead slip in this case!
  • Options
    If you think clear and obvious it was a split second - millimetre decision between her leaving the line and the ball being kicked - it was intended to be instaenous - makes it harder for keeper as they have to accurately predict kickers run that doesn't have to be consistent

Bit of common sense has to be used in these VAR scenarios- used in the penalty decision was fair game but in the second decision you are expecting a robotic response from keeper 
  • Options
    Scotland have some good players but they are a front foot team, defensively they are not so good. They need a manager who understands that or some better defensive players.
  • Options
    Can’t wait for the first penalty shootout under these VAR rules. It will never end.
  • Options
    To be fair, had the keeper not gone off her line, she would have still saved that pen. It was hit straight at her.
  • Options
    It was a crap penalty. She could have stayed behind the line and saved it. The retake was crap as well.
  • Options
    Think that law will be changed before the start of next season.
    That goal keepers have to be on or behind their line? Been the law for 100 years hasn’t it?