Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Women’s World Cup

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2019
    I have given up trying to decipher the handball laws - Refs have completely lost the plot. 
    At least the ridiculous word intentional has been taken out. A hard job has been made even harder now. Can't think of any officials in any other sport that get so much stick.
    Refs don't write the rules but come under pressure when Fifa want  them to implement new or existing rules.

Patently obvious that the interfering with  play is still too subjective. The refs are all giving goals even when having a second look at the monitor. To most of us including  ex pro footballers this appears to be wrong.
    The own goal header was caused by a offside player, Lloyd of USA was offside and made the defender play the ball and yesterday the attacker was offside and in the keepers eye line.

Nothing wrong with VAR per se but the human interpretation or rule makers need to be positive on this anomaly.
    Don't understand how the offside law works anymore - several goals seem to have been given when players were clearly offside and affecting the passage of play.
    The bbc have Casey Stoney who played over 100 times for England and is now Man United manager and was number 2 to Neville and her insight in good in how should players defend etc But she is confused with the offsides so it's a shame if they couldnt employ a current or recently retired ref like BT do to  try and explain the  thinking of FIFA because to managers like Stoney and ex managers like me it's just doesn't seem correct.  I don't even mind Graham 3 card trick Poll having a try.
    Just for a couple of games would be good because the football administrators are messing with our beautiful game. 
  • Options
    I have given up trying to decipher the handball laws - Refs have completely lost the plot. 
    At least the ridiculous word intentional has been taken out. A hard job has been made even harder now. Can't think of any officials in any other sport that get so much stick.
    Refs don't write the rules but come under pressure when Fifa want  them to implement new or existing rules.

Patently obvious that the interfering with  play is still too subjective. The refs are all giving goals even when having a second look at the monitor. To most of us including  ex pro footballers this appears to be wrong.
    The own goal header was caused by a offside player, Lloyd of USA was offside and made the defender play the ball and yesterday the attacker was offside and in the keepers eye line.

Nothing wrong with VAR per se but the human interpretation or rule makers need to be positive on this anomaly.
    Don't understand how the offside law works anymore - several goals seem to have been given when players were clearly offside and affecting the passage of play.
    The bbc have Casey Stoney who played over 100 times for England and is now Man United manager and was number 2 to Neville and her insight in good in how should players defend etc But she is confused with the offsides so it's a shame if they couldnt employ a current or recently retired ref like BT do to  try and explain the current thinking of FIFA because to current managers like Stoney and ex managers like me it's just doesn't seem correct.  I don't even mind Graham 3 card trick Poll having a try.
    Just for a couple of games would be good because the football administrators are messing with our beautiful game. 
    I think it's hugely disrespectful of women's football that FIFA have chosen this tournament to "experiment" with.  They're in real danger of ruining this tournament while everybody tries to figure out what the hell is going on.  I only hope the fate of the eventual winners is decided by the footballers and not the officials.

Try this stuff in behind closed doors trial matches beforehand, like the ECB did with 100 ball cricket.  Use an under 19 tournament.  Don't scupper this once every 4 years chance of giving women's football a massive boost by making it into a farce, where nobody can figure out what's right or wrong and the refs are left to struggle with new rules and unworkable guidance.  But you know, it's FIFA...
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Agreed Missed it.

Greenwood for Stokes at Left back.
    Kirby for Stanways, Parris for Daly,
    and Duggan keeps her place in front of Mead.

Duggan who didn't have a good game last time out after injury will need to step up today because Beth Mead is unlucky not to come back in. 
    Seeing the bigger picture we need to play for 90 minutes and not in patches.

We have won 3 matches despite not getting out of Third gear. 3rd gear may be good enough today as long as we are sharp in both boxes.
    Against the improving Norwegians we will need our A game.

Cameroon today who have some dangerous forwards but I would like to think we can impose our game on them and have a couple of goals to spare.
  • Options
    Agreed Missed it.

Greenwood for Stokes at Left back.
    Kirby for Stanways, Parris for Daly,
    and Duggan keeps her place in front of Mead.

Duggan who didn't have a good game last time out after injury will need to step up today because Beth Mead is unlucky not to come back in. 
    Seeing the bigger picture we need to play for 90 minutes and not in patches.

We have won 3 matches despite not getting out of Third gear. 3rd gear may be good enough today as long as we are sharp in both boxes.
    Against the improving Norwegians we will need our A game.

Cameroon today who have some dangerous forwards but I would like to think we can impose our game on them and have a few goals to spare.
    Onguene stood out in the last game for Cameroon but she needs to learn to pass rather than always attempting to shoot. Her and Nchout will cause us problems defensively.
  • Options
    Don’t understand Phil Neville’s hair.
  • Options
    That Cameroon player should be banned, she saw Duggan was infront of her and still spat
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Great goal captain.

So elbow in the face for Parris and the defender just spate at Duggan.
  • Options
    11 players Cameroon had on  the line then and we still scored haha
  • Options
    Didnt see the spat but amazed that VAR didnt review the elbow and suggest a change to the card being given

Is surely the easiest type of card to give when someone does that
  • Options
    I'm totally confused by the whole VAR thing, thought they reviewed possible red cards? If so cameroon should be down to 9 already
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scott's doing really well so far. That pass was her first mistake I think.
  • Options
    Don’t understand Phil Neville’s hair.
    He's trying to be one of the girls?
  • Options
    rina said:
    I'm totally confused by the whole VAR thing, thought they reviewed possible red cards? If so cameroon should be down to 9 already
    Yeah VAR can review Red Cards

Choudary got sent off for England U21 against France last week when he initially got a yellow card
  • Options
    Ellen White's cross won that free kick we scored from.

She should get an assist for that arguably.
  • Options
    Duggan is the Ben Reeves of the England team and not in a good way.
  • Options
     Where's Trevor two reds Kettle when you need him ?
  • Options
    From what I’ve seen England will have to improve massively if they want to win this tournament.
  • Options
    England look very poor. How was the goal?
  • Options
    First game in the tournament I’ve really sat down and watched and I’m very disappointed. I thought the general standard of play would be higher. England’s ball retention and passing is woeful. 
  • Options
    First game in the tournament I’ve really sat down and watched and I’m very disappointed. I thought the general standard of play would be higher. England’s ball retention and passing is woeful. 
    Unlike the men's team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shocking decision for the lino to raise her flag!!

Keep it down and let it go to VAR anyway... Just made herself look stupid by guessing
  • Options
    Why did VAR take so long ?
  • Options
    Why are the Cameroon players moaning
  • Options
    Why are the Cameroon players moaning
     Madness
  • Options
    What are Cameroon doing here
  • Options
    Have they gone on strike ?
  • Options
    Proper awful refereeing.
  • Options
    Dish out some bookings ref

This is dissent!!!
  • Options
    Can someone explain the rules of football to these women please.
  • Options
    Never seen that before, a whole team collectively just standing there. I suppose you should book the captain first