Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roland Duchatelet's properties in Sint-Truiden vandalised

Comments

• Options
    Using his own perverse logic:
    If our relegation was a direct result of the fans protesting
    Isn't this episode a direct result of his mismanagement and therefore nobody's fault but his own?

I expect at least one of the above to be true
  • Options
    Who says it wasn't Roland himself? Could be all part of his master plan. Whatever that master plan might be because it is rather difficult to understand anything he's been doing in neither building a club or selling up and saving his ongoing losses. 

Because PC Poirot has said that it is 'obviously' Charlton supporters. 😉
  • Options
    If it turns out that the perpetrator(s) is/are British, and someone is accused of committing a crime, they should be investigated and, if appropriate, charged and prosecuted.  The full force of the law should be meted out, and, other than in exceptional circumstances, tried in open court, where charges can be put, evidence examined, a defence presented and verdict reached. Departing from this rule of law is very, very dangerous.

I'm very surprised that this hasn't been outlined already.

I did mention this earlier in the context that if a case goes to trial the accused are able to mount a defence, including the reasons why they did what they did. I would have thought the last thing Duchatelet wants is the bad publicity this could bring, considering he's also just made himself look a complete prick on Talksport.
  • Options
    We shouldn't automatically presume it was Charlton supporters. I'm sure he has lots of enemies and they may have used Charlton slogans to put the authorities off the scent. The simple fact is that nobody knows who did it and are not likely to given the perpitrators wore a disguise so did not wish to be identified. I doubt some graffitii is that high on the Belgian Police's list of priorities so we are likely to never know. 
  • Options
    Who says it wasn't Roland himself? Could be all part of his master plan. Whatever that master plan might be because it is rather difficult to understand anything he's been doing in neither building a club or selling up and saving his ongoing losses. 

Because PC Poirot has said that it is 'obviously' Charlton supporters. 😉
    Incorrect

• Options
    Give our club away for nothing RD.
  • Options
    The one thing I’ve learnt over the last few years is whatever Charlton fans do to protest there will be other Charlton jumping to analyse and criticise one way or another

Too soft
    Too tame
    Too cringe 
    Too weak
    What’s the point
    Too Ineffective 
    Too early 
    Too late
    Wrong location
    Right location wrong time
    Not in his backyard
    invasion of his personal life 
    Too personal
    Too illegal
    Too impacting on the team
    Too impacting on the game
    Unfair on the opposition

yadda yadda yadda
    Don't forget to...Blame it on the Boogie...!!! (🕺 Roly dance)

• Options
    Google translate of Flemish language article:

Sint-Truiden region

Angry Charlton fanatic dabbed houses of Roland Duchâtelet: 'Just sell the club' and 'Fuck off Roland'

Dirk Selis 25 February 2019 13u39

Sint-Truiden In the night from Sunday to Monday, fervent Charlton fans have daubed several properties of entrepreneur Roland Duchâtelet with graffiti. The messages leave nothing to the imagination. 'Just sell the club' and 'Fuck off Roland'. The vandals want Duchâtelet to withdraw from the London football club Charlton Atletic. But above all they want him to pay the promised bonuses to his staff.

'CAFC (or Charlton Atletic Football Club) say:' fuck off RD ', can be read on the garage door of Duchâtelet's former villa near the stadium. Small windows with graffiti were also smeared on the Small Market on the Stayen site. And toothpicks were put into the keyholes of the Stayen catering business and broken off.

Londoner John Barns, who founded the political party 'Roland Out Today' last October, has nothing to do with it. "I definitely disapprove of this action. But we do want to warn the Truien people for the person Roland Duchâtelet. He destroyed our proud football club and destroyed the social cohesion of our club. He has kicked our hearts and we are not taking Britons. That's why we're going to fight him in his own backyard. But not in such a way. We will have to wait and see if he will pay the promised bonuses. If not, we plan actions in Sint-Truiden. "

Businessman Duchâtelet, former owner of STVV, took over the London club four years ago. Since then, the club is struggling from one crisis to another. Charlton faces an annual loss of turnover of around 10 million pounds. So Duchâtelet introduced savings measures. Those are so drastic, as the Daily Mail reported last week, that the club is no longer buying toilet paper for the toilets in the stadium. Roland Duchâtelet himself did not want to respond: "I'm not going to make these men more important than they are. They are just looking for that, media attention. "

The local police confirms that a declaration has been made for vandalism. The investigation into the perpetrators is still ongoing, but it is obvious that they are disgruntled supporters of Charlton.

That is really lazy journalism. It’s obviously West Ham fans looking to give us a bad name. 
  • Options
    Maybe it was the Australians who did it to put pressure on him to sell! 😁
  • Options
    Personally think this pathetic. 

I don't have any sympathy for Roland but is this the answer? Made ourselves look even more desperate and stupid IMO. 
    Congrats, in only a few short lines you’ve managed to call fellow Charlton fans pathetic, desperate and stupid. 
    Not all of them. I just find it all a bit desperate and I don't think it comes across well. I had two different mates text me within 15 minutes of each other criticising it. IMO turning to crime wasn't the answer. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:

Call that graffiti? - bloody amateurs.

now dont do it again.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

I don't have any sympathy for Roland but is this the answer? Made ourselves look even more desperate and stupid IMO. 
    Congrats, in only a few short lines you’ve managed to call fellow Charlton fans pathetic, desperate and stupid. 
    Not all of them. I just find it all a bit desperate and I don't think it comes across well. I had two different mates text me within 15 minutes of each other criticising it. IMO turning to crime wasn't the answer. 
    But it turns out it was.
    Ah has he sold then? Nah I didn't think so...
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

But it turns out it was.
    You just keep on doing nothing then. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

But it turns out it was.
    Yes because I am sure crime is the answer. Maybe we should all get together and decide what next. Maybe we can tool up next time aswell. 
  • Options
    what is the story with the toilet paper? Do you now have to bring your own to home games?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

But it turns out it was.
    Yes because I am sure crime is the answer. Maybe we should all get together and decide what next. Maybe we can tool up next time aswell. 
    Where has it been identified that a Charlton supporter has committed a crime?
    Sorry if I have missed something.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

But it turns out it was.
    It's hardly the crime of the century.

Going tooled up may be taking it too far but if you feel the need. Strange that you should mention tool because I was thinking "What a .......".
    Why get personal though just because I have a different opinion to you? Completely unnecessary. 

I don't think crime was the way to go, I am not alone in thinking that 99% of Charlton fans want him out, but this act seems to divide people and I get that. It wasn't crime of the century no, but I still don't feel as though it helps the situation. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If it turns out that the perpetrator(s) is/are British, and someone is accused of committing a crime, they should be investigated and, if appropriate, charged and prosecuted.  The full force of the law should be meted out, and, other than in exceptional circumstances, tried in open court, where charges can be put, evidence examined, a defence presented and verdict reached. Departing from this rule of law is very, very dangerous.

I'm very surprised that this hasn't been outlined already.
    It's all just media propaganda. It didn't happen. No one likes us. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:

But it turns out it was.
    That is your definition of success, not mine. Getting Rolly dragged out of his shed into daylight and then having him humiliated on live radio is priceless.

His criticism of the FA is comic genius. Clubs should not be able to sold to foreigners? Really? Good luck with that one Rolly. I hope he is charged by the FA.

For me, This action has done more for our club than has been achieved in the last 5 years. At last it is out there. Rolly is off his trolley.

God bless the pair of them.
    Fair points. I cannot disagree he has humiliated himself yet again. The problem with that is it's nothing new. He is a prized plonker who does it everytime he opens his mouth, especially when it's concerning football. 

"Rolly is off his trolley" may be becoming more evident but it's not achieving what the end game has to be, to get him out of the club. In fact he may become even more spiteful. I hope I am wrong. 
  • Options
    Neither you nor I know Charlton fans did it, unless you know who did it. If it was Charlton fans, it was only two of them but even Roland was careful not to say it definietely was. A great Train Robber was a Charlton fan!  All I know was that Roland had graffiti sprayed on his properties, apparently by a couple of people wearing masks and wigs. Hardly compares to the damage he has done to our beloved club and whoever did it, it seems to have dragged him out of the woodwork!
  • Options

“ Two different mates “?

As opposed to one mate texting you twice pretending to be different people?
  • Options
    Mametz said:

“ Two different mates “?

As opposed to one mate texting you twice pretending to be different people?
    You would be surprised how often that happens...
  • Options
    We know enough about him to know he will not be happy about Jordan roasting him. Great I say.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

But it turns out it was.

Going tooled up may be taking it too far but if you feel the need. Strange that you should mention tool because I was thinking "What a .......".
    Why get personal though just because I have a different opinion to you? Completely unnecessary. 

I don't think crime was the way to go, I am not alone in thinking that 99% of Charlton fans want him out, but this act seems to divide people and I get that. It wasn't crime of the century no, but I still don't feel as though it helps the situation. 
    Doing nothing certainly hasn't helped the situation.
    I don't think that anyone can say that Charlton fans haven't been patient.
    The last few years have shown that Roland can't stop himself from reacting to things that affect him personally, as opposed to the protests at The Valley which are completely ignored by him.
    The graffiti doesn't hurt anybody but has brought him out from under his stone and his interview with JW/SJ showed him for the irrational, deluded fool that we know him to be. 
    Fair point it hasn't. And finding the answer is not easy otherwise we would have done it a long time ago. 

He may have come out and embarassed himself yet again, but that's not going to get him to sell the club. In fairness, credit where it's due, Simon Jordan was fantastic. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

But it turns out it was.

Doing nothing certainly hasn't helped the situation.
    I don't think that anyone can say that Charlton fans haven't been patient.
    The last few years have shown that Roland can't stop himself from reacting to things that affect him personally, as opposed to the protests at The Valley which are completely ignored by him.
    The graffiti doesn't hurt anybody but has brought him out from under his stone and his interview with JW/SJ showed him for the irrational, deluded fool that we know him to be. 
    Fair point it hasn't. And finding the answer is not easy otherwise we would have done it a long time ago. 

He may have come out and embarassed himself yet again, but that's not going to get him to sell the club. In fairness, credit where it's due, Simon Jordan was fantastic. 
    The thing is, it might help to get him to sell the club, nobody knows. 
    He certainly hasn't been in a rush to sell, even though he has no interest in the club and his losses are mounting on a daily basis. These are not the actions of a sane person.
    If he continues to receive irritation then surely even Roly has a tipping point, where he will start to think that it really isn't worth the bother. 
  • Options
    He had a tipping point with Standard Liege