Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wot no Millwall relegation thread?

Comments

• Options
    Think its a 1 in 3 chance really. Ipswich are down, Bolton almost down, yesterday gives them a bit of hope. Reading look good under their new manager and will be fine. Then it's Rotherham who seem to have good fight in them but a bad run in, Wigan who are in free fall but nice few fixtures coming up and Millwall who also in free fall but I always think will get out of it. In reality it's probably impossible to call right now if 22nd goes to you, Wigan or Rotherham. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Right, on lunch last week I was bored and worked out A. If we could go up automatically - no, quite frankly. B. If they could go down.  Before this weekend I had them staying up by four points, but that was a win yesterday.  So IMO they’ve got a big chance of going.
    This time last week you were saying we had the best away support in the land
    Lol!  
  • Options
    Wigan at home are very good. Think they have the 8th best home record in the league. Bolton and Millwall both have to go to Wigan, so those will be 2 big games
  • Options
    Rotherham have to be favourites out of those three but Millwall are second favourites. A good run from Rotherham would not be a welcome development for them. 
  • Options
    Even if Bolton go on a run, there's still the threat of administration. I think Millwall will pick up unexpected points - I wouldn't be surprised to see them get a point at Leeds and then lose at home to QPR
  • Options
    Millwall should be doing slightly better than they are and I reckon they’ll be fine with a couple of games to go.

I Think Harris will be gone by October, only so far being a club legend will get you. (Hopefully sacked after Millwall lose to Charlton)
  • Options
    Heart warming to see the Scum squirming in their current position. 
  • Options
    Millwall should be doing slightly better than they are and I reckon they’ll be fine with a couple of games to go.

I Think Harris will be gone by October, only so far being a club legend will get you. (Hopefully sacked after Millwall lose to Charlton)
    If Harris keeps Millwall up I think his job is secure. Even with relegation (unlikely) I think JB will give him time. He is a Millwall legend and although sections of the volatile Millwall fan base are unhappy and on his back the vast majority see the constraints he is working under. I doubt NH is much of a football thinker and his tactics have been criticised as one dimensional and often stubborn. 
  • Options
    Can't beleive how many people are saying they're safe? 1pt above the relegation zone, distracted by the cup, they are in big trouble! I actually fancy Bolton to pull of a Houdini act and get out of this, but not sure if it will be at the expence of Millwall. Glad ipswich are done, cant stand that lot and would be a pleasure to pass them on the way up come May!
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Reading and Wigan both lose, Bolton lose, Ipswich draw so a good evening for Millwall. Reading and Wigan are only 2 points above Millwall so definitely not safe

A bit depressing that 2 of the promoted sides last season are in the bottom 5 in the Championship, that does show the gap in quality now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Goes with the Palace relegation watch, whenever someone brings it up they seem to change the form. Lets just be silent and hope for the best for a change :)
  • Options
    Goes with the Palace relegation watch, whenever someone brings it up they seem to change the form. Lets just be silent and hope for the best for a change :)
    Why do you think I started another thread?  ;)
  • Options
    ffs
  • Options
    2-0 up  :/

Ben Thompson showing why Pompey have slumped since he went back
  • Options
    Thankfully Rotherham win too
  • Options
    Family friends with Ben Thompson so it’s a hard one.. scored two but Wall win :neutral:
  • Options
    Massive win tbh. Would have been bottom three without it. 
  • Options
    Some people never learn

Save the public gloating until they're down
  • Options
    Semi Ajayi scoring a double for Rotherham’s win.
  • Options
    Win tonight and still only 1 point above drop zone
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thankfully Rotherham win too
    First away win of the season!

The battle to avoid the 3rd relegation spot is looking quite exciting. I don't think QPR are safe either
  • Options
    Win tonight and still only 1 point above drop zone
    I was very despondent before last night. Harris just wasn’t learning from his mistakes, or seemed too stubborn to make the changes when necessary. 

Last night that all changed, with that team and formation he put out. At last, the penny has finally dropped! 

We have the players to stay up without a doubt, and now he’s starting with those players, and playing the formation to suit said players, I’m quietly confident we’ll stay up. The team spirit, that has been oh so lacking in recent months seemed to return last night in abundance. 

There will be a few twists and turns before the end of the season I’m sure, but I’m pretty sure we’ll be alright now, where as this time yesterday I just couldn’t see it. 

I know it’s one game, but last night it all just clicked. For Harris and the team. 
  • Options
    Changed my mind, Rotherham are bang in trouble.

Their remaining games:

QPR away
    Norwich home
    Derby away
    Forest home
    Villa home
    Stoke away
    Swansea away
    Birmingham home
    West brom away
    Middlesbrough home

And this is a side who've only won twice since November and quite amazingly, are now FORTY THREE championship away games without a win.
    Glad to see my post inspired them to a first away win in the championship for 44 games!
  • Options
    QPR looked appalling last night. They lacked any midfield and lumped balls into nowhere. Not sure where Jordan Cousins was playing because he was all over the shop and not in a good way. Rotherham worked their nuts off but I don’t think QPR will go down. They are on a bad run but, like Millwall, will be safe. 
  • Options
    1StevieG said:
    QPR looked appalling last night. They lacked any midfield and lumped balls into nowhere. Not sure where Jordan Cousins was playing because he was all over the shop and not in a good way. Rotherham worked their nuts off but I don’t think QPR will go down. They are on a bad run but, like Millwall, will be safe. 
    Out of contract in July I think.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    1StevieG said:
    Out of contract in July I think.
    Well he did say he would return to us at the end of his career after playing in the Champions League etc
  • Options
    Not about the team, but the fans, IMO a great article. Absolutely nails apologists like Rod Liddell, but also, more gently, Steve Kavanagh. Intrigued to read about the book mentioned early on, anyone read it?. Probably the first and last time I will write the following on CL :-) : interested to read @Big_Bad_World take on this
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/mar/16/no-one-likes-us-millwall-wembley-everton-fa-cup?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other