Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wot no Millwall relegation thread?

Comments

• Thread definitely needs to be re-started particularly given Millwall's liking this season of letting in goals in or near the last minute  to give the opposition victory.
    Aaaah thanks for this!! This thread brings me so much joy.😁 Especially when we inevitably end up staying up comfortably and I can come back on here and rub all your noses in it 😉😘
    Lower mid table I reckon.......
    Agreed, there will be 3 worse clubs than them.
    always seems to be the way. I would say they are the Everton of the championship but that would do a disservice to Everton who have actually won something. 
    What always seems the way? That there’s always three worse clubs than us in the championship every season? Just three??  The Everton of the championship? like we just about avoid relegation each season? 

Well last season there was 11 teams worse than us. the season before that there was 16 teams worse than us in the championship, 15 teams worse than us the season before that, 13 teams worse than us the season before that, 16 teams worse than us the season before that (one of them being Charlton, the year you got relegated).  In fact we have to go right back to the 18/19 season when there was only 3 teams worse than us. Then the season before that there was 16 teams worse than us again. 

So not sure what your point is? 😆 I don’t see a team barely surviving each season. I see an established championship club who more than hold their own. Hence why this thread (and it’s predecessors) brings me so much joy each year. 😁
    That middle paragraph. 😆.
    Last season there was these teams, then season before that there was other teams, then we did that on that season, then seasons we did this and then seasons before that was different and there was other seasons!.. other seasons!!!...

bottom lip shaking, holding back the tears, what a brave young chap. 
  • Thread definitely needs to be re-started particularly given Millwall's liking this season of letting in goals in or near the last minute  to give the opposition victory.
    Aaaah thanks for this!! This thread brings me so much joy.😁 Especially when we inevitably end up staying up comfortably and I can come back on here and rub all your noses in it 😉😘
    always seems to be the way. I would say they are the Everton of the championship but that would do a disservice to Everton who have actually won something. 
    What always seems the way? That there’s always three worse clubs than us in the championship every season? Just three??  The Everton of the championship? like we just about avoid relegation each season? 

Well last season there was 11 teams worse than us. the season before that there was 16 teams worse than us in the championship, 15 teams worse than us the season before that, 13 teams worse than us the season before that, 16 teams worse than us the season before that (one of them being Charlton, the year you got relegated).  In fact we have to go right back to the 18/19 season when there was only 3 teams worse than us. Then the season before that there was 16 teams worse than us again. 

So not sure what your point is? 😆 I don’t see a team barely surviving each season. I see an established championship club who more than hold their own. Hence why this thread (and it’s predecessors) brings me so much joy each year. 😁
    what about the season before that ?
    We were in the shit league you’re in now. But it is such a distant memory I can barely remember it 😉
    Hopefully it’ll soon come flooding back

Last season there was these teams, then season before that there was other teams, then we did that on that season, then seasons we did this and then seasons before that was different and there was other seasons!.. other seasons!!!...

Just stating some facts. You should try it sometime. 😁

Implying that we just scrap staying up each season, when in truth, since we’ve been back in the championship, you’re more likely to find us challenging the top 6 than desperately avoiding the bottom three. Only two of the 7 seasons we’ve been in a relegation battle (one of which we managed to comfortably finish ten places above the relegation zone) and the other 5 comfortably finishing top half while challenging to get in the top 6. So yeah, the Everton of the championship 😆

and young chap? I’ll take that all day long 🙏🏼😁

• If for some reason (early results?) Millwall and their fans get pissed off with Neil Harris and sack him for not being in the top two or something, then they might be in trouble.
    No way can I envisage a Millwall relegation under Harris.

Implying that we just scrap staying up each season, when in truth, since we’ve been back in the championship, you’re more likely to find us challenging the top 6 than desperately avoiding the bottom three. Only two of the 7 seasons we’ve been in a relegation battle (one of which we managed to comfortably finish ten places above the relegation zone) and the other 5 comfortably finishing top half while challenging to get in the top 6. So yeah, the Everton of the championship 😆

As opposed to silly old c***! :)

As opposed to silly old c***! :)
    To be honest I’m closer to the latter than I am the former. So my kids keep telling me anyway 😆
  • False alarm, he's West Ham.
  • Looks like the pressures getting to them.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 28
    I suspect he’s protesting against that home shirt. Styled on the stewards top ?
  • I went to the game with my Orient supporting friend. Although Millwall didn't put out their first team, neither did Orient. Orient dominated most of the game and thoroughly deserved the win. Millwall were very poor. Based on this sort of performance, and the start they have had, I think they will struggle this season.

There was just the one shot on target all game!

The pitch invasion incident was very weird. He just strolled onto the pitch and it took ages before anyone did anything. Then it was just a single steward who tried to tackle him (which he did). Even when they caught him it took ages for more stewards to get there. The referee and players were having to help. The photo is quite a while after he was first tackled.

Not very impressed with the "Gourmet" Burgers. Not very gourmet at all and £9 a pop! The burgers outside The Valley are far better and much cheaper.
  • They have Sheff Wed at The New Den on Saturday and I think that could be the realistic guage of the season to come. I watched Wed v Leeds on Friday  and although Leeds blow hot and cold they absolutely dominated Wednesday who looked dire. 
  • Lucky you seeing an away win at Millwall 😂

Spanners definitely getting tetchy at Harris and Gallen gotta laugh 
  • I went to the game with my Orient supporting friend. Although Millwall didn't put out their first team, neither did Orient. Orient dominated most of the game and thoroughly deserved the win. Millwall were very poor. Based on this sort of performance, and the start they have had, I think they will struggle this season.

The pitch invasion incident was very weird. He just strolled onto the pitch and it took ages before anyone did anything. Then it was just a single steward who tried to tackle him (which he did). Even when they caught him it took ages for more stewards to get there. The referee and players were having to help. The photo is quite a while after he was first tackled.

Not very impressed with the "Gourmet" Burgers. Not very gourmet at all and £9 a pop! The burgers outside The Valley are far better and much cheaper.
    The pitch invader spent far more time in the Orient box than Millwall did.
    I’ve heard we’ve put a bid in for him 

Im not sure how many changes orient made last night but we made 8. The team on Saturday will look nothing like last nights. He gave quite a few players their chance last night and they failed. It was poor. Plus a couple of youngsters who showed, while they have lots of potential, they’re not ready for the first team yet. It was a big learning curve for Harris. I’m expecting a big reaction on Saturday. 
  • Looked like Andy Marshall was trying to kill the guy! 
  • edited August 28
    I went to the game with my Orient supporting friend. Although Millwall didn't put out their first team, neither did Orient. Orient dominated most of the game and thoroughly deserved the win. Millwall were very poor. Based on this sort of performance, and the start they have had, I think they will struggle this season.

Im not sure how many changes orient made last night but we made 8. The team on Saturday will look nothing like last nights. He gave quite a few players their chance last night and they failed. It was poor. Plus a couple of youngsters who showed, while they have lots of potential, they’re not ready for the first team yet. It was a big learning curve for Harris. I’m expecting a big reaction on Saturday. 
    Big reaction in a league game when it was ressies and yoof in the cup? Bit of straw clutching already then 😂

I think slowly the penny will drop that Millwank are exactly that this season... Wank!
  • Hard to believe that there are not three worse teams than Millwall in The Championship this season. Like I said earlier I think Wednesday are going to struggle and we’ll have a better view of Millwalls credentials on Saturday when they meet. Based on my viewing of Wednesday v Leeds last Friday, I’ll be quite surprised if Millwall with home advantage can’t see them off.
  • Sponsored links:

Orient made 7 changes to the team that started on Saturday.

Orient made 7 changes to the team that started on Saturday.
    Fair play to them. They was immense. We was shit. No glossing over that. 
  • Millwall won away at Portsmouth (same division) in this cup they’re now out of.
  • Harris seems a little frustrated in his post match interviews and lack of incomings.  It’s pointless reading too much into the first few games of the season imo.  It might look as though they’re in for a long season on results so far and what Harris has said, but the 46 game season gives every team
    plenty of time to come good (comparatively speaking).

The only thing that might work against them is if they can’t get a result in the next few games and some of the fans remember why they wanted Harris gone in the first place and get on his back.  It’s not ideal if you have to sack your manager within the first 10 games.  We saw that with Adkins and Holden.

I think the next few games will determine what happens there because the Chairman may think they held onto that guy from last season too long and want to act quicker this time

Sheff Wed at home on Sat is very winnable.  Can imagine there will be a fair few agitated if they lose 
  • Anyway let's enjoy any discomfort coming their way while it lasts.

The spawny gits will be ok.
  • Looks as if the spanners are slashing some cash, at last, on a Serb forward.
  • sam3110 said:
    I went to the game with my Orient supporting friend. Although Millwall didn't put out their first team, neither did Orient. Orient dominated most of the game and thoroughly deserved the win. Millwall were very poor. Based on this sort of performance, and the start they have had, I think they will struggle this season.

Big reaction in a league game when it was ressies and yoof in the cup? Bit of straw clutching already then 😂

I think slowly the penny will drop that Millwank are exactly that this season... Wank!
    Well that was the reaction we was after today. If that was ‘wank’ then I’ll take wank all day long lol. Great result and performance. Still early days in the season but it’s something to build on. We’ve had a good window as well so onwards and upwards. 

BTW, looking forward to going back to school next week? 

• Looks as if the spanners are slashing some cash, at last, on a Serb forward.
    He’s out for 8 weeks 😂 
  • They won't need the Serb if they carry on scoring 3 goals with out him