Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wot no Millwall relegation thread?

Comments

• Like it or lump it, Millwall aren't the Millwall of old on the pitch. They've genuinely made some decent signings the last few seasons, Langstaff & Tanganga will further add to that. 

I don't think they'll get near the play-offs, but I'd be surprised if they're near relegation next season. Have them down in the same bracket as Preston and Bristol City.

I just hope we can get promoted to close the gap a bit as it's been a proper shit time being so far behind them and Palace.
    We won our last five games of last season and if you took our form from when Harris took over we would’ve finished 2nd I believe. Replicating that over the course of a whole season is a different matter though, I think we’ll be hoovering around mid table with an outside chance of nicking a play off spot. You literally never know with the championship though. Great league. You should join us some time 😉
    The only hoovering will be going on in the Den bogs.
    And that's just the players.
  • Thread definitely needs to be re-started particularly given Millwall's liking this season of letting in goals in or near the last minute  to give the opposition victory.
  • Perhaps they're missing a decent centre half 😉.

First 2 games of the season they've conceded 7 to our 0. 
  • Michael Hector is available. Championship class apparently.
  • edited August 17
    Perhaps they're missing a decent centre half 😉.

We certainly are missing a decent centre half. His name is Japhet Tanganga, and he’s back in the team next week as suspension will be up. 😊
  • Didn’t realise Millwall had got off to such a flying start…

The irony is, last season the defence was solid, it was scoring goals that was the problem. This season, so far, the polar opposite is true. Sort the defence out and we’ll be fine 
  • We've swapped the style of performance with Millwall. Now we're grinding out 1-0s, while they've gone flakey at the back...
  • Sponsored links:

• What did they destroy on the way out of the ground? 

The irony is, last season the defence was solid, it was scoring goals that was the problem. This season, so far, the polar opposite is true. Sort the defence out and we’ll be fine 
    We said the same thing all season last time around. 

Also Tanganga's career is on a downward trajectory and I expect that to continue this season.
  • Thread definitely needs to be re-started particularly given Millwall's liking this season of letting in goals in or near the last minute  to give the opposition victory.
    Aaaah thanks for this!! This thread brings me so much joy.😁 Especially when we inevitably end up staying up comfortably and I can come back on here and rub all your noses in it 😉😘
    Lower mid table I reckon.......
  • Perhaps they're missing a decent centre half 😉.

We certainly are missing a decent centre half. His name is Japhet Tanganga, and he’s back in the team next week as suspension will be up. 😊
    You'll concede 5 next week then :)
    Aaaah thanks for this!! This thread brings me so much joy.😁 Especially when we inevitably end up staying up comfortably and I can come back on here and rub all your noses in it 😉😘
    Quoting this  ;)

That will be our story this season. Last year we couldn’t keep a clean sheet and had the golden boot winner up front scoring for fun 
    This year so far, rock solid defense but creating zero up front 
    Agreed, there will be 3 worse clubs than them.
    always seems to be the way. I would say they are the Everton of the championship but that would do a disservice to Everton who have actually won something. 
  • edited August 18
    Perhaps they're missing a decent centre half 😉.

Fuck em.
    Fuck em all....lol
  • Sponsored links:

• We start with hope in our hearts and the belief that right is might and the forces of darkness will never prevail...

They are however the spawniest bunch of cnuts. On that subject, and sorry to sully this thread further, I see the Nigels got stuffed today.

The rightful Sarf London (well Surrey anyway) weekend Trifactor.

Addicks  Win
    Spanners Lose
    Nigels Lose.

We live in hope but they will be ok.
  • edited August 18
    Thread definitely needs to be re-started particularly given Millwall's liking this season of letting in goals in or near the last minute  to give the opposition victory.
    always seems to be the way. I would say they are the Everton of the championship but that would do a disservice to Everton who have actually won something. 
    What always seems the way? That there’s always three worse clubs than us in the championship every season? Just three??  The Everton of the championship? like we just about avoid relegation each season? 

Well last season there was 11 teams worse than us. the season before that there was 16 teams worse than us in the championship, 15 teams worse than us the season before that, 13 teams worse than us the season before that, 16 teams worse than us the season before that (one of them being Charlton, the year you got relegated).  In fact we have to go right back to the 18/19 season when there was only 3 teams worse than us. Then the season before that there was 16 teams worse than us again. 

So not sure what your point is? 😆 I don’t see a team barely surviving each season. I see an established championship club who more than hold their own. Hence why this thread (and it’s predecessors) brings me so much joy each year. 😁
    What always seems the way? That there’s always three worse clubs than us in the championship every season? Just three??  The Everton of the championship,  like we just about avoid relegation each season? 

Well last season there was 11 teams worse than us. the season before that there was 16 teams worse than us in the championship, 15 teams worse than us the season before that, 13 teams worse than us the season before that, 16 teams worse than us the season before that (one of them being Charlton, the year you got relegated).  In fact we have to go right back to the 18/19 season when there was only 3 teams worse than us. Then the season before that there was 16 teams worse than us again. 

So not sure what your point is? 😆 I don’t see a team barely surviving each season. I see an established championship club who more than hold their own. Hence why this thread (and it’s predecessors) brings me so much joy each year. 😁
    The only similarities between Everton and you are the blue shirts.
  • Far too early but a promising start.
    What always seems the way? That there’s always three worse clubs than us in the championship every season? Just three??  The Everton of the championship,  like we just about avoid relegation each season? 

So not sure what your point is? 😆 I don’t see a team barely surviving each season. I see an established championship club who more than hold their own. Hence why this thread (and its predecessors) brings me so much joy each year. 😁
    Pride comes before a fall

So not sure what your point is? 😆 I don’t see a team barely surviving each season. I see an established championship club who more than hold their own. Hence why this thread (and its predecessors) brings me so much joy each year. 😁
    Sorry, but it did make me laugh, previous poster making out like we stay up by the skin of our teeth each season when nothing could be further from the truth. 

Sorry, but it did make me laugh, previous poster making out like we stay up by the skin of our teeth each season when nothing could be further from the truth. 
    Guilding the lily somewhat though
    What always seems the way? That there’s always three worse clubs than us in the championship every season? Just three??  The Everton of the championship? like we just about avoid relegation each season? 

what about the season before that ?

what about the season before that ?
    We were in the shit league you’re in now. But it is such a distant memory I can barely remember it 😉