Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wot no Millwall relegation thread?

Comments

• Options
    They won’t go down
  • Options
    More importantly where have our resident scum fans got to
    theyve been pretty quiet (seriously hope they’re all good ) 
    All good thanks mate. Just been busy with one thing or another. 

Well, what can I say, we’ve been proper shit these last couple of games. Hoping it’s just a blip but starting to get a bit concerned now. Not so much the actual defeats, more the nature of them. Hoping Harris gets a reaction out of them. If not we’ll be seeing you boys next season to contest the only genuine SE London Derby 👊🏻
    I’d say the chances are now 50/50. 
    "Lower mid-table" :)
  • Options
    Going to be an interesting end to season with any two of Millwall , Birmingham,Sheffield We’d, Huddersfield or Plymouth to Join Rotherham in our division.

Nightmare if it’s Millwall and Wednesday.
  • Options
    They won’t go down
    Unfortunately this 
  • Options
    I think they'll drop. 0 points from Huddersfield and Rotherham will do them come end of the season, looking at their fixtures I can't see them getting too many points 
    I think they’ll be ok but not by much. Cardiff are very ordinary with nothing to fight for and Plymouth are or should be there for the taking.  That should be enough.
  • Options
    All is not well. Harris threw his players under the bus in his post match interview, so that's not exactly going to help morale going into the final run in.

Still baffles me why they gave him the job anyway. A guy who was fired by Gillingham in league two.
  • Options
    All is not well. Harris threw his players under the bus in his post match interview, so that's not exactly going to help morale going into the final run in.

Still baffles me why they gave him the job anyway. A guy who was fired by Gillingham in league two.
    Harris is a Millwall legend. He got the gig because the owner thought it would appease the fans. To be honest it pretty much did. I think Rotherham and today might have seen that change and remind them that legend or not he’s a crap manager. Quite how you go from getting sacked at Gillingham to a Championship job is odd. 
  • Options
    More importantly where have our resident scum fans got to
    theyve been pretty quiet (seriously hope they’re all good ) 
    All good thanks mate. Just been busy with one thing or another. 

Well, what can I say, we’ve been proper shit these last couple of games. Hoping it’s just a blip but starting to get a bit concerned now. Not so much the actual defeats, more the nature of them. Hoping Harris gets a reaction out of them. If not we’ll be seeing you boys next season to contest the only genuine SE London Derby 👊🏻
    I’d say the chances are now 50/50. 
    "Lower mid-table" :)
    I’m changing my prediction slightly to very low mid-table. Almost bottom of the table but not quite. 
  • Options
    I don't really like Milwall.

Isn't there some kind of EFL loophole that can send them to the Ishmian league south or something?
  • Options
    It will be just like Millwall to best Leicester on Tuesday evening. 

Put a tenner on it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wasn’t there a season not that long ago when Millwall weren’t in the bottom three until the last game of the season finished, and suddenly there they were, relegated?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Wasn’t there a season not that long ago when Millwall weren’t in the bottom three until the last game of the season finished, and suddenly there they were, relegated?
    95/96, think, they were top before we beat them in the snow.
  • Options
    edited April 7
    Correct M25 got closed down that night.

Charltons very tall policeman (Terry)gave me a pair of his leather gloves that evening.

Last time we beat them and really hope we can once again hit them hard . Would love it to be next season.
  • Options
    edited April 7
    I think Millwall are in exactly the position I thought we would find ourselves until Jones replaced Appleton. Probably have just enough to avoid the drop but running it close. Looking at their last five fixtures I can see seven points. Will that be enough ? They had back to back wins v Watford and at Southampton in March which has probably saved them. Take those games out of the equation and the form has looked very indifferent. I think if Millwall achieve those seven points they’ll survive because I can’t see either Sheff Wed, Birmingham or Huddersfield getting more than seven. In fact I think five points might even just get them across the line.
  • Options
    It will be just like Millwall to best Leicester on Tuesday evening. 

Put a tenner on it. 
    Wouldn't surprise me. They're only out of the relegation zone because of their freak win away at Southampton, which is their only away win in the last 4 months.
  • Options
    Be good to play them next season but can’t see it
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I remember it well they were relegated on the last day of the season at Ipswich. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I remember it well they were relegated on the last day of the season at Ipswich. 
    I remember celebrating in The Horse & Groom, no idea why we were in there.
  • Options
    Be good to play them next season but can’t see it
    probably for the best ….. if they went down they may as well save time and start them on 6 points and not bother with our games together 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think they’re going 
  • Options
    I assume that in this unlikely event, we would be using the same old time worn script?

Charlton:  Start brightly, raising preposterous pretensions that we may actually get at least a point.
    Charlton:  Agonisingly miss a chance to go 1 up, woodwork or scuff.
    Spanners: Spawny piece of luck against the run of play AND/OR as a direct result of intimidation, the officials fuck up.
    Charlton:  stand around taking in the inevitabilty of it all.
    Charlton:  Collapse like a pack of cards in ultra slow motion.
    Charlton:  Key squad member out for the season after a bone crunching illegal tackle "missed" by officials.
    Charlton: Red card due to either a frivilous or petulant mistake.
    Spanners: Late flurry of goals to negate any true representation of the game.

…. As night follows day.  
  • Options
    Let’s not get ahead of ourselves and celebrate too soon, they’ve got some winnable games left if they don’t panic and implode…

• Options
    edited April 8
    It’s as much about the teams just below them to be honest. Can’t see two of Huddersfield, Birmingham or Sheff Wed out performing Millwall. Their home game v Cardiff on Saturday is a huge game now. Leicester at home tomorrow yielding any points would be a huge bonus.
  • Options
    The outcomes of tomorrow night and Wednesday’s game will probably have a massive psychological impact one way or another on the remaining matches for all those teams and could be the deciding round bar the technicalities 

• Options
    Just when it looked like they pulled themselves clear 
    They are bang in it again 
    Talking to my friend last night who went to Huddersfield he says the season has taken it out of them & are struggling to field a fit team most of their main players are carrying knocks or out with injuries with nobody to replace them 
    With Leicester tomorrow & Cardiff Saturday they could well be in the bottom 3 by Sunday 

• Options
    This is a crazy season for how many teams are still in the crap so late into the season - it's really fascinating.

The Championship is notoriously exciting and this years relegation battle promises to be no different.  Millwall are definitely in a bad way at the moment and I wouldn't have the confidence in Harris to get them through it - I think their 3 home games are absolutely key to their survival.  If they can make it hostile and be the proverbial 12th man then they stand a chance but I think their last 2 away games at Sunderland and Swansea will be very tough...as should Leicester so realistically they probably need to win against Cardiff and Plymouth and they'll probably be safe but with Plymouth fighting for their lives too that won't be a cakewalk.

• Options
    Plymouth Argyle also have to play Leicester City at home.
  • Options
    The outcomes of tomorrow night and Wednesday’s game will probably have a massive psychological impact one way or another on the remaining matches for all those teams and could be the deciding round bar the technicalities 

I don’t much fancy Hudds or Sheff Wed tomorrow night.