Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wot no Millwall relegation thread?

Comments

• Options
    Unless they’ve lined up someone with a very impressive track record then I think they might have made a mistake. Millwall is a club that has a ceiling and Rowett has kept them very close to it for the last four seasons. 
  • Options
    I notice Rowett didn't thank those cuddly Millwall fans.
    Errrr:

From the link on the Millwall site... Rowett added: “Firstly, I would like to thank the fans for all their support during my time at the club. The atmosphere they create is truly unique.

“I have thoroughly enjoyed being manager of Millwall and depart with a feeling that the club has progressed during my tenure. As is sometimes the case in football, the time just feels right to part ways.

“I would like to thank John Berylson, James, Steve Kavanagh, Alex Aldridge, my backroom staff, and everyone behind-the-scenes for their hard work and support.

“Finally, I’d like to extend my gratitude to the players, who I thank for the blood, sweat, and tears they have put into their efforts. It has been a successful and enjoyable four years.”

Genuinely thankful for what he achieved but believe the squad is now capable of more than he can get out of them. That's not to say his successor will achieve that, but we live in hope.

Correct decision and the sporadic wins were just papering over the cracks and putting off the inevitable.
  • Options
    Errrr:

From the link on the Millwall site... Rowett added: “Firstly, I would like to thank the fans for all their support during my time at the club. The atmosphere they create is truly unique.

“I have thoroughly enjoyed being manager of Millwall and depart with a feeling that the club has progressed during my tenure. As is sometimes the case in football, the time just feels right to part ways.

“I would like to thank John Berylson, James, Steve Kavanagh, Alex Aldridge, my backroom staff, and everyone behind-the-scenes for their hard work and support.

“Finally, I’d like to extend my gratitude to the players, who I thank for the blood, sweat, and tears they have put into their efforts. It has been a successful and enjoyable four years.”

Genuinely thankful for what he achieved but believe the squad is now capable of more than he can get out of them. That's not to say his successor will achieve that, but we live in hope.

Correct decision and the sporadic wins were just papering over the cracks and putting off the inevitable.
    I read that a few times and was certain it wasn't there earlier (especially as it's the opening line).
    Strange if I missed it.
  • Options
    Errrr:

Don’t let facts get in the way of a good post 😁
  • Options
    Lincoln have sacked their manager tonight … 
  • Options
    Errrr:

Agree 
  • Options
    Errrr:

I read that a few times and was certain it wasn't there earlier (especially as it's the opening line).
    Strange if I missed it.
    You might be right, mate. Wouldn't surprise me if it was an after-addition. I'd be reluctant to thank the fans had I achieved what he achieved. Trouble is that being on the inside and watching the actual football played paints a very different picture than the picture seen by others looking in. It was stale and negative. We'd have been 'safe' this season with him. Of that I have no doubt. Unfortunately for him, he's been the architect of his own downfall.

He had the chance to kick on with the additional signings we've made but we were still playing the negative brand that fans wanted to get away from.

I agree with a previous poster who said that Mr Chairman probably wouldn't have pulled the trigger. For me this is possibly a good sign in that James Berylson is his own man and willing to make difficult decisions.

Interesting times for sure  :)
  • Options
    Errrr:

Agree 
    Sounds frighteningly familiar.
  • Options
    Would You boys take John Eustace?
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Not sure to be honest. Haven't seen much of Birmingham this season.

I would take Muscat, though. Bring the madness back  :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure to be honest. Haven't seen much of Birmingham this season.

I would take Muscat, though. Bring the madness back  :D
    And the cost of extra ambulances.... B)
  • Options
    Reckon this has got Nathan Jones written all over it.

For me, this is the wrong decision results wise, but all the Milwall fans I know, say they were really bored with the brand of football, so maybe it’s the right one on an entertainment level.
  • Options
    Muscat doesn't deserve to work in football. Biggest wanker going
    His done OK out in Australia plus ex Millwall so could be in the running  for the job 
  • Options
    Errrr:

Strange if I missed it.
    You might be right, mate. Wouldn't surprise me if it was an after-addition. I'd be reluctant to thank the fans had I achieved what he achieved. Trouble is that being on the inside and watching the actual football played paints a very different picture than the picture seen by others looking in. It was stale and negative. We'd have been 'safe' this season with him. Of that I have no doubt. Unfortunately for him, he's been the architect of his own downfall.

He had the chance to kick on with the additional signings we've made but we were still playing the negative brand that fans wanted to get away from.

I agree with a previous poster who said that Mr Chairman probably wouldn't have pulled the trigger. For me this is possibly a good sign in that James Berylson is his own man and willing to make difficult decisions.

Some said before Curbs left us as that we were stagnating mid table in the Premier League. I forget how many managers we've had since trying to get us finishing higher than he managed, but we never had it so good then and are likely to be waiting a good while longer yet. 🙄
  • Options
    Errrr:

Strange if I missed it.

Could have been that he just had enough after working all out getting you to a decent level increased the gates 
    & getting non stop stick from the fans
    Must get to you 
  • Options
    Only 3 points off the play offs seems an odd decision unless Millwall think they should now be a top 6 side. 

Hope it backfires on them spectacularly  B)
  • Options
    Only 3 points off the play offs seems an odd decision unless Millwall think they should now be a top 6 side. 

Hope it backfires on them spectacularly  B)
    If it was indeed Millwalls decision alone. The timing of this would suggest otherwise 
  • Options
    mutual consent wasn't it?

of course that doesn't rule out him being told it was over and receiving a hefty pay off OR him resigning and the mutual consent being them accepting his resignation 
  • Options
    Please be Ian Holloway, please be Ian Holloway 🤞🏻 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gary and the club were discussing a mutual ending last week.   Gary's Dad says things aren't the same since the Chairman passed away and after 4 years he wants to be back home.

Definitely a mutual agreement.  With a mutually agreed pay off. 

• Options
    supaclive said:
    Gary and the club were discussing a mutual ending last week.   Gary's Dad says things aren't the same since the Chairman passed away and after 4 years he wants to be back home.

Definitely a mutual agreement.  With a mutually agreed pay off. 

“Not the same” implies that Rowett wasn’t comfortable with how things were going or heading ? It can’t be that the new intention is to throw money at it or GR would’ve been happy. Also seems the status quo has been disrupted or why “not the same” seems like a big moment for our neighbours.

• Options
    John loved Millwall.  His son doesn't. 

Rich Cawley's latest comments on X are very true.  Gary is a family man and has missed his youngest son growing up on a daily basis but has enjoyed seeing his eldest son, who works in London on a more regular basis than he would have.
  • Options
    Interested to see what sort of manager Millwall attract as the ‘unique’ atmosphere that GR alludes to would definitely put off more than a few

I can’t see the likes of Bowyer and Holden being tempted even if they were in the frame

Hope GR gets a job at a bigger club now he deserves it, have the Gills replaced yet? 
  • Options
    Interested to see what sort of manager Millwall attract as the ‘unique’ atmosphere that GR alludes to would definitely put off more than a few

I can’t see the likes of Bowyer and Holden being tempted even if they were in the frame

Hope GR gets a job at a bigger club now he deserves it, have the Gills replaced yet? 
    Give it a couple of months and he may be able to join your managerial merry-go-round  :o
  • Options
    Ha they would string him up
  • Options
    Ched Evans fit after eight months to play against Millwall Saturday. Let us hope he has got his shooting boots on
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    Ha they would string him up
    Holloway and Millwall have very close connections.
    Ha they hate him after his time with them they reckon the best thing that happened when he was there
    Was the camouflage kit for Remembrance game 
    Other then that everything else was shit
    Me or you have got more of a chance of getting the job then him ha