Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Aribo

Comments

• Options
    20 thousand reasons a week to go to Glasgow  would turn every single head on here 
  • Options
    20 thousand reasons a week to go to Glasgow  would turn every single head on here 
    For a club that was skint not too long ago, is 20k the figure or is 10k a more realistic figure ? I know their gates are high but they still shop in the cheap zone.
  • Options
    What I think has happened, is his agent has made out he has all these offers to Rangers from premier league clubs, German etc. The interest was never actually there but it's made Rangers pay the agent more fees etc.

German top flight clubs and depending on what French clubs would pay more than Rangers deffo. 
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    Odd that no Premier League club have made Joe Aribo a concrete proposal. It’s not as if the lad hasn’t been fully exposed to the market.

Assuming he goes to Rangers (Rich Cawley is usually well informed) and Joe does the business, he’ll be on the move to the Premier League within a year or two for big money.

Duchatelet’s ridiculous parsimony has cost us (and him) big time. Talk about a false economy.

Stop fannying about Roland and just sell the bloody club.
    Hopefully with a couple of league titles to his name
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Not to mention the fact that he’ll be managed by Steven Gerrard, who in Aribo’s life time was arguably the best in the world in playing the sort of footballing style that Joe plays himself. 

Seruously think that element is being undervalued by those who think it is purely about money.
    Hasn’t even considered the Gerard factor myself your right 

i also dont blame  him leaving or taking 20k a week I’d do it 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Not to mention the fact that he’ll be managed by Steven Gerrard, who in Aribo’s life time was arguably the best in the world in playing the sort of footballing style that Joe plays himself. 

Seruously think that element is being undervalued by those who think it is purely about money.
    Hasn’t even considered the Gerard factor myself your right 

i also dont blame  him leaving or taking 20k a week I’d do it 
    I thought this was honestly one of the most deciding factors and regardless of a year in Europe or a year learning from arguably the greatest England midfielder and leader for club. 

What a player to learn your trade from, and I'm not undermining Bowyer either. 

Good luck to the kid, although a very good player I don't think he's a level above yet but could do with the right guidance. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:

We've benefited ourselves from having an excellent and well known midfielder as our manager.

Looking back, when Robinson used to bring in "big names" to help with coaching was that a sign that he realised that players are sometimes more likely to listen to somebody famous? Indeed it massively worked in our favour as would he have brought in Bowyer in the first place if he had only been a journeyman L1 player?
  • Options
    cafctom said:

A natural continuance of having played under another top midfielder.  Gerrard also seems like another decent manager who played at the highest level with a winner’s ethic.  Aribo will have also weighed up (depending on which prem teams were in for him), his likely game time maybe.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Joe should do well at Glasgow Rangers as most weeks he will come up against League 1 standard defenders. 

Good Luck lad and you leave without a Staines on your character.

He wont get as much media  coverage up there. It used to be English players left for Scotland towards the end of their careers.....like Gascoigne & Hately did......not at the start. 

Oh well, at least he can check his bank balance every week if he gets bored playing in front of a few thousand fans at Kilmarnock & St Mirren. 
  • Options
    Good but good luck to him. No way I believe he is getting 20k a week though 
  • Options
    Sometimes clubs are unlucky when they lose players - I don't entirely blame the owner for us losing Grant and Bauer for example

By contrast the Aribo contract situation was an entirely self inflicted own goal, which has cost the club (and Roland) a lot of money.
    You have cheered me up by reminding me Roly is missing out on a payday.
  • Options
    Good luck, Joe. Wish you all the best for a long and successful career. Hopefully, one day you’ll come home 
  • Options
    I reckon in reality he didn’t have all these other clubs chasing him and his agent perpetuated (maybe initiated) those rumours to try and get a bidding war going.
  • Options
    For a club that was skint not too long ago, is 20k the figure or is 10k a more realistic figure ? I know their gates are high but they still shop in the cheap zone.
    20k p/w has been quoted all over the press.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    I reckon in reality he didn’t have all these other clubs chasing him and his agent perpetuated (maybe initiated) those rumours to try and get a bidding war going.
    Wouldn't have been for a bidding war, would have been his agent pocketing himself a much higher agent fee I would say.

Truly can't stand football agents, proper scumbags, on par with estate agents (sorry any lifer estate agents) 
  • Options
    They will sell him for £5-10M in one to two years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good but good luck to him. No way I believe he is getting 20k a week though 
    Heard it's more like 10
  • Options
    £10 a week is a bit low!!

• Options
    FYI... Rangers' turnover was £35.3M, with a profit of £5.2M in their last accounts. According to Airman, our revs will be £14-15M this coming year and thus our loss somewhere between £4-7M, assuming our owner pockets all the new money. Rangers are more than twice our size economically and far healthier financially. They would be the most profitable club in the Championship with those numbers and their average attendance is 49,000 per match. In terms of economics, club fame and club wages, this was a step-up, not a lateral transfer for Joe. Also, I suspect Celtic matched Rangers' offer but Aribo probably felt he would get more playing time at Rangers. I doubt Rangers was his only offer in the £20k/week range. Guessing our best offer under Douchatelet was 10k at best. For Aribo, this would be a no-brainer move and I fault him zero. This gets laid at the feet of the usual suspect.
  • Options
    I think he will regret that big time. Money wise maybe not football yes.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    For me we now need to sign up Williams while we still can regardless of strikers.

Disappointing Aribo has chosen Rangers and only going to get two matches a year which are a step up from League One but once he's gone it's not really our concern where he's chosen to go.

Thanks for helping us get out of League One Joe.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Stevie g isn’t fit to tie viera’s shoes. Gerrard never won a league or an international title. He won the champions league once and a maybe a few fa cups. If you judge a player on trophies won, he is bang average!  He manages in a two team league and finished second

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Lucky that a team's trophies isn't the best way to judge an individual player.

Who was better in the Premier League this season, Van Dijk or John Stones?
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Stevie g isn’t fit to tie viera’s shoes. Gerrard never won a league or an international title. He won the champions league once and a maybe a few fa cups. If you judge a player on trophies won, he is bang average!  He manages in a two team league and finished second

Yeah you’re right. Call the deal off Joe - Steven Gerrard knows nothing about playing in midfield. 
  • Options
    Think there’s a lot of disrespect towards the Scottish league and Joe in general right now.

Every chance that he can continue to progress up that way. Look at van Dijk. Yes, for every VVD there are 20 Joe Dodoos but can you blame an ambitious kid for believing he will be the 1 in 20?