Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• christ, tale the 2 fours then see out the over FFS, no need to even play it.  Madness.
  • There was literally no need. Just knock the ball about. Rotate the strike. He nearly holed out the four before. Should have realised then that he needed to calm down

• Wtf...???  Its not a one day game with limited overs. We even have tomorrow if needs be. Just BLOCK 
  • edited August 2019
    Ben Stokes told him too block the last ball.
    This reminds me of the round Robin game against the Aussies when Stokes ran out of Partners in that WC match at Lord's.
    Or was he last man out ?
  • Game. Really needed more from Woakes or Buttler.
  • Sigh. We were doing so well. 2 moments of madness has cost us in this innings (bairstow and the the run out). Completely shifted the momentum of the match
  • edited August 2019
    Been a much better effort than anyone expected, but ultimately we lost this in our first innings.

Would've probably won the last test but for rain, and would've won this but for that shambolic first innings. Just scoring a pathetic 150 in the 1st innings would've been enough.

We could be 2-1 up but now we're 2-0 down. 
  • To think that we only needed a total of 107 in the first innings to win the game makes things 10 times more painful than they should be
  • To think that we only needed a total of 107 in the first innings to win the game makes things 10 times more painful than they should be
    Why 107? 
  • Stokes is simply a ridiculous player. Pietersen levels of talent.
  • Sponsored links:

• If only we still had a couple more batsman left. Why did Archer go for the big 'un  ??

• If only we still had a couple more batsman left. Why did Archer go for the big 'un  ??

If only Buttler hadn't got run out.
  • Brave taking a single off the second and leaving Leach to face 4 balls

Archer was a little bit unlucky.  The shot he got out to was a pretty good sweep shot, aimed at keeping it down; it just caught a leading edge and flew.  Unlike the other two swings, he didn't mean to hit it in the air.  In context, it wasn't the worst shot he played that over! 
  • Ben Stokes > Steve Smith
  • Brave taking a single off the second and leaving Leach to face 4 balls
    It wasn't deliberate!

Leach is very good for a number 11, as he showed against Ireland he can defend well

Why 107? 
    Because that was what it was when I posted - 80 now. And that makes it even more ridiculous that we will probably lose.

However, if you keep asking and I keep replying then this might happen:

Callumcafc said:
    Still 130 needed. Not getting carried away yet, always wary of quick wickets with this middle order.

And Lyon is looking ominous too...
    That's our problem. 235/4 could easily turn into 245/7
    And 359-9 ;-)
  • I can’t bear it. 
  • Chizz said:
    Ben Stokes > Steve Smith
    Not EVEN close but he's the best we have. 
  • I was only joking when I said stokes will do this in 6’s
  • Sponsored links:

• supaclive said:
    Chizz said:
    Ben Stokes > Steve Smith
    In this situation Stokes blows smith away. Has to go big, has to keep the strike. 

Its genius cricket.
  • If Stokes wins this match for England his innings will be talked about in the same way that Bothams was all those years ago. 
  • Laddick01 said:
    supaclive said:
    Chizz said:
    Ben Stokes > Steve Smith
    In this situation Stokes blows smith away. Has to go big, has to keep the strike. 

Its genius cricket.
    Against the second best test batsmen of all time ?.... do me a favour.  He ran out Butler.
  • Laddick01 said:
    supaclive said:
    Chizz said:
    Ben Stokes > Steve Smith

Its genius cricket.
    I can't remember a better 0 not out in ten balls than Leach, too...
  • If Stokes wins this match for England his innings will be talked about in the same way that Bothams was all those years ago. 
    Has SPOTY secured even if we lose today!!
  • Chizz said:
    Laddick01 said:
    supaclive said:
    Chizz said:
    Ben Stokes > Steve Smith

Its genius cricket.
    I can't remember a better 0 not out in ten balls than Leach, too...
    Leach is exactly what we need at the other end, a blocker rather than a slogger
  • supaclive said:
    Laddick01 said:
    supaclive said:
    Chizz said:
    Ben Stokes > Steve Smith

Its genius cricket.
    Against the second best test batsmen of all time ?.... do me a favour.  He ran out Butler.
    I’m not saying he’s better in tests format . This is a one day game now. It’s Stokes vs Australia.
  • what an effort this is by Stokes, can we really do it!
  • This is the greatest innings I’ve ever seen. 
  • Laddick01 said:
    supaclive said:
    Laddick01 said:
    supaclive said:
    Chizz said:
    Ben Stokes > Steve Smith

Its genius cricket.
    I’m not saying he’s better in tests format . This is a one day game now. It’s Stokes vs Australia.
    For The Ashes.  On a four day old pitch.  With no fielding restrictions and over 100 overs....??

Right.....