Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• Bairstow and Stokes still  in Lunch time and another 35 to 40 runs then we can have a different conversation but despite the slight change of momentum, means naught if we lose another wicket before nosh time.

• edited August 2019
    150 needed with an attack that looks a bit nervous and worried with a set stokes and bairstow with butler to come. If this was a one dayer I would be sitting back, enjoying and waiting for the England win. Unfortunately, it’s not a one dayer
  • It's the hope that kills you.
    And the agony has been ramped up as our hope increases!
  • edited August 2019
    150 needed with an attack that looks a bit nervous and worried with a set stokes and bairstow with butler to come. If this was a one dayer I would be sitting back, enjoying and waiting for the England win. Unfortunately, it’s not a one dayer
    On the other hand, you usually have five bowlers in a one day match (not four, plus some pretend spinners); they won't have already bowled 18+ overs each and, in a one day match there will only be 50 overs in which to chase the score, not (potentially) much more than twice that!
  • Still 130 needed. Not getting carried away yet, always wary of quick wickets with this middle order.

And Lyon is looking ominous too...
  • Still 130 needed. Not getting carried away yet, always wary of quick wickets with this middle order.

That's our problem. 235/4 could easily turn into 245/7

That's our problem. 235/4 could easily turn into 245/7
    And 359-9 ;-)
  • edited August 2019
    Bairstow and Stokes still  in Lunch time and another 35 to 40 runs then we can have a different conversation but despite the slight change of momentum, means naught if we lose another wicket before nosh time.

Mission possible.
    Sensible batting by Bairstow and Stokes.
  • 238-4 at lunch. Still 121 runs to get.
  • 238-4 at lunch.  Only 121 runs to get. 

:wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Think the tail are going to be left with 20-30 to get.

If it goes down to him I hope Broad can get it over the line.
  • Given Buttler's current form, i wonder what his instructions will be. Try and smash a quick 30-40, or get out for 7 trying to bat sensibly?
  • Chizz said:
    238-4 at lunch.   121 runs to get. 

:# 
    Fixed.
  • COME ON ENGLAND, we can do this
  • After the agony of 45 minutes under the cosh yesterday, another day of horrible tension!
  • Given Buttler's current form, i wonder what his instructions will be. Try and smash a quick 30-40, or get out for 7 trying to bat sensibly?
    Batting sensibly doesn't mean not hitting any bad ball. The first session was two polar opposite approaches.
    Both hours were good in there own way other than Root not looking at Lyon for one over before being positive.
    Aussies still favourites for me but becoming interesting.
  • The ball is moving less today than on any other day in the test match so far (swing, day 1 1.22 degrees, D2 0.9, D3 0.78, D4 0.6; seam 0.9, 0.81 0.75, 0.53).  Bairstow attaching Hazlewood (18 in 16 balls; 16 in 43 balls v everyone else) has made a big difference.  WinViz has England at 51%.  An England win is odds-on favourite (best price right now 1/2; Australia 11/6).

Lyon is bowling more, flatter, faster balls than in any previous test this Summer and is taking the edge less often. 

All to play for. 

• *phew*
  • Umpire pressured in to a call. Amateur.
  • I think the Aussies use the appeals as a means to get in the England players heads.
  • Sponsored links:

• Awful from Bairstow 
  • Oh dear...
  • And there go the ashes ...
  • Bye bye Ashes.  Thanks Bairstow for your massive 36 runs, dropped catches etc. 
  • Rudders22 said:
    Bye bye Ashes.  Thanks Bairstow for your massive 36 runs, dropped catches etc. 
    You might be the most negative person on here. Christ
  • edited August 2019
    Probably England's best 2 "aggressive" batsmen  in & now is the time for patience & picking off  the loose balls. 

You saw the last 30-40 mins before lunch the Aussie bowlers were tiring & the ball not swinging.Got to keep out there & not panic.

Get the target to under 100 runs without losing another wicket & we have a good chance. 
  • Turned on this morning just as Root went and turned over, checked at lunch saw we hadn't lost anyone else so thought I'd watch a bit after lunch, turned over again and saw Bairstow go - it's clearly my fault for watching so I'm now going to watch football all afternoon instead.
  • Ffs Buttler 
  • FFS that's ridiculous