Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• Ben18 said:
    Great,

Graham Thorpe said England will not make wholesale changes to their side for the final two Tests.

"We've got to keep working with these players because these are the best players we have," he told TMS.

heard the same interview. i dont know a huge amount about the county game and who is knocking on the door but from what he was saying there doesn't seem to be anyone. 
  • Ben18 said:
    Great,

Graham Thorpe said England will not make wholesale changes to their side for the final two Tests.

"We've got to keep working with these players because these are the best players we have," he told TMS.

He obviously watched "The Verdict" on Sky last night & agrees with Trott. Willis was 100% in the opposite camp & said only Root & Stokes are good enough for the Test team. 
  • Ben18 said:
    Great,

He obviously watched "The Verdict" on Sky last night & agrees with Trott. Willis was 100% in the opposite camp & said only Root & Stokes are good enough for the Test team. 
    In what world would Thorpe, or any other coach say anything else in the middle of a test match, in the middle of a live series? 
  • edited August 2019
    Something needs to change quickly. We’ve got our tickets for Newlands and Port Elizabeth. Although actually, never seen us lose overseas (Oz 2011, SA 2015, St Lucia 2019) 

After his his performance and effort yesterday, could stokes be captain? 
    Oooh nice.  My favourite part of the World.  Proper handy schedule putting on the two tests at either end of the Garden route back to back like that!
  • Labuschagne dropped yet again (Bairstow again)
  • Chizz said:
    Ben18 said:
    Great,

In what world would Thorpe, or any other coach say anything else in the middle of a test match, in the middle of a live series? 
    Say NOTHING except we fully back this side to win this match .
  • Overthrows, dropped catches, no balls. 

Even the fundamentals are poor.
  • Does this work? Brilliant view. Looks like a picture of the telly. 
  • I don't know if I am being unfair on him but Root has never impressed me much as a captain.
  • Sponsored links:

• Finally  !!  
  • Shame is wasn't "lucky" Labuschange 
  • Archer bouncers at Cummins please 
  • Think Bairstow needs a lie down.
  • Labuschagne has played well. But the guy definitely has 9 lives.
  • edited August 2019
    Laddick01 said:
    Labuschagne has played well. But the guy definitely has 9 lives.
       Carbon copy of Lords. Albeit he was under more pressure there. Archer softened him up but couldnt follow it up with his wicket.

I'll say one thing.The fella has balls of steel. Could you imagine Roy standing up to such scrutiny?
  • Little bit of advice for the England bowlers...BOWL AT THE EFFING STUMPS!!

• @suzisausage - is that you applauding as Stokesy walked back to his spot at the end of his over?
  • No, am near there but back row (there are 9 rows) 4 seats from the central screen in the new stand. Dec in England one day shirt. Not far from where stokes was fielding. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Fielding has been atrocious. Dropped catches , overthrow and misfields leading to 4's. Awful.
  • Ben18 said:
    Great,

To be fair the two aren't mutually exclusive - they can be the best we have but still not good enough.
  • No, am near there but back row (there are 9 rows) 4 seats from the central screen in the new stand. Dec in England one day shirt. Not far from where stokes was fielding. 
    ah bloody hell, could have sworn that was you in the blue.  Was looking for your husbands beard sitting next you but couldnt see him, thats what made me unsure it was you!
  • Match figures of 85-8 in a losing side for Archer.  Must feel sick. 
  • edited August 2019
    8 and a quarter sessions to get 359 runs. Doable. 
  • edited August 2019
    Ben18 said:
    Great,

To be fair the two aren't mutually exclusive - they can be the best we have but still not good enough.
    Bob Willis does like to be "controversial". Does he really feel Broad,  Burns, Archer and Woakes aren't good enough? 
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    No, am near there but back row (there are 9 rows) 4 seats from the central screen in the new stand. Dec in England one day shirt. Not far from where stokes was fielding. 
    ah bloody hell, could have sworn that was you in the blue.  Was looking for your husbands beard sitting next you but couldnt see him, thats what made me unsure it was you!
    I prob look more like the person behind her!!! 
  • England could gave done without taking the final wicker at 12:30. 20 minutes before lunch to survive doesn't fill me with any confidence
  • England could gave done without taking the final wicker at 12:30. 20 minutes before lunch to survive doesn't fill me with any confidence
    I wondered if there was such a thing as a lunch watchman. 

Goes hand in hand with not making subs at a corner in football. 😳