Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• I don't believe it !

That would have been out but it was a no ball.

Stokes is getting wound up with the dropped catch and now the no ball.
    He should take his bowling mark back 18 inches, then he won't over-step.

I can never understand why bowlers have to get so close to the line.
  • 1StevieG said:
    @Chizz how long have you been watching test cricket?
    A long time. It seems even longer.
  • Until we sort out the top 3 or 4 batsmen in our test side we will struggle. 
    Don't ask me for the answer though it is an area where we are seriously weak.
  • Ben Stokes has another one go down.
    On a good day Bairstow would have taken that catch.

• Chizz said:
    1StevieG said:
    You still think we can win? ;)
  • Until we sort out the top 3 or 4 batsmen in our test side we will struggle. 
    Don't ask me for the answer though it is an area where we are seriously weak.
    We probably compete with the best teams in the world from numbers 5-11. But we'll always struggle until the top of the order sports itself out.
  • Roy, Denly, Bairstow and Buttler all have to go. Replace with three proper batsmen and a keeper. Suggestions include Sibley, Pope, Foakes (who should NEVER have been dropped ffs) and one of Northeast, Hildreth and Dent
  • Chizz said:
    1StevieG said:
    I'll repeat what I said earlier. I think we can. I think we won't. 

Do you agree with me?
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    1StevieG said:

Do you agree with me?
    In the same way I think Charlton can win 25-0 tomorrow, but actually won’t.

i agree with you 
  • Leuth said:
    Roy, Denly, Bairstow and Buttler all have to go. Replace with three proper batsmen and a keeper. Suggestions include Sibley, Pope, Foakes (who should NEVER have been dropped ffs) and one of Northeast, Hildreth and Dent
    I can't believe it. 
    We absolutely agree. 
    You are not as silly as I thought you was 😁
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    1StevieG said:

Do you agree with me?
    In the same way I think Charlton can win 25-0 tomorrow, but actually won’t.

i agree with you 
    Good
  • Leuth said:
    Roy, Denly, Bairstow and Buttler all have to go. Replace with three proper batsmen and a keeper. Suggestions include Sibley, Pope, Foakes (who should NEVER have been dropped ffs) and one of Northeast, Hildreth and Dent
    I can't believe it. 
    We absolutely agree. 
    You are not as silly as I thought you was 😁
    Bloody ell !!
  • Well done Stokes. Absolutely deserves that.
  • He's certainly responded to his crap spell yesterday
  • Chizz said:
    Well done Stokes. Absolutely deserves that.
    Always gives 100%.
    A captains dream.
  • Chizz said:
    1StevieG said:
    With the Ashes retained by Australia after this match.  Now IS the perfect time to rebuild.

Root to resign and concentrate on batting.
    Appoint a redball coach.
    Pick the best, young, county cricketers for long form cricket.

• Well done Broad. Absolutely deserves that. And really good awareness from Denley.
  • Amazingly bad review haha
  • edited August 2019
    Denly should be given this series. The problem he has is he is always in within 5 overs.

burns
    sibley
    root
    denley
    stokes
    pope
    bairstow/foakes
    archer
    broad
    leach
    anderson

• edited August 2019
    I quite pleased that the team haven't thrown the towel in yet unlike many on Social media.

We would collectively have to bat way above the standard set so far.

Stokes should be on 5 wickets now.
    One was he own fault with the no ball.
  • Sponsored links:

• Denly shouldn't be given any more chances unless he scores big now. This is it. He's had plenty more opportunity than some equally-deserving players (Hildreth, to name one)
  • 171-6 cop.
  • edited August 2019
    Leuth said:
    Team talk from @Leuth ahead of England's most important run-chase this century: "Do your best.  Oh, and apart from Joe Root, if your name begins with "J", you're dropped. Good luck everyone else". 
  • Denly is mainly one of the top scorers in most innings, although I agree that doesn’t say much. We need a proper opener who can spend time at the crease and protect the other top order batsmen. If denly was coming in after 40/50 overs with over 100 on the board, an older ball and not fresh bowlers, rather than coming in at 10-2 every innings, his good little 30’s night become 50’s.
  • Both Denly and Roy for different reasons aren't Test match batsmen. Indeed both should now be playing at Canterbury 
  • Chizz said:
    Leuth said:
    Team talk from @Leuth ahead of England's most important run-chase this century: "Do your best.  Oh, and apart from Joe Root, if your name begins with "J", you're dropped. Good luck everyone else". 
    We should definitely not drop Archer & I think Leach deserves another chance as well.
  • You'll notice I didn't drop either of them!
  • Bloody ell. Shopping arrives at 7.10 (so 10 minutes after the slot) and the driver doesn't deliver the poxy milk that I ordered and just left. Good job I got the beers in the fridge. Can't put it on cereal though. 
  • Hildreth is picking a player for the sake of picking a player! If he is that good, why hasn’t he been picked before? 
  • Hildreth is picking a player for the sake of picking a player! If he is that good, why hasn’t he been picked before? 
    He’s played in the Ashes before, ask Ricky Ponting!