Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• Unbelievable 
  • Oh my word!  Being there must have been amazing.
  • What an innings from Stokes!!!!

And Leach you showed real courage too.
  • What an innings from Leech!!!

Just did his job whenever he was up against it, shame a few others ahead of him didnt!!
  • YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

Unbelievable performance by Stokes
  • OMG.....

That is even better than winning the WC last month. 
  • SIR BENJAMIN STOKES.
  • edited August 2019
    The most crazy test match ever.
    Ben Stokes is an absolute genius 
    This man could walk on water.

Ben Stokes or Leach for MOM.
  • Sponsored links:

• No words can describe that innings. Unreal.
  • SIR BENJAMIN STOKES.
    Wouldnt surprise me
  • I'm in shock. I didn't think at any stage that wedw win that. Stokes is incredible.
  • Sweating like a bitch here, only seen highlights of Beefy's innings but surely that from Stokes tops it?
  • DID I JUST SEE THAT???????

• To think that we only needed a total of 107 in the first innings to win the game makes things 10 times more painful than they should be
    Why 107? 
    Because that was what it was when I posted - 80 now. And that makes it even more ridiculous that we will probably lose.

However, if you keep asking and I keep replying then this might happen:

Callumcafc said:
    Still 130 needed. Not getting carried away yet, always wary of quick wickets with this middle order.

And Lyon is looking ominous too...
    That's our problem. 235/4 could easily turn into 245/7
    And 359-9 ;-)
    Many apologies for getting it so wrong but I was only 3 runs out.
  • Superb...... at work listening to this...yesterday morning I asked an aussie mate give us a chance even if it is no chance, his reply sorry cant do that mate...interesting our texts tonight will be when I get home. Stokes was incredible...
  • Brilliant absolutely brilliant, what a game, Aussies lost the plot at the end, fancy wasting a review and missing a run out.  
  • We have been given a lifeline now in this series, don't blow it.
  • Sponsored links:

• OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Oh we of little faith !!!!!!!
  • Arise Sir Ben Stokes . Incredible! 
  • Best £50 I’ve ever spent. 

So pleased you got to see that. And f8cking jealous  :D
  • Still 130 needed. Not getting carried away yet, always wary of quick wickets with this middle order.

And Lyon is looking ominous too...
    That's our problem. 235/4 could easily turn into 245/7
    And 359-9 ;-)
    Boom
  • Is that the best ever innings to win a test match? Leach 1*.  Amazing!  Stokes did quite well, too, of course.
  • edited August 2019
    Best £50 I’ve ever spent. 

Congratulations Suzi.....how about breaking a habit of a lifetime and give me a like! o:)
  • Just woke up in time to follow the last two overs on BBC live text. Assumed it’d all be over by the time I got up today. Extraordinary stuff. It might only be once every ten years, but Test Cricket, and particularly the Ashes sometimes produced truly unreal drama. 

A potential turning point but England’s batting still looks so frail. I wonder if they were feeling added pressure to perform with Smith missing for Australia. Thank goodness in Stokes we have at least one big game player. 

Brace yourselves for the anticlimax of two rain affected draws, 600 more runs for Smith, and Australia retaining the Ashes. 
  • WOW. just WOW. Couldn't watch any of it. Watched football then monitoring on bbc cricket.