Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• Quite incredible that we were dead and buried yesterday and now we must be favourites - that's got to seriously sting for the Aussies. 

Test Cricket - nothing quite like it. 

That pisses all over the World Cup and that wasn't shabby! 

Sat in a beach bar watching on sky go with a hendricks in hand - not a bad day. Might look at the Championship table to cheer me up even further...

• The Most remarkable thing about "The Innings" is Ben Stokes started off as Geoff Boycott and then metamorphosed into Ian Botham.

Not sure Beefy could do a reverse sweep for 6 !

So maybe it's not so bad when talented players go into one day mode when all seems lost in a five day test match.
  • Apparently Wikipedia now describes the Ashes as a cricket contest between Australia and Ben Stokes.
    Surely Smith, Smith's sub and Stokes?
    Beat me to it
    @Todds_right_hook well you could at least give me a like then.
    @AddicksAddict as England won, have 2
  • There must have been a few records gone today?
    Most fuourth innings rtuns to win being one? 
  • Going to OT test on the Friday. So pleased the series is still alive! Now just got the weather to worry about.
  • Still can't believe we won. Luck was smiling on us late on in that innings.

Tim Paine wasting that review when the ball was about a mile outside leg stump.
    Joel Wilson for either being completely blind or just closing his eyes for the LBW shout.
    And lastly to Nathan Lyon for missing the simplest of run out chances.
  • There must have been a few records gone today?
    Most fuourth innings rtuns to win being one? 
    See earlier.  Record only for England.  Second best in the world.
  • WOW. just WOW. Couldn't watch any of it. Watched football then monitoring on bbc cricket. 
  • Sponsored links:

• When I watched they got a wicket, so I decided it was me and watched the football, keeping up on bbc site! Even when it got tight, I didn't want to jinx it!
  • Still can't believe we won. Luck was smiling on us late on in that innings.

Tim Paine wasting that review when the ball was about a mile outside leg stump.
    Joel Wilson for either being completely blind or just closing his eyes for the LBW shout.
    And lastly to Nathan Lyon for missing the simplest of run out chances.
    Bad mistake by Australia. They should have learned by now that you need to keep back reviews for Joel Wilson errors! Indeed when Wilson is umpiring, teams should be allowed an extra review  :D
  • Lyon can't complain too much about Wilson's mistake... his was just a bad with the run out the ball before! 
  • One of the greatest pieces of sporting theatre ever...beats the cricket world cup for me up there with the miracle from medina and the mendonca play off game 
  • Oh yeah, will be at the Oval for day 4 of the final test of the series. You know, the one where we clinch the series and all go completely nuts. 
  • Imagine travelling 9,500 miles to see your team lose like that.
  • Great fun watching it round the golf club. Second time this year the TV has got a standing ovation. Carnage. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Ben Stokes was absolutely magnificent.
    He completed what was almost Mission Impossible.
    Definitely up there with Botham/Willis 1981.
    He has now created history twice in a couple of months.

• Think you need to see someone about your TV... Looks broken
  • johnny73 said:
    Imagine travelling 9,500 miles to see your team lose like that.
    Probably lives in Clapham and works in a pub somewhere nearby. 
  • Nailbiting stuff. Reminded me of the tension when Anderson and Panasar saved the test in Cardiff 2009.
  • The side on view when Sir Ben hit the final boundary with the crowd reminds me so much of the low level view behind the goal when PB scored the winner at Wembley