Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• Broad finally realising that if he bowls full with the new ball and with his height, he’s quite unplayable 
  • edited August 2019
    Get Smith early and we can run through them.
    We need to because I anticipate them running through us and we have to bat last.
  • Leuth said:
    Broad seems to have ingested some sort of 'don't bowl too short again and waste our new ball again' lesson
    It's only taken 10 years. Fair play to him.
    The commentators have looked at the stats and it's the fullest he's ever bowled at the start of a Test innings.
    I've been screaming at the TV since forever for him not to bowl so short.
    I feel exactly the same, his best spells have always been when he pitches it up 
  • edited August 2019
    Oi Shane, James Pattinson has as many FC hundreds as you have Test tons
  • edited August 2019
    Stuart Broad has 446 Test wickets.

Tough crowd on CL.

• Great toss to lose that, get smith and we are into the longest tail in test history. Head, Wade, Paine has to be the weakest Australian 5.6.7 of all time 
  • Wishing it was Archer coming on now instead of Stokes. They'd have had to have dropped Denly or Bairstow (or Buttler!) but I reckon it'd have been the better selection. Woakes or Ali will be batting at 9. 9! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Laddick01 said:
    What’s the point of having Bairstow behind the stumps if you don’t trust him.
    Just like Millwall, Bairstow's reputation went before him on that first ball.
  • Stuart Broad has 446 Test wickets.

Tough crowd on CL.

He'd have had 600+ if he'd pitched it up.
  • 35-3

Khawaja gone.
  • Good review for once.
  • Khawaja's guilty face rather gave it away!
  • bobmunro said:
    Great toss to lose that, get smith and we are into the longest tail in test history. Head, Wade, Paine has to be the weakest Australian 5.6.7 of all time 
    That's torn it. Record 5th, 6th and 7th wicket partnerships coming up.
    Yeah, I'll bookmark that :wink:
  • Wilson is not a very good umpire, as evidenced at the World Cup
  • 1st beer of the day for me in sunny Majorca. 
    I intend to have one every time a wicket falls.
    Pissed by this evening hopefully. 
    So, if you started with a pint at the start of play, you should be on your 4th now?
  • Being harsh, that's 3 umpiring errors so far this morning. 2 nicks missed, and an incorrect LBW given
  • 1st beer of the day for me in sunny Majorca. 
    I intend to have one every time a wicket falls.
    Pissed by this evening hopefully. 
    So, if you started with a pint at the start of play, you should be on your 4th now?
    Haha.
    Only my 3rd.
    Got grandkids to look after so pacing myself. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Walked out of office for lunch saying expect to see a wicket less hour. Walk in pub and wicket first ball. Hadn’t even reached the bar !  
  • I don't think i've seen Khawaja have a good innings for months
  • MrOneLung said:
    Walked out of office for lunch saying expect to see a wicket less hour. Walk in pub and wicket first ball. Hadn’t even reached the bar !  
    Stay there for the sake of English sport. Your liver can take one for the team chief
  • Sanagakkara is a fantastic addition to the Sky commentary team
    Agree. Wonderfully insightful and a joy to listen to
  • edited August 2019
    The current interpretation of "wides" never ceases to amaze me.

In one day games a ball could miss leg stump by a matter of inches but it will be called as a wide yet the two balls just delivered by Stokes that the batsman has no hope of realistically reaching down the leg side would have been byes had Bairstow not managed to stop the ball.

The same is true with regards to the change of Law regarding no balls and byes - I recently witnessed two balls from a bowler with the yips that were so high that they didn't pitch 'til the ball was about 20-30 yards from the boundary. In both cases, as per the Law, they were correctly called as one no ball and four byes. So the keeper in question racked up eight byes for balls that were impossible for him to stop and the bowler got away with just two runs on his analysis.

I even contacted the ECB about this and their rationale was that they felt the former Law (where it would have been 5 no balls) was too harsh on the bowler!
  • Enter Moeen
  • Stokes is bowling a poor spell. Anderson only bowled 4 overs, and is being managed to last the distance.

• Anderson 4 overs .. not fit, too old, or both .. Stokes not Woakes, why ? 
  • Anderson 4 overs .. not fit, too old, or both .. Stokes not Woakes, why ? 
    Short bursts for Anderson given his current fitness issues. Will start with him after lunch when the hope is that the break will have affected the two established batsmen concentration.
  • Beefy's put on a bit of timber