Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• Whilst they take a tea and rain break, anybody fancy giving a brief report of the highlights on the 2 sessions for people, like me, who havnt seen a ball bowled?
    aussie was out but was not out, then got out but wasnt out, but was out, next batsman was out but wasnt out but was out, then the aussie batsman wasnt out but was out. Then a bit of a recovery, then the same thing happened again.

Brief and simple enough for ya?
  • Whilst they take a tea and rain break, anybody fancy giving a brief report of the highlights on the 2 sessions for people, like me, who havnt seen a ball bowled?

I've been watching on the phone so this will be brief.

Broad / Anderson started well, Broad both lucky with some wickets and unlucky with others

Umpires having a bit of a mare

Australia seem to have been struggling and not got any momentum going, also down to how well we are bowling in my opinion.

Woakes also bowling well, shame Jimmy gone of after 4 overs as he was looking good. Broad bowling fuller and solid

• bobmunro said:
    Smith is still there.
    I'll be very pleased if we get them out for less than 200, but it wouldn't surprise me if they get close to 250.

They won't get to 200
    193-8
  • Smith is annoyingly good
    Can't stand the prick 
  • bobmunro said:
    Smith is still there.
    I'll be very pleased if we get them out for less than 200, but it wouldn't surprise me if they get close to 250.

They might not get to 200
    193-8

• Did somebody cry "Save us, Moeen"?
  • edited August 2019
    Let's finish it before the cheat in general gets a century. I wouldn't mind him being out for 99 though. 
  • 218-9

Smith 92 no.
  • Sponsored links:

• Aussies dug themselves out of a hole I reckon. With our line up 240 is very defendable 
  • Come on.... wicket now please!!! 
  • Smith 103 no.
  • One man team. Incredible innings in the circumstances and they've now got a decent enough score.
  • So much for the Aussies having a long tail.
    122 for 8.
    Now over 200.
  • Smith is still there.
    257-9
  • So much for the Aussies having a long tail.
    122 for 8.
    Now over 200.
    Well it helps having a world class player at the other end!

Siddle has been playing well for Essex too
  • The Anderson injury has really put a spanner in the works, this is turning into a nightmare 
  • The way the commentators praise Smith really makes me laugh. ‘The stuff he’s been through’ says Warne.

The man is a cheat plain and simple. 
  • Smith has put this test level again with the help of Siddle. We needed all 5 of our bowlers on it. Losing Anderson after 4 overs may have cost us an extra 100 runs. We were looking at all out for 150.
    You can hate Smith but he is a master at the crease.

Critical batting for England tonight.

• Sponsored links:

• Hope i'm wrong but i think this session has cost us the match. 

154-8 at tea. Now 258-9
  • Sometimes you just have to acknowledge that you are up against a quality player. He is shielding Lyon really well and picking up the runs.

Siddle's role should not be underestimated either. 

Who will play a similar innings for us?
  • 122-8  263-9 and counting.

Tells its own story.
  • Hope i'm wrong but i think this session has cost us the match. 

154-8 at tea. Now 258-9
    Bit early to say it has cost us the match! Certainly puts Australia slightly ahead. Feel it’s a 250 pitch but we won’t know until both sides have batted 
  • LenGlover said:
    Sometimes you just have to acknowledge that you are up against a quality player. He is shielding Lyon really well and picking up the runs.

Smith rarely looks like getting out and it's usually a surprise to me when he is.

• Just think the selectors weren't prepared to play 2 bowlers who weren't 100 per cent fit.
    Archer will be fit for 2nd Test - no problem.

perhaps so .. but when did he last bowl around 20 overs in a day ?
  • LenGlover said:
    Sometimes you just have to acknowledge that you are up against a quality player. He is shielding Lyon really well and picking up the runs.

Smith rarely looks like getting out and it's usually a surprise to me when he is.
    Still a cheating prick 
  • 268-9

New ball in 2 overs.
  • I don't think Joe Root is a very good captain, 9 men in the outfield when Smith is batting, they should still be trying to get him out
  • 284 All Out

Smith out 144